Greg Ellis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Greg Ellis

As for Ellis, he's not the answer to the Patriots' OLB woes. Too old, and too slow.          
    Posted by TexasPat3

I agree with you here Tex regarding Ellis, I don't think he had the athleticism to play linebacker when he was young nevermind now.  Everybody here is just assuming these free agents or soon to be available players can make the switch but it requires the ability to run good shuttle times or be fast in all four directions, not everybody who is fast rushing upfield can make the conversion... 

Now the only thing I'm trying to figure out is what OLB woes you are referring to; who says so..?  Either Pierre Woods or Crable will make believers of you all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he was just released. let the speculation begin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

he was just released. let the speculation begin.
    Posted by artielang

Do you have a cite on this? 

From what I've read, Ellis has not yet been released...just been given permission by the Cowboys to speak to other clubs. So, the Cowboys are still looking to trade him. That said, its' just a matter of time before he is released: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4206691

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yeah sorry about that. they said he was released on sirius nfl radio, but then a few minutes later they clarified that they were just referring to the jones statement that ellis will be released or traded.
    they also speculated that if he does get released, the pats would be his most likely destination. i dont think they really have any inside info though. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' more on Greg Ellis: http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/1396895.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I agree with you here Tex regarding Ellis, I don't think he had the athleticism to play linebacker when he was young nevermind now.  Everybody here is just assuming these free agents or soon to be available players can make the switch but it requires the ability to run good shuttle times or be fast in all four directions, not everybody who is fast rushing upfield can make the conversion...  Now the only thing I'm trying to figure out is what OLB woes you are referring to; who says so..?  Either Pierre Woods or Crable will make believers of you all.
    Posted by wozzy

in case you didn't realize wozzy, he already did make the successful transition to LB despite your proclamation that he didn't have the athleticism.  I guess now you know more than Parcells who made that switch.  By all accounts he was having a pro bowl season in 2006, the yr he switched, until he broke his leg.  He came back in 2007 and had 12.5 sacks. Many football insiders actually feel the switch to LB made him better.

Sections
Shortcuts