Gronk and Pats disagree over return

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Gronk and Pats disagree over return

If true, it's bothersome that Gronk and the Pats don't agree on his return to the field. 

It shows some desperation on the part of Pats management to force this guy out early. We all saw what happened when he came out early. 

I'm fine with waiting until he is 100 percent, clearly playing hurt is not a good idea for him. 

We're getting to the point where Gronk as a draft pick is looking pretty suspect. But - let's see, if/when he gets on the field he can close the year out on the field we'll be in good shape.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

If true, it's bothersome that Gronk and the Pats don't agree on his return to the field. 

It shows some desperation on the part of Pats management to force this guy out early. We all saw what happened when he came out early. 

I'm fine with waiting until he is 100 percent, clearly playing hurt is not a good idea for him. 

We're getting to the point where Gronk as a draft pick is looking pretty suspect. But - let's see, if/when he gets on the field he can close the year out on the field we'll be in good shape.

Are you serious man?  Name one player taken in the 2nd round that has been better value than Gronk.  Sure, his injury issues have sucked and have been terrible timing.  However, I for one, will gladly take the record-breaking tight end with his injury baggage over any other player taken after him.

He will be back in due time.  I'd much rather him sit out the beginning of the season and be healthy going into the playoffs.  Unfortunately, we have yet to see him in a full playoff season at full health.  Here's to hoping his injury woes will be behind him when he comes back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Oh wait...never mind.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/28/gronk-pats-on-same-page/

Also, they couldn't PUP him because if they did he couldn't have been practicing with the team for two more weeks.

Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt the drama with facts, carry on....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

There are conflicting reports about whether there's agreement or disagreement between Gronk and the Pats about his readiness.  Regardless, I think there are big question marks about Gronk's ability to hold up to the beating he takes this season and beyond.  I'm not a doctor, but I simply don't have confidence that a twice-broken and infected arm that is taking so long to fully heal will not become a problem again--I could be completely wrong given my utter lack of medical training, but I can't help suspecting that there is weakened tissue there that won't ever be 100%.  And the back problems go back to college.  I'm hoping for the best, but I won't be surprised if Gronk is on IR before this year is out and ends up with a very short career in the NFL. 

In fact, I think TE will be one of the priorities for next year's draft.  

I never used to buy the idea that players were just "injury prone" (I always though it was simply random bad luck).  But looking at Gronk, Amendola, Ras-I--all guys who had reputations for being injury prone--and their experience with injuries once they were playing on the Pats has made me think differently.  There are guys whose bodies seem unable to take the beating they must take in the NFL.  And, increasingly, I think it's risky (and maybe even foolhardy) to invest too much in these guys.  

Sections
Shortcuts