Gronk Has Ligament Damage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage

In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage : Sunday night! Heres some more...
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

it would most likely take ALOT for him not to play anyway....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Unless they cut off his leg I'm not too worried about Gronk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Was this in Boston?  Yeah, I can't imagine he's not playing after seeing these.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]
    The Cure Lounge is in Boston.  Doesn't look like he is too worried about his ankle.  But then again, It's Gronk.  I'm sure he would have been there that night with a broken leg.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

We all know he will be playing.  It is a legit question to ask how it well effect him.  Also, you have to suspect the Giants are going to "target" that ankle every chance they get.

Hopefully the Pats will be up so big he can sit the whole 4th quarter. Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Also, you have to suspect the Giants are going to "target" that ankle every chance they get.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]
    Oh, I'm sure they will be especially after hearing Giant players targeting Kyle Williams head because he had 4 concussions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

A high ankle sprain stopping the Gronk? Pur-lease.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Well just my 2 cents. He is a Beast.

I rolled my ankle over pretty bad a month ago playing basketball. I dont know if its just because I hadnt sprained in a while or what, but it felt like it was broke at first, and I got that same xtremely painful funny bone feeling I had when I tore my patella tendon.

I thought I was done for a while.( years back I had an ugly sprain that required me to walk with a cane and didnt fully heal for a year.)

The difference with the 1st one, is I was running full speen and tried to plant and it rolled over...Ouch!

This most recent time, I just landed on someones foot coming down after a rebound. 

After I landed on someones foot, I got up walked it off and continued to play after a few minutes although it was a little painful.

I got home, my ankle was 3 times as big as it should have been.

I iced it for a couple days and after a week and half I was surprised that I was walking much better and actually played agian in 2 weeks, but did feel the pain, but it was nothing I would say would keep someone from the SB.

Lets hope the boot helps it heal quick and he just has to play thru the pain.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]Well just my 2 cents. He is a Beast. I rolled my ankle over pretty bad a month ago playing basketball. I dont know if its just because I hadnt sprained in a while or what, but it felt like it was broke at first, and I got that same xtremely painful funny bone feeling I had when I tore my patella tendon. I thought I was done for a while.( years back I had an ugly sprain that required me to walk with a cane and didnt fully heal for a year. The difference with the 1st one, is I was running full speen and tried to plant and it rolled over...Ouch! This most recent time, I just landed on someones foot coming down after a rebound.  After I landed on someones foot, I got up walked it off and continued to play after a few minutes although it a little painful. I got home, my ankle was 3 times as big as it should have been. I iced it for a couple days and after a week and half I was surprised that I was walking much better and actually played agian in 2 weeks, but did feel the pain, but it was nothing I would say would keep someone from the SB. Lets hope the boot helps it heal quick and he just has to play thru the pain.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Plus the Gronk is going to be getting the best treatment possible each and everyday not just putting ice on it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]We all know he will be playing.  It is a legit question to ask how it well effect him.  Also, you have to suspect the Giants are going to "target" that ankle every chance they get. Hopefully the Pats will be up so big he can sit the whole 4th quarter.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

I hope that he can still be effective.  I am still upset about Pollard and the injuries that we have had because of him, (Brady. Welker and now Gronk).  I also heard this loudmouth saying on ESPN that he hopes that the Giants put a thrashing on the Patriots.  I wish sometime in the future a Patriot would injure this jerk so that the Patriots will finally get some revenge.   I am one that would never wish injury on anyone, but I make an exception in this case. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Did anybody notice Gronks elbow after his 3rd td catch against Denver? It was swollen up like a soft ball and then he wore that huge elbow brace against the Ravens. Gronk scoffs at ligament damage. It is merely a flesh wound.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Hey Susan, how are you?

Have been over on the C's board??

I havent been able to go there in a while...just wasnt feeling it. We looked ugly coming out the gate but it looks like things are turning our way as guys get back into shape.

Doc said guys werent ready,but I like what I saw vs MAgic with guys out and things are looking up with Key and Wilcox coming back.

Got some nice depth when we get healthy and atleast we showed we can still hang.

I'll have to stop by there....just waiting for NFL season to end.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

It is a non issue. He will play or not play. And he will PLAY.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

I'm getting a laugh or two from posters who have no real knowledge of ankle sprains and ligament damage. Gronk suffered an eversion sprain, the opposite of the usual inversion sprain when the ankle is rolled. An eversion sprain involves the medial , or inside, part of the ankle. The deltoid ligament connects the end of the tibia, the weight-bearing lower leg bone, to the talus, or "ankle bone". This ligament is so tough that  bone is often avulsed, or pulled off, before the ligament actually tears. All sprains are classified as either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree. 1st degree is slight tearing of the ligament. 3rd degree is complete tear. 2nd degree is in the middle. Likely Gronk suffered a 2nd degree sprain. We as fans will never know the exact extent of his sprain, but he will not be 100 %. That is for sure. BTW, I'm a doctor experienced in sports medicine...no charge for the consultation

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Gronk Has Ligament Damage:
    [QUOTE]     This sucks...it's been reported by Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald that star TE Rob Gronkowski suffered ligament damage to his ankle, and won't be 100% for the SB: http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/23385/Report--Gronkowski-suffered-ligament-damage/Default.aspx   
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Hey, it's all good.  He has two weeks, will have no shortage of lovely ladies, 24/7,to apply alternating hot and cold compresses, the NFL doesn't yet test for HGH, and he is a physical anomaly.  He'll be good to go!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Tongue in cheek, of course.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Two weeks rest. Shoot it up. Good to go.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Old school.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gronk Has Ligament Damage : Where did Pollard hurt you?  Oh, he gave you drain bamage?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Are you a Patriots fan?  Why wouldn't you have really dislike for him.  He has caused injury to 3 of our players.  You don't think it is a problem.  I am surprised that many other Patriots fans haven't commented on this.   In addition he has to be a loudmouth about his desire for the Patriots to lose. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Susan, how are you? Have been over on the C's board?? I havent been able to go there in a while...just wasnt feeling it. We looked ugly coming out the gate but it looks like things are turning our way as guys get back into shape. Doc said guys werent ready,but I like what I saw vs MAgic with guys out and things are looking up with Key and Wilcox coming back. Got some nice depth when we get healthy and atleast we showed we can still hang. I'll have to stop by there....just waiting for NFL season to end.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I am still hoping that the Celtics can turn things around.  It will be better to evaluate the Celtics after about 1/2 of the season is over.  I post mostly on the Celtics and Red Sox boards, but occasionally on Patriots and Bruins also. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Some Pats fans here have brain sprains.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Well, that would leave you out.
    no brain = no sprain

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts