Gronk and back surgery?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Gronk and back surgery?

In response to bingobilly's comment:

It's getting time to unload this sucker...  I believe that the Patriots organization is as much to blame for his condition as he is to blame.  This once-prized possession of the Patriots has put his career on speed-dial out the door...

I'm glad you aren't GM.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I've never heard of "minor" back surgery.  

I always thought surgery was the last resort.

Not a doctor so don't jump my sh*t.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The best thing the Pats can do is to plan to not have Gronk for the early part of the season and call it good fortune if he can get into good enough shape for 1/2 or 3/4 of the season.  They need him for the playoffs, they can win in the regular season without him.  He is a difference maker if he can ever be fully healthy for the playoffs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

All of you are pushing the panic button

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MudCityManglers. Show MudCityManglers's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to MudCityManglers's comment:

I said this when they drafted GRONK! "He will be in a constant mess with his back, and possibly other related injuries. Yes he is outstanding when on the field, but as I said at his drafting by the Patriots, I will be amazed if he makes it past the 5 year mark in Pro Football.

You will be "amazed"?  Would you like to wager on this?

He's entering his 4th season.

Absolutely!!!! His body is alreayd a train wreck!!! And it will continue. When he gets back on the field, (opps, I mean if) the player haters of the Patriots will be extra sure to put a little extra effort into bringing Gronk down.

If you can't see the hand writing on the wall then all you need do is just sit and watch. Oh, and playing 5 years (the 4th and 5th) on injured reserve or not playing at all just proves the point. He was a wasted selection. Next in Line, Hernandez!  Following the path of glass bones Pat Chung!  Gronk is pretty much finished! Yell

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

All things considered I'll wait and see.  Get the forearm squared away and see what they find with respect to his back.  Gronk's a big guy and plays with an apparent total disregard for his own well-being.  I'm not surprised the guy gets hurt. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

reiss really broke it down for us fans:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4743540/sharing-thoughts-on-gronkowski?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

reiss really broke it down for us fans:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4743540/sharing-thoughts-on-gronkowski?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Seems to place matters in perspective. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The Micro Surgery they do on backs now is amazing. Anyway....perhaps the Pats should have Gronk fix the arm, fix the back, get therapy, and get 100% healthy by putting him on the PUP list. Of the first 6 games only the Atlanta game, in Atlanta, looks like a tough one (although one never knows) Get Gronk ready for week 7 the end of October. Perhaps...in the long run....this is best for all involved. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I wonder if he's getting just one more good time in before he has surgery because he expects to be layed up for some time.  Just a thought.

I love this kid.  I love his happy-go-lucky attitude and how he likes to have a good time but I agree with TFB, maybe it's time he shows the team who rewarded him with a good contract that he's serious about his future as a professional football player and a paid employee of the New England Patriots.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I think there are way too many people that feel controlling someone else's life and passing judgement on them is an acceptable use of time.

This is the slow season in the NFL. Next week it will be "Hernandez has a hangnail that may require career ending surgery!" or "There is nothing really wrong with Tom Brady but if you look in his eyes he might go blind!"or "If Gronk keeps living like this, he will die one day!"

BTW I've had bulging disks, in most cases surgury is not necessary. Ruptured disks, on the other hand, are a totally different thing all together.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

I think there are way too many people that feel controlling someone else's life and passing judgement on them is an acceptable use of time.

This is the slow season in the NFL. Next week it will be "Hernandez has a hangnail that may require career ending surgery!" or "There is nothing really wrong with Tom Brady but if you look in his eyes he might go blind!"or "If Gronk keeps living like this, he will die one day!"

BTW I've had bulging disks, in most cases surgury is not necessary. Ruptured disks, on the other hand, are a totally different thing all together.

Say....ummmmm....Broomhilda.....you get into the liquor cabinet a bit early today??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Latest Headlines   Report: Rob Gronkowski may need back surgery

USA Today reports Rob Gronkowski recently underwent an MRI to check a disc issue in his back and "could require surgery."

i may not be a pats fan but i am a big fan of the game and sports in general and i hate to see careers hampered or worse cut short by injuries...athletes work so hard to get to the pros and it's a lifelong dream and so few ever make it that it is a shame if that is all gone b/c of chronic injury or one really devastating one...this is a lot of surgery-minor major or otherwise-for a 24 year old to have already-i do wish him well as i would just about any other athlete going thru such a situation, especially so early in his career

i would also like to think pats fans-at least some-would feel this way if a giant or other player were so effected

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Is there surgery to fix the bone in his head?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Say....ummmmm....Broomhilda.....you get into the liquor cabinet a bit early today??

Written like a true Jets fan!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots making the playoffs or not missing by much every single year has its down side.  You get anti-Patriot wackos from Oshkosh who blow Gronk's surgery up to the sky. 

Gronk is injured.  OK, he's injured.  Arms tend not to stay injured in the NFL.  Yes, Gronk had a back problem in college and that's one reason why he dropped into the second round.  There's always a chance that back problems can get worse, but these days there's a chance that a bulging disk can be stabilized.  Joe Montana had terrible back problems, but he got therapy and then he tore up the league. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

"While there’s no reason to believe that Gronkowski’s penchant for partying caused or contributed to the infection that invaded his arm following his second surgery, he’s contributing to a perception that, if he would back off on the shirtless slam dancing and everything that goes along with it, he’d be healthy by now."

Listen up Gronk. You're failing in the gallup polls. Don't you know that perception means everything? You may have hall of fame talent but you're lacking in the most important area, public opinion.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts