Groiwing tired of Patriot Defense!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Groiwing tired of Patriot Defense!

In Response to Re: Groiwing tired of Patriot Defense!:
    In Response to Re: Groiwing tired of Patriot Defense! : Trent Edwards is an average QB at best and yes, I think the Pats made him look very good on Monday night.  I am as big a Pats fan as anyone but unlike yourself, I can think objectively when their play calls for it.  I pointed out three key decisive moments in recent Patriot games that if we had a true effective pass rush would have won us the game and more superbowls.  That's how close we are to having more rings!  The reality is, with the exception of Mayo, BB has been stubborn with his acquiring LB's.  We always hear, "this LB doesn't fit the 3/4 model so BB doesn't want him".  Roosevelt Colvin was in an attack style 4-3 in Chicago and he fit!  Bottom line is, we have no LB depth and god forbid Adalius, Woods, or Guyton goes down this week! 
    Posted by deluxbury

I can think objectively when it calls for it.....and right now it doesn't call for it.  The stats are not supporting your claim.....you need to drop it....

Lets see....we had 4 sacks.....we had 7 qb hits held them to 4 of 10 in 3rd down, kept their best 2 WR's to a total of 71 yards and 0 TD's we held their RB to 57 rushing yds, we gave up 17 points.

You want objective, here you go:

I am telling you that the defense was not the problem the last game.....Our problem was the offense.  Welker and Brady were off, Watson dropped a couple of balls, we did not run well at all (Maroney kept running into a wall)....the O did not start clicking until it HAD to.  Our O even gave them 7 points....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the defense didnt do anything until the second half,and now there is no mayo.lets see if they can build off of the second half of mondays game right away in the jets game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Our defense only gave up 7 pts.in the first half,and 10 in the second.Our offense however,missed a reasonable FG att. and gave up  7 on Schobel's INT.We had 77 offensive snaps in Monday night's game,we should have put a lot more points up.We didn't though and this is why. Brady has played about 8 minutes of regular season play since Feb.2007.He saw very limited time in pre-season.Of course he's going to need some time to get in rhythm with the offense at regular season game speed.The offense getting in sync is inevitable.How much rust did he shake off against the Bill's is the question,but by game 5,if not much sooner,we're going to be enjoying a dominating performance by our team weekly. BTW,we would have been ranked 4th in scoring defense last year if our avg. was 17 pts. a game.I can live with that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

the defense didnt do anything until the second half,and now there is no mayo.lets see if they can build off of the second half of mondays game right away in the jets game.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Mosseffect43 is right. Mayo being out might be a small blessing - it is going to make Guyton grow up, and as odd as it may sound, Mayo will learn a little bit sitting on the sidelines. If we have Mayo and a grown up Guyton in the second half of the season that would be good. I think the Pats will try to limp along like they did with Cassel last year. If it works like it did with Cassel, than they will keep limping because Mayo is coming back. Guyton is young, strong and very fast - he will last the season. And if we get to December, Seau is available. BB will try to hobble until December if in December he can have Mayo, Guyton and Seau. I do not think you will see any linebacker FA signings for a few weeks (maybe defensive line). That is my guess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Response to Re: Groiwing tired of Patriot Defense! : I can think objectively when it calls for it.....and right now it doesn't call for it.  The stats are not supporting your claim.....you need to drop it.... Lets see....we had 4 sacks.....we had 7 qb hits held them to 4 of 10 in 3rd down, kept their best 2 WR's to a total of 71 yards and 0 TD's we held their RB to 57 rushing yds, we gave up 17 points. You want objective, here you go: I am telling you that the defense was not the problem the last game.....Our problem was the offense.  Welker and Brady were off, Watson dropped a couple of balls, we did not run well at all (Maroney kept running into a wall)....the O did not start clicking until it HAD to.  Our O even gave them 7 points....  
    Posted by m1020us

I can't argue with your points on our offense not clicking against the Bills.  I'm not complaining about the Bills game specifically.  I'm complaining that since Romeo left, our defense has been soft.  I fully understand 3/4 technique and the bend/dont break concepts.  I also understand that if you don't have a true pass rush that can disrupt the QB, your'e toast! 

We'll see what BB has planned for Sanchez.  My fear is they're going to have success running the ball and throwing screens underneath to take exploit Guyton.  I also fear, they are going to attack Brady relentlessly and get some hits on him.  I hope to GOD i'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling this is how it's going to pan out.

Let's hope the offense is sharper than it was on Monday and they can cover the blitzes.  I see Kevin Faulk playing a ton this game because he's an exceptional blitz blocker.  One good toss to Moss over the top could tame their blitz. 

I would love to see BB come up with some crazy scheme that makes Rex look like an amature! 

Sections
Shortcuts