Greg jennings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Greg jennings

We need better recievers next year whether we win the super bowl or not and this is the guy we need. he is young fast and will most defintely be availible after this year. He to me is even better than mike wallace because for those of you who actually watch the game you would know mike wallace drops alot of balls an jennings has some of the best hands in the game. what do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Greg jennings

He isn't young (will be 30 next season)

Has been getting hurt the past two years.

He's also going to get a Vincent Jackson type contract.

Not worth it in my opinion. I would rather resign Welker or get two mid level receivers.

I would be hesistant to give Jennings a three year deal...He's probably looking for/will get a 4-5 year deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

he has been hurt but its been the same injury, and he is getting that taking care of now, and the whole couple of mid-level recievers isnt working see deion brach and edelman

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Deion Branch isn't a mid level receiver. 

He can take care of it now, doesn't mean it won't come back. The older you get, the more injury prone you become.

Why would you dish out 4 years and 40 million+ when you have so many deficiencies on the defense.

If you're going to spend money, spend it on the defense first

The offense can move on with Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd, and Ridley and co.

That's still a top 5 offense

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

If the Packers resign him and they have Nelson and Cobb, maybe the Pats could try and get James Jones?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Pats had their chance and they took Chad Jackson instead. Donald Driver is even older and I thought the Pats would look at him in the offseason because of his veteran presence and ability make plays and G.B. gave him a nice send off contract so to think Jennings who is much younger than Driver would be available to us is a stretch IMO. They will def. sign him if they had money for Driver.

I like him, but we should have drafted him in 06. garuanteed we win the SB because we had noone to get a 1st down in the AFCCG...  smh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Pass on Welker and Jennings, get another DT, pass rushing DE and depending on what happens with Talib, a CB. 

Keep McCourty at Safety.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wilfork is getting longer in the tooth, soon, he won't be able to handle the double teams. He needs more help, Welker is 32. Only an idiot will pay him big.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Jennings will be availible packers have rodgers and mathews contract coming up and there offense withut him right now is just fine. he is as good as gone. if u watch a patriots game as prolific as were are duringthe season we neede another reciever are current ones arent getting it done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

You will get more return on your investment spending that money on the defense than getting a WR

You don't need a prolific offense to win it all. Look at the Packers last season. 

Either you just play madden or fantasy football.

Gronk and Hernandez will get a ton of targets. They're the two main targets. Lloyd can play as the third option. Makes no cap sense to pay big bucks for three receivers (Hernandez, Gronk and Jennings). Paying 8 mil+ for a third option is just stupid. Especially now that a run game is intact.

As 49Patriots mentioned, their are a lot of needs on the dline. Jones is our only pass rusher. Investing that money on a 2nd pass rusher is better money spent than on a third receiving option.

Interior Dline depth is also needed.

And I wouldn't invest another top pick in the secondary, but hopefully they can get a veteran DB somewhere in there.

Now when you consider the fact that you have those needs, AND you have players who will be FA's within the next two seasons (Spikes, Ridley to name a few) you can't possibly justify a Jennings signing.

This is a top ranked offense. If not signing welker or jennings means it drops to a number 7 offense, I'm fine with that. 

8 million invested in the defense is better than 8 million invested on the offense at this point

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pass on Welker and Jennings, get another DT, pass rushing DE and depending on what happens with Talib, a CB. 

Keep McCourty at Safety.

[/QUOTE]

all above except cb, if talib doesnt work out we need a free agent not a draft pick (bb cnat draft them ever adn we need the top picks for stud de and stud de

add a c/g in draft

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

no way on jennings, i'd rather have them re-sign Welker if they are going to throw money out there for WR's - besides, they brought B Lloyd in as their 'stretch' the field/#1 WR for 3 yrs for low money.  They won't be going after a guy like Jennings, unless he will be very cheap, and I don't see him being cheap, there will be a team out there who will overpay jennings....