Gronk Has Ligament Damage

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage

He'll play, he'll play until he the leg falls off. The guy's a thug. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Can we call this "the weekend warrior - former athlete" diagnostic forum comprised of men who sometimes enjoy being heard more than they listen? ( I include myself in that group by the way...)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Count me among those who have rolled an ankle.  Mine was basketball coming down on another guy's foot.  Not all ankle sprains are created equal and Gronk's looked bad.  That said, he is young, tough, durable and he'll get all manner and means of treatment.  My guess is that the 2 week layoff coupled with an artful taping job and some chemical enhancements will have him ready to play.  Perhaps not 100%, but I'm guessing he'll play and play effectively. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage :      Here's a video from a doctor on the condition of Gronk's ankle. He compares the injury to the one that Ben Roethlisburger suffered several weeks ago. If so, that's really bad, as Big Ben's mobility was clearly effected by the injury, more than two weeks after he had suffered it.       But, then he says that Gronk will be slightly limited, and that the ankle shouldn't be much of a problem for him im the SB. Really doesn't make sense. Is is Roethlisburger type limiting, or not too big a deal?       You be the judge: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4715925/video-dr-kaplan-on-gronks-ankle  
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Yeah but Big Ben injured his ankle the week before they played the Browns in the last game of the season and for whatever silly reason Rothlisberger played in that game and tweaked the injury again, thus his probelms in the playoff game against the Broncos..  Gronk will get two weeks rest.  We will see what we will see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

He will be 100% if he plays.
    I agree with King all the crap on the media for the next 11 days is all BS.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Kind of reminds me when Dwight Freeney hurt his ankle before playing the Saints a few years ago.  Dwight was good for a few series before the ankle stopped working.  Who knows, every injury and player heals at a different pace.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To surmise what we've learned here:

IF you sprain your ankle, you've done "ligament damage" to it.  Boston Sport's Reporter Ian Rapoport, has broke the sensational news that Rob Gronkowski thus, has: "Ligament Damage."  Rapoport has also given us the inside scoop, that Gronk's ankle twist (i.e. "ligament damage") won't heal completely and fully in just under 2 weeks time, and therefore: "Rob Gronkowski will not be 100% for The Superbowl."  To further bolster the validity of his headline grabber, Rapoport references Nobody whatsoever.  And to further prove just how awful Gronkowski's "ligament damage" actually is, ESPN.com offers the medical advice of a Doctor which they have on staff as a medical consultant.  Finally, The Medical Doctor for ESPN, has concluded that Rob Gronkowski's ankle injury is similiar and on par with Ben Roethlisberger's ankle injury.  And lastly, This Doctor is basing the proof and facts of his findings on the fact that, since He is, A Doctor after all, this should trump any evidence of said doctor having any actual knowledge about Rob Gronkowski's injury firsthand.      

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

What is news here... Any jack a$s like Ian rapawhore could see he sprained his ankle badly. It obviously hurt... Ankles are bones and ligaments . If he broke a bone, that would be news. This report is garbage.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This is what you do with ligament damage?  I think he will be just fine come SB time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Lived on North Shore. Employed as a marketing consultant. Posts on other Patriot fan boards as well as Red Sox and Celtics fan boards. Played and coached baseball and basketball. Cries like a baby. Neighbors can't stand him. Has a lot of free time between clients.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]Lived on North Shore. Employed as a marketing consultant. Posts on other Patriot fan boards as well as Red Sox and Celtics fan boards. Played and coached baseball and basketball. Cries like a baby. Neighbors can't stand him. Has a lot of free time between clients.
    Posted by OlderbutWiser[/QUOTE]

who you talking about.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]"star TE Rob Gronkowski suffered ligament damage to his ankle" - perhaps that is code for "not serious but why should we leth the giants know".  we all know the Giants will read the Herald and Globe for the inside scoop on injuries and not the official injury report.  The NFL can't fine "anonymous sources".  Gronkowski goes out the first few downs and feigns his limitations, Giants downgrade the coverage and move resources elsewhere and BAM! Brady to Gronkwski - 70 yards TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

Exactly!! Have to look on the bright side. One, it's not broken (and sure looked on the replay that it could have been) and two, now the Giants aren't sure what to do. Maybe they get too lax with him and he gets more opportunities down field. And he is still 6'-7", so the quick 8 yarder down the field and turn around is still virtually unstoppable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage : who you talking about.
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

'666...... I suspect, Gamer

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I twisted an ankle playing soccer years ago and I mean years ago.  It actually cracked and people though i broke my leg.  I limped around for a few weeks but it eventually was okay.  Still bothers me today if i run a lot.  But wrapping it does the trick.  Gronk will play and you won't notice the strained ligaments.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I think the big difference between Gronk and Big Ben is the 2 weeks in between. Big Ben tried to play on it the next week and most likely re-injured it. I don't see any way that Gronk will be 100% for the SB. Everytime I see the replay I wonder how is leg did not break. My biggest concern will be Gronk re-injuring the ankle during the SB game.
    Posted by paesan59[/QUOTE]i agree with u. what makes rob the gronk is the fearlesness and the complete reckless ness which he plays. running over everyone without a care. now there will be hesitation. he will be blocking a lot. if vollmer is healthy, it will waste how we use solder. still as a decoy. would work. perhaps we would wait til 4th qtr to max him out. i look for branch to have a monster game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

In response to "Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage : who you talking about. Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE] Not myself but someone on this board. It really wasn't difficult to track him down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage : When was this?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Sunday night!

Heres some more...

Sections
Shortcuts