Gresh Slapping CHB on 98.5

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Gresh Slapping CHB on 98.5

You spent a week mocking me for listening to 98.5 while out of town.

Why are you doing this now?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

Highly recommended. Zolak now introducing the idea that walking from Welkie was as much as moving away from that Welker-centric offense than it was not wanting to pay him more than he was worth on the market.

Zolak has inside info and if you read between the lines with him and Gresh during their shows, you can start to realize what the organization is thinking in situations like this.

Zolak mentioned "durability"with Welker, but they didn't even care about that because they are looking to not obsess over targeting a Welker so he can get his 120 receptions per year.

What good is "durability" when that durable player is so limited in terms of scheming and gameplanning?  That's pretty much what he was saying there and I've been saying this for a few years now.

This was about changing our offense so it has more dynamics to it.  

I still think Brady restructured, at the behest of Kraft, as a way to ensure Welker would return. But, BB knows the score. We would never win a SB with Welker here.

Gresh is a fool, last year he was telling us why welker wasn't in the lineup because Edleman was a better blocker downfield....Uhm, NO Gresh, it was because BB had a hair across his A** because Welker signed the Tender for 9.2 mil for 1 year and this pi**ed off BB....

Zo, was saying during his broadcasts on 98.5 - 'PAY HIM' when he caught HUGE passes in HUGE games last season....but he gets on radio and seems like his isn't the same cheerleader as he is during broadcast....but I guess he doen't want to p** off the patriot brass down there....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rebuild since 2007, not 2 years.  Since they've commited???????    Bwahahaha.  They've been through 128000 DB's since Samuels

Worst pass D to ever play in a sb due to lack of 3rd down comversions and being on the field for 2/3rds of the game.

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hilarious!

He's mocking the fans who wanted us to be the Jets in 2009 and 2010.  Hilarious. He doesn't know what to say. Gresh is mocking people like that, and as we know many post here.

The highest of high comedy.

Well worth the listen.  CHB still arrogant even in defeat while exposed. Lots of talk about the Giants, Ravens, Steelers mirroring the BB recipe, but slipping falling off from the model in recent years which affects them now, too.

I dont understand what "slipping off" means"? Havebnt each one of these 3 teams mentioned won the SB more recently than the Pats? Does that mean the Pats are "slipping off" since it is 10 years since the last SB win? Or is the goal to win 10-12 games in a weak AFC East and be happy with that?   

[/QUOTE]

Slipping/falling off.  Yes.  They ignored the flat cap in and out of the lockout. They'd be closer to the Jets if they didn't have good QBs and veteran clubs right now.

Giants are 0-2 and missed the playoffs last year.  Cruz had em by the nuts. They've lost a ton of key players with weak drafts exposing them.

Flacco got hot in the SB and then just put the screws to Ozzie. Yep. Neither team was budgeting for those kinds of investments and they lost leverage.

Ravens, same thing. They can't score, have little depth, have had some weak drafts and lost 70% of their defensive starters, if not more. Smith, Suggs, JOnes and Ngata are the only ones who remain. This is a good thing?  How? WHy?

Steelers?  They'll lose tonight and go to 0-2.  They're done, too.

I don't know what to tell ya. All these teams miss the playoffs every couple years and the Giants and Steelers are on the verge of missing the playoffs for the second year in a row.

If we had that here, you would break into BB''s office and hold a gun to his head asking to resign.

Yes, falling off. The flat cap off the lockout was not taken seriously by these supposed superior organizatons. Meanwhile, if Brady and Welker don't choke in SB 46, we're 1 ring into a possible new dynasty.

I don't know what to tell ya here, RKrap, but I was talking about the soup du jour teams you rant and rave about as being more successful or superior, really aren't.  

Talk to Brady about Sbs that were blown.  Has nothing to do with BB and his blueprint in the cap era. It should be a centerpiece at the HOF for crying out loud.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather ask BB why his defenses have been so poor for years now.  Considering he's supposed to be a defensive genius and all.  Never seen a D genius with such poor D.

I'd also ask him why he has no back up plan with drafting injury prone players and being forced to throw 4 rookies into the fire.

[/QUOTE]

That's a myth.    It was weak on 3rd down D and had some discombobulation and/or injuries on the 2011 D. Last year's D was very good especially after Talib was acquired.

A very good D within 2 years of a committed rebuild is genius.

Brilliance, actually. BB won coach of the year in 2010 and should have won Exec of the year for changing out Moss for Branch and Maroney for the promoted BJGE and signing Woodhead.

You can't lead the NFL in turnovers as a D and be considered "bad", especially since they are very good run D every week, never letting All Pro RBs dictate.

Meanwhile, BB catered to Brady in an offensive era and Brady let us down in his preferred shotgun spread and the skill sets BB got for Brady to run that.

Two SBs, two different teams and Brady failed.

[/QUOTE]

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

You spent a week mocking me for listening to 98.5 while out of town.

Why are you doing this now?

DOing what? I've said I listen to Gresh and Zo while in the home office many, many times.

Is that the best deflectionary attmept you have? lmao

[/QUOTE]

They why did you post "I just think it's funny you use a cell phone app to listen to sports radio in Florida like some dork"?

It is dorky to listen in my car but it's not dorky for you to listen at home?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Umm, did you say you listen to the time wasting socialite dorks Toucher and Rich or not?

Yes, to actually take the time to connect to their crappy show via your phone on the way to work struck me as comical. You would listen to their boring show where they spend more time talking about Hannah Montana than our own teams here.

Classic.

Nope.  You made no mention of which show.  You mocked me for listening to it while I was out of state.  You're well known for changing your story, but it doesn't work with me. 

As for taking the time to connect, I push one button and it's done.  It's probably faster than you connecting on your Windows XP desktop.

And what are you talking about "our own teams here"?  You don't live in Massachusetts or New England.  In fact, you haven't lived there for a long time.  Do you mean the Carolina Panthers?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

[QUOTE]

You would not take an 8-8 season and miss the playoffs if it meant being in a better position to get over the hump and actually win the Super Bowl the following season?!?!

I'm not trying to start s hit with you specifically, but I see a lot of people make this kind of argument that other teams traded a few crappy seasons for SB wins and that the Pats should have done this as well.  I hate this argument because it assumes the trade guarantees a SB win.  To me nothing is guaranteed in the NFL so it is a false choice to assume you get an SB victory out of it.  What happens when you fall short and then suck for a few seasons as a result?

[/QUOTE]

I am not saying that it does guarantees a Super Bowl.

My argument is to look at teams like the Giants who have only made the playoffs three times in six years (2007-2012), but won two Super Bowls.

The Ravens have made five times and made it to the same number of conference championships as the Patriots and won a Super Bowl.

The Steelers have made it four times went to two Super Bowls and won one

The Packers have made it four times two conference champions game and a Super Bowl victory.

In that span, the Patriots have three conference champions games, two Super Bowl appearances, and no championships. What I am saying is that it is reasonable to argue that those teams have been more successful than the Patriots in that span. 

The argument for the Patriots is all about regular season winning %. I maintain championships are a better measure. Otherwise, the Eagles were just as good at the Patriots from 2001-2004 as they both had 48 regular season wins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The idea was to mock you for choosing to do it for that pointless show. I thought it was funny. You listen to the worst shows on 98.5. THat one and Felger and Mazz and then ignore the best one, which is Gresh and Zo.

Unlike some people who can listen to the radio between 10-2pm, I have a real job, M-F, 9-5.

What kind of job allows you to listen to the radio between 10-2pm?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Exactly. FrnkBhm is kind of a troll.  He follows me around, thinks he can take me on, and then shows himself to be trolling. 

If we had won SB 42 or 46 with a better offense, his premise would hold no weight at all.

The concept is about the BB business model.  It's just that the QBs of Pitt, NYGs or Balt played better than ours did.

Truth hurts.

Fact 1: The Patriots lost SB 42 and 46. I agree that if they won, the argument would be totally different. I would never contend that if they had one either or both of those games they would unquestionable be the best team over that span and from 2001-2013 would be the most impressive run by coach ever. Too bad that is not what happened. 

Fact 2: BB was the head coach and GM. If the offense and/or QB were deficient some responsibility has to go on him. He has the power to change both of those things. 

I contend that if you are correct and Brady and the offense cost the team Super Bowl 42 then BB allowed the same things to cost them Super Bowl 46 and last years AFC Championship as well, that is some poor general managing and coaching.

BB went so far as to hire back the offensive coordinator of Super Bowl 42 and put him back in charge of the offense which is a continuing endorsement of that offense and that QB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The idea was to mock you for choosing to do it for that pointless show. I thought it was funny. You listen to the worst shows on 98.5. THat one and Felger and Mazz and then ignore the best one, which is Gresh and Zo.

Unlike some people who can listen to the radio between 10-2pm, I have a real job, M-F, 9-5.

What kind of job allows you to listen to the radio between 10-2pm?

[/QUOTE]

If I am in the office, which is usually Mondays and Fridays, I can do that.  If I am not and am out for a few hours in the moring or most of the day with appts, then I can't. Pretty simple.

I have a real job, too, I can just set my own hours based on what I do.  It's one of the benefits being in sales.

[/QUOTE]

frank dooley lives with his mother , thats how he gets to spend all day on bdc

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts