greg ellis released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

greg ellis released

he is now a FA OLB. Do you guys think we should stick with AD/Crable/woods/colvin or add Ellis to the mix?  I think we should sign him to a 1 yr deal to give us a chance to see what Crable can do and have a back up in case he is not what we hoped.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Re: greg ellis released

Agreed.  Possibily 2 years if we have to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattadlard. Show mattadlard's posts

Yeh definately. Would be a great addition as long as he is relatively low cost maybe $2-3 mil. He had 8 sacks last year and has experience in a 3-4! Can't wait for BB to sign him!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

We don't have Colvin.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Will the Pats sign him today or tomorrow?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Will the Pats sign him today or tomorrow?
    Posted by Grogan77

I think Ellis would be a great signing if we cannot get Burgess.  I think Ellis wants to win also. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayco. Show Jayco's posts

What's this guy's locker room presence like?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

he is now a FA OLB. Do you guys think we should stick with AD/Crable/woods/colvin or add Ellis to the mix?  I think we should sign him to a 1 yr deal to give us a chance to see what Crable can do and have a back up in case he is not what we hoped.
    Posted by natesubs
    I see him landing on one of these 4-3 defense teams,or parcells swooping him up.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2699

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

We do not have Colvin under contract. Also it is worht notin that Ellis wanted out of Dallas the last two years because he did not like the way he was being used I.E. he did not like that they made him switch from DE to OLB so I do not know if he would be looking to join another 3-4 D unless he has changed his mind and he simply didnt like playing OLB in a Dallas uniform.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I think Ellis would be a great signing if we cannot get Burgess.  I think Ellis wants to win also. 
    Posted by kittycat6969

Ellis wouldn't require a trade, so my money is on Ellis.  He fits the bill perfectly for a BB type player and is exactly the player the Pats need right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ellis wouldn't require a trade, so my money is on Ellis.  He fits the bill perfectly for a BB type player and is exactly the player the Pats need right now.
    Posted by Grogan77

Fort Worth Star Telegram says he is eyeing Miami, Tampa, Cincy and New England!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Also it is worht notin that Ellis wanted out of Dallas the last two years because he did not like the way he was being used I.E. he did not like that they made him switch from DE to OLB so I do not know if he would be looking to join another 3-4 D unless he has changed his mind and he simply didnt like playing OLB in a Dallas uniform.

It wasn't about how he was used, it's about the $$$.  From all I've heard, he's a good teammate but bitches about his contract every yr.  He resisted the move to OLB at first but once he did it, it was a good fit.  He even spent a lot of time mentoring Anthony Spencer even though he knew Spencer would probably take his job at some point.  That's why he mentioned the 4 teams he's interested in.  Cincy has his former Def Coord Zimmer there.  Miami has Parcells.  And he knows NE could use a pass rushing OLB.  I forget the Tampa connection but I think it had something to do with Jim Bates, their new D Coord.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

from what i've read and heard on sirius nfl radio, ellis is a good teammate and popular in the locker room. but he has been known to gripe about his contract status and the way the team has used him in the past. it sounds to me like he will go to the highest bidder, which is almost always the way it works, right? taylor was an unusual exception. hopefully the pats will get him, because he probably will be the last potential difference maker to hit the market this offseason. its still too bad about peppers though. i think he could have had a kevin garnett-like effect on our defense. maybe next year....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Good luck to him where ever he signs.Except if he chooses Miami,which is unlikely due to their recent signing of Jason Taylor.I don't know why anyone would choose to sign with Cincy Criminals!!!! TBBucs,maybe but if he wants to win a championship he'll finnagle his way to NE....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Signs with the Raiders.  3 year deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4260643

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

did Ellis really sign with the Raiders?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

Yeah - now we can deal for Burgess!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Yeah I'm sure that Big Al is holding his breath with anticipation of just giving another high quality player to the Patriots.A deal is duable if all Al asks for is one draft choice and one decent player in return otherwise Burgess won't be traded to New England anytime soon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Posted by kittycat6969

Reading this made me laugh since he went to one of the worst franchises......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Fort Worth Star Telegram says he is eyeing Miami, Tampa, Cincy and New England!
    Posted by pezz4pats

So much for relying on Fort Worth Star's reputation.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

So much for relying on Fort Worth Star's reputation.....
    Posted by m1020us

Ya, he went to the highest bidder.  PFW said yesterday that the Pats did offer him a 1 yr/1.5 mil. deal. (I don't know if that was reported any where else on here), but it makes you think they are not as happy with what they've got as speculated.  Some one is coming!  But, who?

Sections
Shortcuts