Grogan vs Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

Grogan vs Brady

How do you think the Pats would have done with Steven as there starter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Grogan vs Brady

It's not even a comparison. Grogan was a nice runner and had all the heart in the world, but he was no where near the passer that Brady is. Brady is as sophisticated a field general as there is or has ever been. There is a reason why we don't turn the ball over or get stupid penalties that kill drives, he just makes it look so seamless and easy that you forget how hard it is for most quarter backs. Grogan never had an accurate or strong enough arm to carry a team like this one, that needs a dominant QB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Grogan vs Brady:
    [QUOTE]It's not even a comparison. Grogan was a nice runner and had all the heart in the world, but he was no where near the passer that Brady is. Brady is as sophisticated a field general as there is or has ever been. There is a reason why we don't turn the ball over or get stupid penalties that kill drives, he just makes it look so seamless and easy that you forget how hard it is for most quarter backs. Grogan never had an accurate or strong enough arm to carry a team like this one, that needs a dominant QB.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Steve Grogan was an above average QB who captured our hearts because of his immense toughness, not his eminent skill. Brady, on the other hand, is a maestro conductor, about as skilled as any QB has ever been (and has a tough streak about him as well; fortunately, we don't see him take nearly as many hits as Grogan did).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Grogan is one of my all-time favorite Patriots,
    but no quarterback is better than Tom Brady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

This is like BJGE vs. Walter Payton. They play the same position, but that's about as far as it goes when comparing them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

why dont you start a brady vs Ryan Leaf thread too....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

[QUOTE]why dont you start a brady vs Ryan Leaf thread too....
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]Do you have a tv yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

my question was no less ridiculous then yours

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

why dont you and muzwell see if you can do 3 pushups between you and your 12 year old girlfriends.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Tom Brady is a quarterback.

Steve Grogan played football.

It's a fool's errand, comparing eras, but I'd go to battle with Grogan under center and take my chances.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Really?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

[QUOTE]Tom Brady is a quarterback. Steve Grogan played football. It's a fool's errand, comparing eras, but I'd go to battle with Grogan under center and take my chances.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]Well but I remember as a kid the pats had no chance in the 1987 super bowl unless steve started ,What you want Eason to panic in the pocket giving then no chance to win,which he did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grogan vs Brady : Well but I remember as a kid the pats had no chance in the 1987 super bowl unless steve started ,What you want Eason to panic in the pocket giving then no chance to win,which he did.
    Posted by helterskelter[/QUOTE]

1987 super bowl???????????  What are you talking about!? They did not play in the 1987 super bowl!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE] why dont you and muzwell see if you can do 3 pushups between you and your 12 year old girlfriends.
    Posted by helterskelter[/QUOTE]

you ask a ridiculous question and then resort to personal attacks . whos more likely to have the 12 year old gf? 
     you are comparing a slightly above average QB to a guy who would be in the hall of fame and go down as one of the best players ever if he quit tomorrow. thats like comparing a new honda to a new porsche sure a honda is a good car but its not a porsche.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grogan vs Brady : 1987 super bowl???????????  Did I miss something Patriots fans?
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

LOL, you think he met 1985?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grogan vs Brady : 1987 super bowl???????????  What are you talking about!? They did not play in the 1987 super bowl!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]okay I am high

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Grogan vs Brady : LOL, you think he met 1985?
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I hope so, but with his previous posts I would not put it by him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Tom Brady is a quarterback. Steve Grogan played football. It's a fool's errand, comparing eras, but I'd go to battle with Grogan under center and take my chances.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

If I want to win a street fight, I take #14 with me. If I want to win the Super Bowl, I take #12.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Brdy has played hurt and injured. Not taking anything away from Grogan, but Brady has played with bad ankles, ribs, hand, shin and shoulder at various points in his career...and played well. I remember after a Miami game he had a dislocated shoulder and talked to the media after like he was fine, a week after the season was over it was revealed he had a seperation. What a poker face; answered questions about his injury like he was fine (bumps and bruises that everyone in the locker room gets, no big deal). 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Let's just say that the interception to td ratio wouldn't compare very well. 

I used to swear at the tv a lot more when Grogan was qb but I always did like the guy. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I loved Grogan to Morgan....Morgan was so fast Grogan could just huck it down field & Morgan would just beat the ball down field & catch it, a true deep threat reciever....Roadrunner was a PERFECT nickname for him....
    & yes, Grogan was a tough SOB but no where's near the complete QB Brady is...
    Brady by the time he's done barring a career ending injury will probably be known as the BEST to ever play the position...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Every couple of old schooler's will pick Grogan just to prove they watched him but in all honesty if you do your kidding yourself. Brady when all is said and done may just be the G.O.A.T

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Grogan was a great leader, had a strong arm and was tough as nails. But, much as we loved him, he was not a great QB. His accuracy left a whole lot to be desired. He threw a lot of picks. Some of them were because he often fired is balls over the heads of intended receivers and into the hands of DBs.

It really is not a good question. Especially if you are talking about managing the current O. It requires efficiency and consistently correct reads. Not the strengths of Grogan. A better question might have been whether Jim Plunkett would flourish and make this team go in this O but he didn't have the efficiency of a Brady. Hard to see who did. Even Bart Starr and Joe Montana may not have been more efficient.

Sections
Shortcuts