Greg Jennings - seems awful quiet.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Greg Jennings - seems awful quiet.

With everyone discussing Bowe and Wallace, Jennings seems to be a bit of a forgotten player of the three premier outside/vertical threats. I know he was injured last year, but he comes from a great program, has had great production, hasn't made any negative headlines, and is probably the most polished route runner of the three. He has worked in a fairly similar offense that depends on timing and precise QB/receiver communication, and for a demanding QB who if not happy, has lots of other options to throw to.

I know Miami is supposedly hot for him, but do you think the Pat's have any interest. He is still under 30. For a expensive contract, I think he has the highest success probability of the available WRs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

Re: Greg Jennings - seems awful quiet.

mainly quiet because he has openly made statements about Miami and rejoining his old offensive coordinator.  He would be a nice addition, but probably too much $$$ and not where he wants to go.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

He might stay in GB.

Putting a string of stories together:

1. GB undecided about whether or not to franchise Jennings.

2. Finley says he is unwilling to take a paycut. He's set to make 8 million on the second year of a two year deal...so he can't restructure unless he extends...which I don't think GB wants to do.

So this leads me to the conclusion that it's very likely GB keeps Jennings and releases Finley instead.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

With everyone discussing Bowe and Wallace, Jennings seems to be a bit of a forgotten player of the three premier outside/vertical threats. I know he was injured last year, but he comes from a great program, has had great production, hasn't made any negative headlines, and is probably the most polished route runner of the three. He has worked in a fairly similar offense that depends on timing and precise QB/receiver communication, and for a demanding QB who if not happy, has lots of other options to throw to.

I know Miami is supposedly hot for him, but do you think the Pat's have any interest. He is still under 30. For a expensive contract, I think he has the highest success probability of the available WRs.

after starting his career in GB, I would think Miami sounds nice, plus playing with his old OC garuantees he puts up numbers and NE would have to outbid Miami which I dont see happening. The sad thing is Jennings could and should have been drafted here and maybe he is leaving here now with a couple rings....  smh

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

after starting his career in GB, I would think Miami sounds nice, plus playing with his old OC garuantees he puts up numbers and NE would have to outbid Miami which I dont see happening. The sad thing is Jennings could and should have been drafted here and maybe he is leaving here now with a couple rings....  smh

Yeah, but we traded up for Chad Jackson, so it's all good...oh wait.

2006: Jackson at 36, Jennings at 52

2009: Tate at 83, Wallace at 84

As close as it gets. Oh well, at least they picked Brady instead of Rattay or Bulger

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

GB thinking of tagging him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

read that GB is tagging him. Sorry no link, was about a week ago.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

According to Profootballtalk.com, the "scuttlebutt in league circles" is that Greg Jennings is looking for as much as $12 million per year in free agency.

That's down from Jennings' previously rumored desire for an annual $14 million, but still way above the $7-$9 million an AFC executive estimated he'll get to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. If Jennings is truly intent on breaking the $10 million barrier, he could spend a lot of time on the open market. League sources tell CBS it's "highly unlikely" the Packers franchise tag Jennings.   Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com Mar 1 - 2:11 PM

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138493/article/greg-jennings-jake-long-among-riskiest-players-in-free-agency

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

If we are going big$$$ - and I for one do not think that is in BBs playbook for a WR - but if, Mike Wallace is my choice over  Jennings by far.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

While reuniting with Philbin would be appealing to Jennings i don't think the Phins share the same sentiments. It could be his asking price, it could be that JP knows something about him we don't. I know i really really want him but won't cry about it unless Miami is unable to land a #1 WR. they have been going after Wallace hard which is good..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

he's quiet because he wants $14mill per year and everyone is laughing at him. 

:) laughing

you mean like revis wanting 100 mil and jets ignoring his calls

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Interesting comments - I do think the big money competition is going toward Bowe (if not tagged) and Wallace and that Jennings is likely to be left at the alter. He may want 14M/yr but it ain't happening and when reality sets in he will be signing somewhere for about half that. He is a good receiver but he is older and has injury concerns.

I am interested because I think he would be the most likely of the three to hook on well with Brady and the Pats offense and as I said, I think the salary he actually signs for is going to be pretty similar to Welker and quite possibly less.

Sections
Shortcuts