Gronk had surgery last week on an infection in his elbow (the injured one).

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Gronk had surgery last week on an infection in his elbow (the injured one).

will there be an end to his physicla issues. hopefully a heathy year next year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Gronk had surgery last week on an infection in his elbow (the injured one).

maybe he should stop wrestling

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Bending it too often at the bar?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

alcohol poisoning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

alcohol poisoning.

a nutrition freak hes not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i fear he is going to waste away his career due to his poor choices....ala jeremy shockey. i guess you cant hate on gronk for wanting to party, but he still has to make better choices.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

He has much to prove regarding his ability to stay healthy and on the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

He just had his 3rd injury on that arm and something tells me that him being out and very active may have cuased those complications. The man has a right to do what he wants but the pats just gave him a lot of money and expected him to be a leader and they havent got that so far. Hernandez who is the younger of the 2 is actually showing more maturity and the fact he has a wife and kid has a lot to do with it. Gronk doesnt look like he wants to settle down anytime soon and thats fine but that means more of him in the club. If he was here when Pete Carrol was coaching he would have killed himself by now..lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

He just had his 3rd injury on that arm and something tells me that him being out and very active may have cuased those complications. The man has a right to do what he wants but the pats just gave him a lot of money and expected him to be a leader and they havent got that so far. Hernandez who is the younger of the 2 is actually showing more maturity and the fact he has a wife and kid has a lot to do with it. Gronk doesnt look like he wants to settle down anytime soon and thats fine but that means more of him in the club. If he was here when Pete Carrol was coaching he would have killed himself by now..lol

I believe it was 2nd injury incurred to that arm thus requiring surgery.  And infection setting in after surgery is not uncommon.  You may recall when Brady went down and had surgery, he too had post surgery complications due to infection, and the doctors went back in to correct the situation.  

As for comparing Hernandez with Gronk, it's 'apples and oranges'.  If you want to start comparing one player's life style with another, let's put all the married guys on one side of the room and the single guys on the other.  And then split the married guys with kids from those without kids.  In the meantime split the single guys into two groups, those with steady girl friends or 'partners' and those who are still 'playing the field'.  Then split each of these four groups into those making $1M or more and those making less.   And then split these groups into etc., etc., etc.

At the conclusion of which let's probe their lifestyle and then pass judgement.

Oops, wait a minute, I've got a better idea, how about we just judge them on how well they play on the field on Sunday.  

It may be a novel approach, but I believe worthy of some consideration.  :) :) :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

I believe it was 2nd injury incurred to that arm thus requiring surgery.  And infection setting in after surgery is not uncommon.  You may recall when Brady went down and had surgery, he too had post surgery complications due to infection, and the doctors went back in to correct the situation.  

As for comparing Hernandez with Gronk, it's 'apples and oranges'.  If you want to start comparing one player's life style with another, let's put all the married guys on one side of the room and the single guys on the other.  And then split the married guys with kids from those without kids.  In the meantime split the single guys into two groups, those with steady girl friends or 'partners' and those who are still 'playing the field'.  Then split each of these four groups into those making $1M or more and those making less.   And then split these groups into etc., etc., etc.

Oops, wait a minute, I've got a better idea, how about we just judge them on how well they play on the field on Sunday.  

It may be a novel approach, but I believe worthy of some consideration.  :) :) :)

This in spades.  I totally agree.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

This is all nice  but I never judged anyone. I just made an observation. Its nice that you took that as a chance to prop yourself up as a better person than me. At the end of the day, I dont care what people do outside of football because i dont sign their paychecks but i bet kraft does...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

So, what to do when their choices off the field may be keeping them from actually being on the field on Sunday?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

So, what to do when their choices off the field may be keeping them from actually being on the field on Sunday?

Do we have any indication that Gronk's off-field activities have actually kept him off the field?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Do we have any indication that Gronk's off-field activities have actually kept him off the field?  

Not a single one. But life wouldn't be normal here in New England if half the fans didn't scream that the sky is falling. I'm still amazed at all the critics out there bi-t-ching & moaning about Gronk being a problem child, when he has done absolutely NOTHING wrong!! Oh well...if the moaning makes people feel better...they can have at it!! LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

Contamination of a surgical site is not uncommon and a frequent invader is staph.  His off field hell-raising, while immature and ill advised considering his recent surgeries, most likely had nothing to do with the infection.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I don't think he's out of hand at all. He's a normal 23 year old. He hasn't had any problems with the law or drugs and seems to work hard once it's time for football. He says his number one focus is football and will eventually grow out of the party life.  The infection he had is very common after surgery, as someone here mentioned, Brady had one after his knee surgery.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

meanwhile gronks public profile continues to go private as of late (3rd event hes begged off of a uconn event with him speaking).

someone's finally spoken to and reached him it appears.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

Not a single one. But life wouldn't be normal here in New England if half the fans didn't scream that the sky is falling. I'm still amazed at all the critics out there bi-t-ching & moaning about Gronk being a problem child, when he has done absolutely NOTHING wrong!! Oh well...if the moaning makes people feel better...they can have at it!! LOL

My comment wasn't actually directed at Gronk.  It was more a general question posed against the broader statement that a player should only be judged by his performance on the field on Sunday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Good thing it's not his brain.....They would have a hard time finding it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE)

Dustcover response to TripleOG's comment:

TripleOG response to dustcover's comment:

This is all nice  but I never judged anyone. I just made an observation. Its nice that you took that as a chance to prop yourself up as a better person than me. At the end of the day, I dont care what people do outside of football because i dont sign their paychecks but i bet kraft does...

[/QUOTE]

but I never judged anyone

"something tells me that him being out and very active may have cuased those complications."

"the pats just gave him a lot of money and expected him to be a leader and they havent got that so far."

"Hernandez who is the younger of the 2 is actually showing more maturity"

"Gronk doesnt look like he wants to settle down anytime soon"

I'm not propping myself up, no need to, neither am I being judgemental of you, no need to.  Like you I'm just making an observation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE)

TripleOG response to dustcover's comment:

but I never judged anyone

"something tells me that him being out and very active may have cuased those complications."

"the pats just gave him a lot of money and expected him to be a leader and they havent got that so far."

"Hernandez who is the younger of the 2 is actually showing more maturity"

"Gronk doesnt look like he wants to settle down anytime soon"

I'm not propping myself up, no need to, neither am I being judgemental of you, no need to.  Like you I'm just making an observation.

[/QUOTE]

Those are all observations to me. I dont believe I judged by saying what he is doing is wrong. I wasnt meaning to slight Gronk in any way, I was just observing that most people when they settle down, have more time to focus on their job, thats all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

I heard Gronk was in rehab and the whole infection thing was a white wash.

It's what I heard

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Here's my take...

He had an infection in the area where they've been before. I'm beginning to wonder if instead of opening him up and screwing a plate in then putting him back on the field they should have faced that he was lost for the season and stayed away from surgery and hardware.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

i remember ken stabler saying one saturday nite in the mid 70's he was with two women and about a a grand worth of coke till about 4 am...next day went out and threw 3 tds

Sections
Shortcuts