Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick

In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick:
    In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : Your not getting my point. If JJ is there in the second round he is a must draft. Unless they take the 3 better CB's ahead of JJ with a first round pick. The facts are that the Pats need to take a CB in the top 6 picks they have. But if they pass up on other CB's in the first round, none of the other CB's in the draft will be a difference maker. JJ atleast has the chance to become a difference maker. It's fine if you and Laz think he stinks but I agree with many experts. All Im saying is that he is worth a second round pick BECAUSE the past 7 years no CB taken in the 2nd or 3rd round has been a pro-bowler or a difference maker. And since if the Pats took another CB, he most likely according to history will become maybe an average CB or cut. JJ has the chance to be an Pro-Bowl corner.
    Posted by maine12

I have said repeatedly that I think he's the best cover corner in the draft with immense talent. I don't know where you thought I said he stunk. The question becomes can he utilize that talent or will the off-field stuff prevent him from becoming that player or worse never even getting a shot in the league.

My biggest gripe is with a pick in the first 2 rounds I want a player I know won't become an issue with off-field distractions that could result in on-field suspensions. What good is the talent if he won't be able to stay on the field or stay focused on the field. Everything about this kid says that he will continue doing the same stuff that got him thrown out of Florida and suspended at N Ala which means he will get suspended and not be able to play.

I am more then willing to give up some talent if in return I get a team player that fits a role in the system, won't get suspended, and who's full attention is on the game and trying to improve. Truthfully I'd rather have Hosley or Robinson over Jenkins because I know they have a better shot of not being suspended as well as their focus on the game and getting better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : humorous :). if an attempt at humor and repartee with a lil jab, thats fine. (i like to joke a lil more positively when i do). hard to tell someone's intent online (vs in person). if this happens to be an effort to get people to change their posting on the board. good luck with that (unless they are violating policy). of course, post topics you want and others will do the same (and not take their orders from other posters of course). thanks for the post.
    Posted by bredbru

Just kidding with you. I'm not trying to dictate what gets discussed here

Just that your JJ fixation is hard to ignore, and after a while, the fixation calls attention to itself and becomes a topi for discussion/target for ridicule (good natured of course)

For the record, I think the serial seed spiller is worth taking a chance on. Maybe a second or third rounder, not a first

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

"In Response to Re: Greg Cosell Says J Jenkins Should Be The #5 Pick : Just kidding with you. I'm not trying to dictate what gets discussed here Just that your JJ fixation is hard to ignore, and after a while, the fixation calls attention to itself and becomes a topi for discussion/target for ridicule (good natured of course)" 

cool acheniot.
    thanks for the clarification.
    good natured ribbing with friends is enjoyable.
    when ive got news or a new thought and inspiration, its coming to the board (whether about jj or not.).

all the discussion has been had.
    now its time to enjoy the music.
    im all about the team winning super bowls
    thats what i care about.
    that and not bringing @ holes esp ones who hurt women.
    i dont see him as either. 
    and the characterizations being made by some (ie nyc above) are pure fabrication (either to aid their point or some other personal issue they have which i wont address here).

"For the record, I think the serial seed spiller is worth taking a chance on. Maybe a second or third rounder, not a first"
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

i got ya.

lets see what goes down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bar fights, running from the police and eventually tazed.
    Posted by pezz4pats

C'mon, whats wrong with this?  That sounds like a typical friday or saturday night for some of us?

Sections
Shortcuts