Gronk is back!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Gronk is back!

The word is out that Gronk will start practicing this week. Not sure if he plays Sunday, but still encouraging!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

Re: Gronk is back!

Proof please

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

That's Gronk-tacular news!!Seems a little soon though.I'd rather see him sit out another week or two (if he needs it) to be 100% for the playoffs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to ejb222's comment:

Proof please

BB has already cut a superfluous tight end.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

shalise manza young@shalisemyoung

according to a league source, Rob Gronkowski is expected to try to practice this week. Gronkowski underwent surgery on his broken arm Nov 19

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This is around the time he was expected back, plus, they cut VS because they thought Gronk could give it a go. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Today is the first day of practice for the week, so we shall soon see. Personally, I prefer that Gronk is not rushed back before he has full recovered.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

"Try"

Everything I hear is that he will "try" to practice.

To me, that means don't play him. This sounds like he is just trying to rush back so he can play the 49ers, which is stupid. Gronk would help, but I still like our chances to beat the 49ers without him.

I don't like our Super Bowl chances as much as I did if Gronk rebreaks his forearm after a vicious hit from Goldson. Sit him for the SF and Jax game. Maybe bring him back for the MIA game if he needs a week to get back into game shape.

Ultimate goal is to get Gronk ready for the Wildcard weekend. If we have a bye, great, but as of right now, week 1 of the playoffs should be the target.

Hopefully this is just the Pats making the 49ers prepare for the possibility of Gronk playing

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Agree this could be Jedi mind stuff from BB for Harbaugh. That said, I`d have him healthy for the playoffs and keep it that way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to dmpc's comment:

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Today is the first day of practice for the week, so we shall soon see. Personally, I prefer that Gronk is not rushed back before he has full recovered.

And YOU KNOW for a fact that he hasn't "fully recovered"?  First we had GMs on here, now we have orthopedic surgeons?

Mike Reiss had reported only a couple of weeks ago that Gronk's recovery was slowly than expected and it will likely take the full 6 weeks before he can come back. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Even though the Patriots are monitoring Gronk every day and have a medical staff looking after him, I have no confidence that the Patriots can make a proper decision about when to bring him back.  I hope they are monitoring this and other fan forums since all the true expertise is available here. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

When the Dr says he's go to go he will play and I hope it's this weekend.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

With the release of Schiancoe, this would make one wonder.....maybe BB has other plans for the open spot now on the roster.........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to dmpc's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

"Try"

Everything I hear is that he will "try" to practice.

To me, that means don't play him. This sounds like he is just trying to rush back so he can play the 49ers, which is stupid. Gronk would help, but I still like our chances to beat the 49ers without him.

Our?  What page of the Pats media guide could one find your photo?

how do you have 1000 posts in one day?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Gronk's level of play in last year's Superbowl and Hernandez aggravating his ankle injury this year are examples of rushing a comeback may not always be the right thing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Makes sense after they cut Shanks so get him practicing for the long stretch, but I doubt he plays sunday.  Gonna be another big game for Lloyd because WIllis and Bowman DO shut down the Middle pretty well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

If he is practicing he will play on Sunday and I'm fine with that. The more games he has to get into game shape the better he will be in the playoffs. It's time to knock off some rust!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Not that I'm a dr or anything but Gronk had a broken bone, not a soft tissue injury. Broken bones are a much more straight forward, very few unknowns, kind of injury. Unlike soft tissue injuries where the risk of re-injury during rehab is much greater.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Maybe Gronk won't be on the PAT group on Sunday.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I reallllly doubt he wil be ready to play but it is good news to hear that with three games left he is near to practicing.

I would llive to play the GIants or anyone with a healthy team in the SB. A healthy Pats team is a monster.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

It would have been classic BB if Gronk had shown up today in walk through practice, even if he were not to play this Sunday, to mess with game planning for the 49ers.

Sections
Shortcuts