Gronk Fined $7500 For Spike

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Gronk Fined $7500 For Spike

Fined for spiking the ball that he was already penalized for.

How ridiculous is this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Gronk Fined $7500 For Spike

Thats BS!! It shouldn't have even been a penalty. The dumb jets player was just standing there in the way like a dummy wasting oxygen and they said Gronk was taunting I believe? BS!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

right = He clearly didn't do it at the Jet

never s/b a penalty

stupid fine

the NFL soes mostly right but sometimes  they snmole dope

they s
    Still cannot define a "recpetion
    Still cannoty define PI
    and now dosn't know what a legal hit is

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

APPEAL IT!!! TOTAL CROCK!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Has Rex even got fined yet for the words he had with the fan? The league said they were investigating it. WHAT? What is there to investigate? Its on youtube loud and clear. Damn Goodell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I can see getting fined for hits that may have potential to seriously hurt a player but how does spiking the ball warrant a fine?  Are they trying to protect the other teams feelings now?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Gronk Fined $7500 For Spike:
    Fined for spiking the ball that he was already penalized for. How ridiculous is this?
    Posted by Salcon

Totally bogus.  Why are they fining for every little penalty? 
    They say these fines go to a charity.  I sure would like to see the financial statements on those because I think more likely they are going into Godhells pocket.
    Then you have Moore not fined for his hit on Plax/MC which means it shouldn't have even been a penalty. 
    Again, you have WW launched at, with helmet to helmet, and having his head ripped off and nothing.
    Player safety my a......
    They really need to start fining the refs/officials when they FUP, only fair.
    Especially when they help to determine the outcome of a game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

How shocking that Goodell is being a complete moron!! Please!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Are you fffff.uuu.ccc.kkking kidding me...?  For a spike of the football......?

while Welker gets his head twisted off with no fine.

My only plausible explanation is that gronk is now a target of the league because of his loose associations with naked chicks...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Lame fine!  When is this league going to start making the players sell girl scout cookies?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Beyond absurd.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Gronk Fined $7500 For Spike:
    Fined for spiking the ball that he was already penalized for. How ridiculous is this?
    Posted by Salcon

It's a fact that very few folks WITHIN the NFL can figure out its actions, especially when it coms to fines, suspensions, and such. So, while knowing this, why would a player, ANY player, want to risk being on the receiving end of a Goddell fine? You gotta be BETTER than that and Goddell.

As for defenders of spiking and other in-game shenanagins, I fail to see the logic of your "taking the fun out of the game". You scored the TD, give the ball to the ref and get ready for the next series. Unless, of course, you want to draw attention to yourself. Seriously!

BTW, anyone applauding Gronk for his endzone antics (excessive celebration) that cost the Pats 15 yards on the kickoff vs the JESTS! ??

As best said, "Act like you've been there before!" I have no problem with this fine. BB needs to clamp down on this unnecessary behavior. An act of raw emotion? I'll bet that sitting himout a series or two will cure that.

As a fan, I want to see the TD being scored. I don't care about the spike, chest thumping, high stepping antics that follow good plays. Having teammates surround you in teh end zone to show their overall approval in the TD is great. But quickly take it off the field and get ready for the next series. Think defenders don't see this and take note of it? Will it still be worth it and exciting to see if the player's season ends via a play later in the game?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Unnecessary behavior? You'd better sit Brady too, then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Ridiculous

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Are they going to start fining players for false starts? Holding? Where's the line?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The more that Goodell does stupid **** like this, the more he exposes his own personal vendetta against certain teams.  NE is one of them.  Sports reporters have an obligation to call out the rulemakers as much as they call out the rulebreakers.  Welker's head twist should've been a penalty and a fine.  Goodell had to have seen the film of that play, and decided to do nothing.

Doesn't NFL stand for "Not For Long"?  Does that not apply to the commissioner, too?

Sections
Shortcuts