GREG COSELL'S MOCK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

GREG COSELL'S MOCK

The highly touted draft junkie's 1st mock ever ...

worth the read.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/23/cosell-talks-mock-draft/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: GREG COSELL'S MOCK

Yeah he's always worth reading. He is suppose to go more of the shock and awe route in this draft with some big surprises so I'm very interested to see what he has

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hrm just read it and it's an interesting mock to say the least. I would say there are some surprises. It's almost like he made the picks he would make based on his draft value chart. Some very interesting choices to be sure. Though, it's funny that he acknowledges that the draft won't go this way, because he completely bypassed a fairly substantial factor most teams involve in decision making on draft picks. Though I wouldn't complain about the Pats picks I would be wary of McClellin now knowing about the 3 concussions. I'd be scared he'd take a turn to the Wright (yeah I know very bad pun).

To me this sounds more like a top 32 talent list then a mock draft which is still cool to read

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I would be ecstatic if that is what happened!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I could see BB drafting along those lines.  Not sure if Cosell has the right guys in his mock, but I could definitely see two of the first picks, wherever they are if there are trades, being OLB/DE and S. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Interesting that he has Griffin rated higher than Luck (although that's not the first place I've read that) and that he has Brockers still being on the board at 31.

Hadn't heard about McClellin's concussion issue but that I'm sure will be a consideration.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Cosell is phenominal, I don't always agree with him but his opinion is always informed and based on tape, not "feelings" or "hunches".  Can't say the same for alot of these talking heads.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

When was the last time Bill drafted the way that most projected?

I've resorted to thinking of the draftee that makes no sense, and going with that guy...

Probably a better process than most of the "experts" out we see on tv...

So this year's pick: Coby Fleener

Haha...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

That would be a great 1st round, I have them flip flopped though, Brockers first and Shea second pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Realistically, will Brockers still be available at 27?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

I can't see the Patriots drafting twice in first round it just doesn't fit their typical MO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: GREG COSELL'S MOCK:
    [QUOTE]I can't see the Patriots drafting twice in first round it just doesn't fit their typical MO
    Posted by Sully1965[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to agree.  In another thread I'm projecting them to trade both of their 1st rounders.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i almost agree with cosell's assessment of richardson being the best player in teh draft. i think the best players are still the QBs. among the non-QBs, richardson would be my choice for best player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

[QUOTE]I can't see the Patriots drafting twice in first round it just doesn't fit their typical MO
    Posted by Sully1965[/QUOTE]
    With those players available I ould see them making the picks and then getting their trading fix later in the draft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I know it is not likely, but damn, I hope this is the year that BB cashes in his chips and moves up and grabs Barron. I think  he would be huge for our d.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I would do handstands over those two in the 1st....I have no idea how it could happen, but on paper it would be awesome.  I love the natural anchor and power Brockers displays, alot to work with there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I gotta ask this, so I'll place it here on Captn's thread...  Q:  WhereInTH is Quinton Coples going to fall in this Draft?  I've seen Coples as High as #11 Rd 1, anywhere in the middle Right around the 20 spot of Rd 1...and similarly, I've seen several mocks with Coples dropping as far as a third of the way into Rd 2...?  

Lemme explain:  This is the first time thus far that I've really taken a keen and close inspection of the higher regarded pass rushing DEs on film, in a comparative analysis...  

Here's what I took home:  Quinton Coples is a FREAK...  He's a stud, plain and simple.  Better- Than- ANY-one...in this draft @ that 4-3 DE spot (with 3-4 OLB potential).  He is just a FREAK...  Ask mbeaulieu, Last Draft I said Aldon Smith was far and away the purest force to be reckoned with as a pass-rushing 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB guy...  I see the exact same deal with Coples...He simply looks like a Man amongst Pop Warner boys out there.  He is-  This guy simply FLINGS people around...  Just SO powerful...and extremely fast.  I see him getting double-teamed on EVERY SINGLE PLAY...more than any other situation with any other Pass-Rusher playing his position in this draft.  1 Difference between Coples and Aldon Smith:  Smith was 6'3 and in the highest of the 260'slb range-  Coples is SIX FOOT FIVE, and 280 even.  I know that's on paper, just a bit too big for a 3-4 OLB (weight-wise)...This guy can do it though, He is FAST at that huge size.  Quick lateral agility and body control- REALLY Good here.  It's just his strength with that body control, and now Lawrence Taylor height. 

Been high on Andre Branch...but I'm turning the majority of my allegiance to Coples now.  Still believe Devon Still can do that 3-4 DE, 4-3 DT, leaps and bounds better than anyone else in this Draft (Derek Wolfe being my 2nd favorite).  RB, still going with Vick Ballard (b/c Doug Martin's gonna go to high for me).  And unless Casey Heyward, or Josh Norman slip down a bit (b/c I want these other guys), With CB, I'm still liking a few of those mid-rounders: Donnie Fletcher, and Maybe Ryan Stead or Keith Tandy (great potential finds in these Rds 4-5 Guys).  Some ILB/4-3 Weakside 'tweener I'd like (Audie Cole, Miles Burris).  3 Safeties I like, No-one apparently has any clue where they'll fall...Markelle Martin, Brandon Taylor, Antonio Allen (in order).

~~

Honestly though w/ Coples:  I have no idea his involvement (or non) in the North Carolina Suspension a year or two ago?  Also, I ABSOLUTELY have issues with his refusal to move inside later on in this season upon the NC Coach asking him to do so...  I'm even fairly certain I saw 1 or 2 bad inside takes, on his attitude in Individual Draftee Meetings with NFL Clubs(?)...  In terms of where Coples is on the field at this pass-rushing end position...?  ...He IS, right now, Better than ANY-one & EVERY-one else in this 2012 Draft Class.  I just don't want a spend a 1st Rder on a exceptionally talented guy who plays by his own rules...I NEVER do.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Hrm just read it and it's an interesting mock to say the least. I would say there are some surprises. It's almost like he made the picks he would make based on his draft value chart. Some very interesting choices to be sure. Though, it's funny that he acknowledges that the draft won't go this way, because he completely bypassed a fairly substantial factor most teams involve in decision making on draft picks. Though I wouldn't complain about the Pats picks I would be wary of McClellin now knowing about the 3 concussions. I'd be scared he'd take a turn to the Wright (yeah I know very bad pun). To me this sounds more like a top 32 talent list then a mock draft which is still cool to read
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

agreed totally not a realistic draft.
    just what he thinks teams should do at their pick
    note jenkins at 5 while guys here even with talent alone see him as not a first rounder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Realistically, will Brockers still be available at 27?
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

very unlikely

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Hey LAZ ...

Regarding Coples .

You definitely brought up the question of his worth in the right thread.

Greg Cosell tweeted the exact same question the other day .

He pointed out that the disparity between experts as to where Coples should go is indeed massive .

Personally , I'm still not sure which D-Lineman I'd like to see on the Pats but I'm glad that theres such a deep talent pool to chosse from .

D-wise :
    I get the feeling this might just be the Draft we've been waitin for .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I gotta ask this, so I'll place it here on Captn's thread...  Q:  WhereInTH is Quinton Coples going to fall in this Draft?  I've seen Coples as High as #11 Rd 1, anywhere in the middle Right around the 20 spot of Rd 1...and similarly, I've seen several mocks with Coples dropping as far as a third of the way into Rd 2...?   Lemme explain:  This is the first time thus far that I've really taken a keen and close inspection of the higher regarded pass rushing DEs on film, in a comparative analysis...   Here's what I took home:  Quinton Coples is a FREAK...  He's a stud, plain and simple.  Better- Than- ANY-one...in this draft @ that 4-3 DE spot (with 3-4 OLB potential).  He is just a FREAK...  Ask mbeaulieu, Last Draft I said Aldon Smith was far and away the purest force to be reckoned with as a pass-rushing 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB guy...  I see the exact same deal with Coples...He simply looks like a Man amongst Pop Warner boys out there.  He is-  This guy simply FLINGS people around...  Just SO powerful...and extremely fast.  I see him getting double-teamed on EVERY SINGLE PLAY...more than any other situation with any other Pass-Rusher playing his position in this draft.  1 Difference between Coples and Aldon Smith:  Smith was 6'3 and in the highest of the 260'slb range-  Coples is SIX FOOT FIVE, and 280 even.  I know that's on paper, just a bit too big for a 3-4 OLB (weight-wise)...This guy can do it though, He is FAST at that huge size.  Quick lateral agility and body control- REALLY Good here.  It's just his strength with that body control, and now Lawrence Taylor height.  Been high on Andre Branch...but I'm turning the majority of my allegiance to Coples now.  Still believe Devon Still can do that 3-4 DE, 4-3 DT, leaps and bounds better than anyone else in this Draft (Derek Wolfe being my 2nd favorite).  RB, still going with Vick Ballard (b/c Doug Martin's gonna go to high for me).  And unless Casey Heyward, or Josh Norman slip down a bit (b/c I want these other guys), With CB, I'm still liking a few of those mid-rounders: Donnie Fletcher, and Maybe Ryan Stead or Keith Tandy (great potential finds in these Rds 4-5 Guys).  Some ILB/4-3 Weakside 'tweener I'd like (Audie Cole, Miles Burris).  3 Safeties I like, No-one apparently has any clue where they'll fall...Markelle Martin, Brandon Taylor, Antonio Allen (in order). ~~ Honestly though w/ Coples:  I have no idea his involvement (or non) in the North Carolina Suspension a year or two ago?  Also, I ABSOLUTELY have issues with his refusal to move inside later on in this season upon the NC Coach asking him to do so...  I'm even fairly certain I saw 1 or 2 bad inside takes, on his attitude in Individual Draftee Meetings with NFL Clubs(?)...  In terms of where Coples is on the field at this pass-rushing end position...?  ...He IS, right now, Better than ANY-one & EVERY-one else in this 2012 Draft Class.  I just don't want a spend a 1st Rder on a exceptionally talented guy who plays by his own rules...I NEVER do.   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

coples wont make it to 15

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Hey LAZ ... Regarding Coples .  You definitely brought up the question of his worth in the right thread.  Greg Cosell tweeted the exact same question the other day .  He pointed out that the disparity between experts as to where Coples should go is indeed massive .  Personally , I'm still not sure which D-Lineman I'd like to see on the Pats but I'm glad that theres such a deep talent pool to chosse from . D-wise : I get the feeling this might just be the Draft we've been waitin for .
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

First, thanx CaptnFoxboro- THAT is wicked funny that he brought up the exact same issue here with Coples...  Yea, minus the 1 big positional need of Safety in this draft's talent pool, Need for Positional Need as it relates to NE- This draft is either Decently Deep (average-just above), In their 2 lesser but still actual P.O.N., e.g. Wideout and Corner- While this Draft is REALLY deep- And those goes directly straight across the board regardless of scheme, e.g. Defensive Front Seven Spots.  This isn't to say that it's exceptionally filled w/ blue-chip prospects (I said that early on w/ this one, blue chippers are sporadically placed all about- <wierd order comparatively), But Deep In the Front 7 D???  Yup- Reaaal deep with quality core-type guys.. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey Laz -

Personally, due to his lack of effort and motor (which apparently carried over in the interviews) I have Coples falling all the way to SD at #18

Bred -

With regards to Jenkins. I do see his talent being that high. He is the best pure cover man in the draft. So as Cosell says using just film and not considering character or red flags then I'd put him as a top 15 talent in the draft. But, as we all know red flags have to be considered, as players get themselves kicked out of the league for those concerns or off field personal problems have translated to lack of production on the field. Now there is no telling if Jenkins falls into that category or if he'll become a star but it's an awfully big gamble for teams to risk in terms of both money and the pick itself to place on the kid which is why he'll fall out of the 1st and most likely will end up on a non playoff team that can afford to take a bigger gamble on a kid

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He might as well list them alphabetically since it won't go that way. IMO he makes the same mistake as all the other draft experts- he overrates all the players. Look at his comparisons. Luck- a bigger faster stronger Schaub. Fair enough even though Schaub is probably a top 5 QB right now. RGIII- even better than luck- so 2 top 5 QBs coming out, kind of like gets predicted every year but never happens. Gilmore- Charles Woodson Richardson- Adrian Peterson Claiborne- Champ Bailey (just a HOFer) Jenkins- even better than Claiborne therefore better than Bailey. Ingram- Freeney Randle- Hakeem Nicks So on and so forth. If Woodson Freeney, Peterson, Nicks, two CBs better than Bailey and 2 top 5 QBs came out in the first half of round 1 of a draft it would be the greatest draft ever. I can't tell you exactly which players will end up as average but I can guarantee you about half of them will. And only 3 or 4 will ever live up to the expectations out there right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to GREG COSELL'S MOCK:
    [QUOTE]The highly touted draft junkie's 1st mock ever ... worth the read. http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/23/cosell-talks-mock-draft/
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Worth the read?? This knucklehead has Janoris Jenkins going 5th overall, to Tampa. At that point, I stopped reading.

Sections
Shortcuts