Gronk Failed...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Gronk Failed...

In Response to Re: Gronk Failed...:
    Typical Boston fan.  Gotta find blame!  You give the rest of us a bad name.
    Posted by SShoreLurker

You pretending to be one of us gives the rest of us a bad name.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Gronk Failed... : You pretending to be one of us gives the rest of us a bad name.
    Posted by p-mike

A++

It's so transparent. 

Gronk isn't 100% goat.

But two huge miscues, and a handful of minor miscues hurt the team more than any other player. So please don't give me the "everyone played bad line."

Brady was off a little. But also made some tough passes and hung in there through drops and an anemic running game. Woodhead was great. Hernandez was great.

Point blank. Gronk doesn't make those mistakes it is a 14 point swing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

He had a bad game. What more do you want, for him to committ suicide?  Just keep throwing it to him and he will get better.   He's only a rookie.

Even veterans make dumb mistakes at crucial points.  Look at the fumble last week by Heath Miller against the Saints.  These things happen sometimes!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Just one other thing. I could probably agree with some of the arguments presented, but this game wasn't close at all.

If the Pats lost by 2 plays, I'd be willing to place more blame on Gronk. But they got dominated in every facet of the game for 60 mins. If the Pats lost by a TD....sure, you can make a logical argument that Gronk "lost" the game. But the Pats were never in this game except just before kickoff. The whole team didn't show up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: Gronk Failed... : A++ It's so transparent.  Gronk isn't 100% goat. But two huge miscues, and a handful of minor miscues hurt the team more than any other player. So please don't give me the "everyone played bad line." Brady was off a little. But also made some tough passes and hung in there through drops and an anemic running game. Woodhead was great. Hernandez was great. Point blank. Gronk doesn't make those mistakes it is a 14 point swing. 
    Posted by zbellino

Zbellino,

Normally I agree with most things you say, but c'mon bro....Was this really a 14 pt game? They got dominated in every phase of the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Just one other thing. I could probably agree with some of the arguments presented, but this game wasn't close at all. If the Pats lost by 2 plays, I'd be willing to place more blame on Gronk. But they got dominated in every facet of the game for 60 mins. If the Pats lost by a TD....sure, you can make a logical argument that Gronk "lost" the game. But the Pats were never in this game except just before kickoff. The whole team didn't show up.
    Posted by 4Adam13

=====================================================
      Excellent post. For this team to not show up against Mangini is an even bigger embarassment.It`s going to be a long week for the guys  on the practice field.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Gronk Failed... : Zbellino, Normally I agree with most things you say, but c'mon bro....Was this really a 14 pt game? They got dominated in every phase of the game.
    Posted by 4Adam13

They have been giving up yards.

They haven't been giving up turnovers. 

One of those changed this week. 

No stupid turnovers, then there is at least a 14 pt swing. Gronk was on the goal line dude. That ST fumble was on the ten. 

NE isn't good enough to win through turnovers. But if they don't make huge mistakes they can beat anyone.

It is pretty clear to me. I hope it is clear to the team now. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

A few things to consider before grabbing your pitchforks and torches and heading to the old Gronkowski Manor:

-None of us are on the field, that being said...

-On the botched kickoff, Gronk called for it, then as the ball was coming down, he quickly jumped out the way and looked right at Morris, to me, it looked like he was called off. In fact, it looked obvious to me, he looked like a bailing SS with a LF bearing down on him. Also, he ducks out of the way, looked at Morris, then never looked back and went to block. If he didn't get called off, he decided to call for a fair catch, bail at the last second, then not even bother to look and see what happened. That seems like a bit of a stretch, but none of us were on the field. It is, however, worth considering.

-"Drop" 1 was a bullet at his feet. The guy is 6'7, Brady could deliver the ball between 2 and 10 feet of the ground, but threw a grass cutter closer to six inches from the turf.

-"Drop" 2 was behind him, allowing the defender to get there at the same time (because he had to slow) and get a hand in to break it up.

-"Drop" 3 was equally on Brady and Gronk. They weren't on the same page, you can't blame one without the other.

-The fumble was unfortunate and a major gut punch. He broke a tackle, and was grinding for the goalling and CLE did to him what NE did to Hillis earlier, it happens.

How about allowing 7 out of 13, or only converting 3 out of 11 of your own 3rds as a reason for the loss.

How about 180 yards to a RB.

How about a rookie looking like a perennial pro bowler at QB, where, historically, BB has always made 1st year QBs look awful.

Gronkowski had the single worst game out of anyone, but relax. He's a rookie, rookies are prone to mistakes.

And Brady was a lot more than a little off. He had a very bad game. Overthrows, underthrows, throws to nobody in particular...this was the worst game Brady has had all year.

Even still, 6-2 is looking just fine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Clearly, he is a bust. NE should cut him now.

Of course I am relaxed. He is in his 8th game ever. 

But blame should go where it belongs. If Gronk doesn't take the field, NE is in this game tied or ahead at the end. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: Gronk Failed... : They have been giving up yards. They haven't been giving up turnovers.  One of those changed this week.  No stupid turnovers, then there is at least a 14 pt swing. Gronk was on the goal line dude. That ST fumble was on the ten.  NE isn't good enough to win through turnovers. But if they don't make huge mistakes they can beat anyone. It is pretty clear to me. I hope it is clear to the team now. 
    Posted by zbellino

That I completely agree with. I'm not defending Gronk's mistakes. He played like a turd. His mistakes were crucial.

But it is still a team game. If the D kept them in the game, I'd be inclined to jump on your wagon.  But our defense was horrendous. Worst this year. Even if they played mistake free today, the Brown still dominated us. We barely....barely, got 14 pts.

I love Brady. I'd take a bullet for the man. But this was one of his worse games. He normally has pinpoint precision, but at least 10 of his throws weren't even close today. That is unBrady like. Remember, this is the guy that completed what, 26 straight passes against Jax in the playoffs. The problem normally isn't him throwing catchable balls, it is normally receivers dropping them. But today was a combination of the two.

With that said.....we are 6-2. We control our destiny at this point. We got to be happy about that. But we certainly need to regroup, refocus, and go back to work because outside of the bills, we really don't have any fluff teams on the schedule.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Yeah he made some key mistakes but it seems to me that every phase of the game was played very poorly by the PATS.  He gets blamed for what he's responsible for.  He was not responsible for the dropped passes of others.  he was not responsible for, (once again), lousy long snaps, he was not responsible for poorly thrown passes.  He was not responsible for the pressure on Brady.  he was not totally responsible for the poor running game.  He was not responsible for the failure of the defense to get off the field on third down. He was not responsible for Ghost's leg issue. He was not responsible for the failure to stop yet another guy named Peyton.  And so it goes.  Looking forward to the next game, since dissecting this one has been painful enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

He had plenty of company.  Just a bad game and everybody in NFL has them, many more than us.  Keep the faith and let's keep on truckin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I agree with the OP, but Gronk needs to put this game behind him because this offense is lacking a consistent run effort and Gronk is the perfect PA TE who can block and run some routes. We need him.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Growing pains, kid will learn from it...he will be a pro-bowler some day...nice to see BB pass to him right after the few of his hick-ups...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

All rookies will cost you one game so thats that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

All rookies will cost you one game so thats that.
    Posted by whitetrashgang

So I guess we can look forward to losses generated by Deaderick, Mesko, Spikes, Cunningham, McCourty and Hernandez?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Gronk is a beast. I got no problem with that fumble, he was dragging 3 guys into the endzone at the time. The defense just made a good play. I hope the next time Gronk gets in that situation he stays aggressive and tries to score the touchdown instead of going down to protect the ball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Gronkowskis 2 plays left the score at 17-7 Browns at the half when it could have easliy been 14-10 Pats But - the simple truth is that the Browns O-line dominated the Pats D-Line in the 2nd half and even if Gronkowski had not booted it twice the Pats still get spanked in the 2nd half Bottom line - Browns kicked the Pats butt - but its just one game - Pats run D had been pretty good against the Vikes, Chargers, Ravens - not sure what happened today - but it can be fixed
    Posted by qball369

You claim we Gronk critics don't know the game of football.  However, Gronk not only made about a dozen crucial mistakes, but those mistakes kept the D on the field forever. The D played pretty darn well until they were gassed. YOu need to appreciate this fact. Yes, the truth is that Gronk single-handedly lost that game for the Pats. But his college gambling debt is now cleared, so he should be OK for the rest of the season ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Gronk Failed... : A++ It's so transparent.  Gronk isn't 100% goat. But two huge miscues, and a handful of minor miscues hurt the team more than any other player. So please don't give me the "everyone played bad line." Brady was off a little. But also made some tough passes and hung in there through drops and an anemic running game. Woodhead was great. Hernandez was great. Point blank. Gronk doesn't make those mistakes it is a 14 point swing. 
    Posted by zbellino

BTW, have not seen anyone recall that it was Gronk that tipped the end zone pass that Hernandez miraculously caught.  That was another potentially huge, bad Gronk play that could have ended as an INT.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In Response to Gronk Failed...:
    Worst game as a pro. 4 drops. One fumble. Suspect blocking.  Whatever he was on this week, I hope he stops taking it. 
    Posted by zbellino

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

He cost us the game despite the bad tackling, horrible defensive performance, his fumble just before the half was a game changer. Had he held on and we scored, who knows what might have happened. In addition, the kickoff muff and other dropped passes and horrendous blocking was a singlehanded game loser.Wake up Gronk!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

In Response to Re: Gronk Failed... : Gronk failed?  Yes, he is a rookie. Brady?  Is not a rookie, and consistently threw the ball at peoples feet or 5 feet over their heads.  I want a refund.
    Posted by knightsailor

Honestly Knight - in - Gail,

What the hell is your problem, Troll. We all want or refunds back from Boston.com for ever letting you have an account. Your Negativity is starting to pis* a lot of people off so take your "I hate Tom Brady, he's the worse QB ever, and the Patriots are going nowhere Sh&t, put it on your bandwagon and get the hell out of here!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Gronk Failed... : Gronk failed?  Yes, he is a rookie. Brady?  Is not a rookie, and consistently threw the ball at peoples feet or 5 feet over their heads.  I want a refund.
    Posted by knightsailor

Bookies don't generally give refunds. Neither do bartenders. You are SOL on both counts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: Gronk Failed... : You claim we Gronk critics don't know the game of football.  However, Gronk not only made about a dozen crucial mistakes, but those mistakes kept the D on the field forever. The D played pretty darn well until they were gassed. YOu need to appreciate this fact. Yes, the truth is that Gronk single-handedly lost that game for the Pats. But his college gambling debt is now cleared, so he should be OK for the rest of the season ;)
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Sorry bro, but the defense got pushed around all day, being gassed had nothing to do with it. If being gassed was the cause, they are surely way way way out of shape because they gave up almost 100 rushing in the first half alone. If they are going to get gassed, that shouldn't be happening until the 4th Q. Otherwise they have to pick it up on the conditioning.

Furthermore, you can blame the TD's on Gronk's mistakes, but I didn't see the defense showing up and keeping them out of the endzone. Yeah, Gronk made mistakes, but the defense didn't do any favors by holding them to field goals.

Could you explain the dozen mistakes? I know of the muffed return, which Sammy Morris may or may not have influenced that (we will never know), the fumble, and I saw three missed blocks. I also have to respectfully (cause I really do enjoy some of your analysis each week including draft info) disagree on the tipped ball. That play took some time to develop and Gronk didn't know Hernandez was running behind him. If Gronk doesn't try to make that play, he would have been touted as "not trying". Instead, he happened to tip the ball, which simply happens. I don't think you can blame him for that one.

All in all, Gronk played sh!tty. He was the strongest contributor to the loss. But the entire team suck#d @ass.

Sections
Shortcuts