Gresh Slapping CHB on 98.5

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Gresh Slapping CHB on 98.5

at the risk of sounding stupid ,  wth is CHB...?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefty49. Show Lefty49's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Curly Haired Boyfriend.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

consider whos thread this is.

This is the guy who tells us NOT to listen to sports radio and then uses sports radio jargon to speak to us.  Why do we care about fatboy Gresh and obnoxious *ss? 

And you claim to be a salesman?  Let me guess what u are selling....Ummmm, B*llShit! (cough, cough)

What are doing....an account a day now!?  Boy you are persistant. I hope you have that same attitude when trying to close a sale!  NOT!.....lol. Whew! Got my fix for the day. I better leave now before it gets ugly

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

Hilarious!

He's mocking the fans who wanted us to be the Jets in 2009 and 2010.  Hilarious. He doesn't know what to say. Gresh is mocking people like that, and as we know many post here.

The highest of high comedy.

Well worth the listen.  CHB still arrogant even in defeat while exposed. Lots of talk about the Giants, Ravens, Steelers mirroring the BB recipe, but slipping falling off from the model in recent years which affects them now, too.

Yeah your daughter looks good in the mirror. Ignore!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Hilarious!

He's mocking the fans who wanted us to be the Jets in 2009 and 2010.  Hilarious. He doesn't know what to say. Gresh is mocking people like that, and as we know many post here.

Well worth the listen.  CHB still arrogant even in defeat while exposed. Lots of talk about the Giants, Ravens, Steelers mirroring the BB recipe, but slipping falling off from the model in recent years which affects them now, too.

Yeah, because Gresh and Zo are not total homers (both work for the Patriots directly on the game broadcasts).

Um, the Ravens are MORE successful than the Patriots in the past five years. The Giants over the past seven. You could argue so have the Steelers, Saints and Packers. Unless you prefer regular season wins to actual championships.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Hilarious!

I dont understand what "slipping off" means"? Havebnt each one of these 3 teams mentioned won the SB more recently than the Pats? Does that mean the Pats are "slipping off" since it is 10 years since the last SB win? Or is the goal to win 10-12 games in a weak AFC East and be happy with that?   

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I respect Zo, but a Welker-centric offense was a choice based on available personnel at times.  The guy showed up to play every game.  When they had drafted and developed talent at other positions, they chose to feature Edelman, their TEs and their running game more, and Welker still flourished.  I think the over-emphasis on Wes catching balls was, at times, more about who they had at the other WR positions than anything else. 

If it was a bad investment of salary to pay Wes what he wanted, then how did they justify paying Amendola?  All the durability concerns they supposedly had about Wes pale in comparison to Amedola's health problems.  They had to have a replacement and they may have overpaid.  Hernandez was supposed to be the new Wes, and losing him was huge.   

It's fine to say we're moving on from Welker because we think the age and the number of hits were taking their toll.  They paid Amedola and they drafted 3 WRs as part of their strategy.  I don't really think a Wes-centric offense was the problem, I think it's blaming Wes for taking a deal somewhere else, a cardinal sin to Boston fans and media.         

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Highly recommended. Zolak now introducing the idea that walking from Welkie was as much as moving away from that Welker-centric offense than it was not wanting to pay him more than he was worth on the market.

Zolak has inside info and if you read between the lines with him and Gresh during their shows, you can start to realize what the organization is thinking in situations like this.

Zolak mentioned "durability"with Welker, but they didn't even care about that because they are looking to not obsess over targeting a Welker so he can get his 120 receptions per year.

What good is "durability" when that durable player is so limited in terms of scheming and gameplanning?  That's pretty much what he was saying there and I've been saying this for a few years now.

This was about changing our offense so it has more dynamics to it.  

I still think Brady restructured, at the behest of Kraft, as a way to ensure Welker would return. But, BB knows the score. We would never win a SB with Welker here.

Ya know I was almost starting to believe this latest wild conspiracy and part of me was actually hoping that was the case in the offseason, but just like the hopes of being a smashmouth team this year, those dreams faded away with the August heat. The FACT is Danny Amendola had 10 catches from the slot in his 1st game in which he missed time...lol

So Danny was on pace to log 160 catches this year. There goes THAT theory!  learn the game and stop acting like you are smart. The harder you try, the dumber you look.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

False. No team has a higher winning% than this one since 2001, 2005, 2007 or 2010.  It's that simple.

NE has been in 4 AFC Title games and 2 SBs.  I won't go further why we didn't win at least ONE of those SBs, because we know why we didn't.  It has nothing to do with the discussion, though, Frank. Second time in 24 hours, you've tried to shift my thread into something else to deflect or troll.  Very annoying.

The Giants and Ravens had QBs who outperformed ours, but whom are inferior to our QB, most certainly not have been more successful in terms of winning% or consistency.  Each has missed the playoffs, for example.  Sometimes more than once. 

Do we do that? Do we go .500?

CHB called Gresh a Patriots toadie, similar to what you just said Gresh and Zo are, but in this case with regards to NE's business model, CHB either doesn't understand the concepts Gresh is talking about or he's being belligerent just to be belligerent.

Any fan defending CHB should be questioned here, too. 

First of all. You are plain wrong. Counting the 2007 season the Patriots have been to three AFC Championship games (2007, 2012, 2012). Obviously, you are going back to 2005 with this argument. 

Regular season winning percentage that is... Ravens in playoff since 2007 are 9-4, the Giants are 7-1, Packers are 6-4. Patriots are (wait for it) 5-5. Even the Steelers are 5-3. 

You would not take an 8-8 season and miss the playoffs if it meant being in a better position to get over the hump and actually win the Super Bowl the following season?!?!

Gresh and Zo are Patriot toadies. They are Patriot employees. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I respect Zo, but a Welker-centric offense was a choice based on available personnel at times.  The guy showed up to play every game.  When they had drafted and developed talent at other positions, they chose to feature Edelman, their TEs and their running game more, and Welker still flourished.  I think the over-emphasis on Wes catching balls was, at times, more about who they had at the other WR positions than anything else. 

If it was a bad investment of salary to pay Wes what he wanted, then how did they justify paying Amendola?  All the durability concerns they supposedly had about Wes pale in comparison to Amedola's health problems.  They had to have a replacement and they may have overpaid.  Hernandez was supposed to be the new Wes, and losing him was huge.   

It's fine to say we're moving on from Welker because we think the age and the number of hits were taking their toll.  They paid Amedola and they drafted 3 WRs as part of their strategy.  I don't really think a Wes-centric offense was the problem, I think it's blaming Wes for taking a deal somewhere else, a cardinal sin to Boston fans and media.         

I'm sorry to disagree with you on this one Cables, I usually agree with you but I think the problem with the Wes centric offense were the drops at the most inopportune times and the inability to win the big one while he was the focus. They tried twice and didn't make it. Then last year, they didn't even make the dance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Hilarious!

I dont understand what "slipping off" means"? Havebnt each one of these 3 teams mentioned won the SB more recently than the Pats? Does that mean the Pats are "slipping off" since it is 10 years since the last SB win? Or is the goal to win 10-12 games in a weak AFC East and be happy with that?   

Slipping/falling off.  Yes.  They ignored the flat cap in and out of the lockout. They'd be closer to the Jets if they didn't have good QBs and veteran clubs right now.

Giants are 0-2 and missed the playoffs last year.  Cruz had em by the nuts. They've lost a ton of key players with weak drafts exposing them.

Flacco got hot in the SB and then just put the screws to Ozzie. Yep. Neither team was budgeting for those kinds of investments and they lost leverage.

Ravens, same thing. They can't score, have little depth, have had some weak drafts and lost 70% of their defensive starters, if not more. Smith, Suggs, JOnes and Ngata are the only ones who remain. This is a good thing?  How? WHy?

Steelers?  They'll lose tonight and go to 0-2.  They're done, too.

I don't know what to tell ya. All these teams miss the playoffs every couple years and the Giants and Steelers are on the verge of missing the playoffs for the second year in a row.

If we had that here, you would break into BB''s office and hold a gun to his head asking to resign.

Yes, falling off. The flat cap off the lockout was not taken seriously by these supposed superior organizatons. Meanwhile, if Brady and Welker don't choke in SB 46, we're 1 ring into a possible new dynasty.

I don't know what to tell ya here, RKrap, but I was talking about the soup du jour teams you rant and rave about as being more successful or superior, really aren't.  

Talk to Brady about Sbs that were blown.  Has nothing to do with BB and his blueprint in the cap era. It should be a centerpiece at the HOF for crying out loud.

I'd rather ask BB why his defenses have been so poor for years now.  Considering he's supposed to be a defensive genius and all.  Never seen a D genius with such poor D.

I'd also ask him why he has no back up plan with drafting injury prone players and being forced to throw 4 rookies into the fire.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

You would not take an 8-8 season and miss the playoffs if it meant being in a better position to get over the hump and actually win the Super Bowl the following season?!?!

I'm not trying to start s hit with you specifically, but I see a lot of people make this kind of argument that other teams traded a few crappy seasons for SB wins and that the Pats should have done this as well.  I hate this argument because it assumes the trade guarantees a SB win.  To me nothing is guaranteed in the NFL so it is a false choice to assume you get an SB victory out of it.  What happens when you fall short and then suck for a few seasons as a result?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

I'm not trying to start s hit with you specifically, but I see a lot of people make this kind of argument that other teams traded a few crappy seasons for SB wins and that the Pats should have done this as well.  I hate this argument because it assumes the trade guarantees a SB win.  To me nothing is guaranteed in the NFL so it is a false choice to assume you get an SB victory out of it.  What happens when you fall short and then suck for a few seasons as a result?

Exactly. FrnkBhm is kind of a troll.  He follows me around, thinks he can take me on, and then shows himself to be trolling.

If we had won SB 42 or 46 with a better offense DEFENSE, his premise would hold no weight at all.

The concept is about the BB business model.  It's just that the DEFENSE of Pitt, NYGs or Balt played better than ours did.

Truth hurts.

Sections
Shortcuts