Gronk / Hernadez interchangeable ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eghirarduzzi. Show eghirarduzzi's posts

Gronk / Hernadez interchangeable ?

With Gronk out, if Hernadez comes back are they interchangable to the point where the O wont miss a beat ?  Can Hernandez be counted on to carry Gronks load ?  Thinking back to Super Bowl last year, a hurt Gronk is a hurt Pats O

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

Re: Gronk / Hernadez interchangeable ?

they play different positions

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

No. Hernandez is more like a WR than a true TE

Gronk is a bigger Red Zone target and a top blocking TE.

The offense will still be good. However, I am a bit worried about how this Red Zone offense will change

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eghirarduzzi. Show eghirarduzzi's posts

Why even have him in there on a meaningless extra point ? Driving to score again, maybe, but an extra point ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I wish it were true but Hernandez is no Rob Gronkowski.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

no they arent close to being interchangeable, but hernandez does help....its a shame that they havent had them both on the field at the same time much this year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Different types of fauna methinks, so no he can't  anymore than Gronk can fulfill Hernandez's role. 

There are actually two other pretty good tight ends on the team.

Seems to me we go through something like this every year.  Other players need to and will step up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Yes, they are interchangeable. One catches and runs. The other runs and catches. One blocks little big guys the other blocks big little guys. One is shifty oin the field the other is shifty on the dance floor.

So ye, they are interchangable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The only thing good I can say about Gronk going down (and it's not really good) is that if Hernandez were to come back he will give them another dynamic mismatch option.  The other thing is that we spent a lot of time signing free agent tight ends this summer in anticipation of something like this happening...which it did, so it's time for one of them to step up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As was said in another discussion, there are teams who would kill to get Hernandez.  The Pats will keep rolling as with both in there it was one nightmare, Hernandez simply presents another when he lines up in the backfield.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I think our offense will be different with Hernandez in there instead of Gronk, but nearly as effective.  Like I mentioned in another thread, Gronk being gone actually makes things tougher on opposing D Coordinaters (At least for a week or 2) because I don't think they will be sure what to prepare for.  This is actually a great opportunity for McDaniels to show some innovation and creativity involving our other offensive weapons like Edelman, Vereen, Woody, etc...  I'm not saying that were are a better team without Gronk, no way, but I am saying that we can still be a very dangerous and explosive offense.  One other silver-lining regarding Gronk's injury is that this time off will hopefully help his nagging hip injury that he has been fighting all season get fully healed, and we may get a fully healthy Gronk back before the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No. Gronk is alot better

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Against the Jets Hernandez was not full speed yet and looked like he could not leap fot the ball yet off his injured ankle.

Healthy, they are not the same type of player, I'm going to say Fells is closer to Gronk, not as good but one that can block and is a bit of a mismatch for a DB due to size. Hernandez is like a WR starting from the TE position and is a mismatdh for LB's due to speed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

H back versus Y back.

One is generally taller 6' 4" and can block better and is faster and comes off the line. It is why Gronk is a pain as the LBs are not fast enough to stay with him. Thus a team will put a DB on him giving up the size and thus a damned if you do and a damned if you don't for the DC Allowing more one on one for WRs and Welker getting a LB on him..

The other is shorter 6'2", does not block as well, a bit slower and comes out of the back field as a lead blocker more often.However Hernandez is closer to a Y back than an H thus the two together are a pain in the AZZ for DCs.