Gronk looking "leaner"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Gronk looking "leaner"

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on SportsCenter Rob Gronkowski (back) is more likely than not to make his season debut Sunday night in Atlanta.

"He's probably ready to play," said Mort. "... I think they're leaning 60-40 he's playing this week." Mortensen did say Gronk looks noticeably thinner on practice video, probably because he hasn't been in the weight room as much while rehabbing back and forearm surgeries. It's still possible the 3-0 Pats hold Gronkowski out one more game. Stay tuned. We'll have updates all week.

I wonder if staying leaner would be a good thing for him.  It may take a little away from his blocking, but I am sure he'll maintain a lot of his power still.  May add a little more agility to his pass catching?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Gronk looking

Also the Amendola update thread is probably not as appealing anymore... so I'll repost from roto.

Danny Amendola (groin) said Wednesday that he anticipates "being 100 percent shortly."

Amendola wouldn't give any kind of timetable and he remains very questionable for Sunday night's showdown with the Falcons. He was spotted moving better on Wednesday, but it's unclear how close to 100 percent he is. All owners can do is keep monitoring practice reports.   Hope BB doesn't get made about updating himself... or maybe BB made him say it?>?? mind games with Atlanta?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Or as it's otherwise known, more fragile.  Not a good thing for a guy made of glass.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'm stickin' with middle of November...been right....so far.

Won't be the Patriots that make the call anyway. Around the 3rd or 4th surgery Gronk brought in his own Doctor, Andrews I believe, and I'll give dollars for dimes it's Gronk's own medical people that will let him know he's good to go.....not the Patriots.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This would be a great week for Gronk to return.  Atlanta is playing a backup linebacker, Joplo Bartu, who has trouble covering tight ends. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Last I checked you need an arm and a back to lift weights!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Mortensen's comment is that he looks thinner after undergoing back surgery and arm surgery?  Great reporting Mort.  To your point, yes, he can still be a great receiving threat without the bulk. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Or as it's otherwise known, more fragile.  Not a good thing for a guy made of glass.

LOL!   I still canot believe they signed him to an extension after everyone knew he was a top 5 pick bust.

Priceless.

Now, a back up QB at 8.25 million.  My oh my.  Only the Jets.

Probably didn't think he'd be a back up at the time of the extension, kind of like I assume the pats didn't know Hernandez would be charged with murder when they offered him his or that Gronkowski would have only played in 60% of the team's games since signing his. 

If only foresight were as accurate as hindsight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Mortensen's comment is that he looks thinner after undergoing back surgery and arm surgery?  Great reporting Mort.  To your point, yes, he can still be a great receiving threat without the bulk. 

I was completey sarcastic with my response to you... I'm with you...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

No danger, as was mine and I took it as such.  I re-read your post and realised that your point was that the loss in bulk didn't matter since it wouldn't affect his abilities as a receiver, and I agree. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Bad news on the Gronk front.  Albert Breer on NFL Network is reporting that Gronk is being listed as "questionable" because his arm is acting up again.  Also, Gronk is not willing to come back as fast as the Pats want because of last time, coming back and breaking his arm a second time.   This could get real interesting if the Pats think he is ready and he says he is not.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

No danger, as was mine and I took it as such.  I re-read your post and realised that your point was that the loss in bulk didn't matter since it wouldn't affect his abilities as a receiver, and I agree. 

If not actually improve upon his receiving skills...  whoa...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I just posted earlier that Gronk will be back when his Doctors say he can come back....this, if true, would again confirm what I have believed all along.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Walk up to Gronk and tell him to his face he is made of glass.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Just hold him out until he's 100%..who cares? We are 3-0, we can take our time with him and Amendola, no need to rush anyone back at this point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Just hold him out until he's 100%..who cares? We are 3-0, we can take our time with him and Amendola, no need to rush anyone back at this point.

I'm inclined to agree.  When these guys are fully medically cleared and ready then it's time to play 'em.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I just posted earlier that Gronk will be back when his Doctors say he can come back....this, if true, would again confirm what I have believed all along.

And what is that exactly?

As I have posted 4 5 times now....

Once Gronk brought in his own Doctors, Andrews I believe, it is Andrews who is now calling the shots on when Gronk comes back and the Pats will have no say in the matter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Bad news on the Gronk front.  Albert Breer on NFL Network is reporting that Gronk is being listed as "questionable" because his arm is acting up again.  Also, Gronk is not willing to come back as fast as the Pats want because of last time, coming back and breaking his arm a second time.   This could get real interesting if the Pats think he is ready and he says he is not.....

Oh man, dont say that. This is becoming one bad break. (no pun intended)  I never liked the multiple surgeries thing. I always thought It sounded bad. I had ONE surgery on my knee before and I couldnt imagine having to go back 3 more times with all the pain I was in.  I was hoping to atleast retain one of our dynamic TE's....and then Ballard wasnt ready. Lots of adversity this offseason and still going. Thats how titles are won though. Lets hope he is ok. I dont blame him for wanting to be right before he comes back. Team doctors do have the interest of the team more than the player and thats dangerous.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Won't be the Patriots that make the call anyway. Around the 3rd or 4th surgery Gronk brought in his own Doctor, Andrews I believe, and I'll give dollars for dimes it's Gronk's own medical people that will let him know he's good to go.....not the Patriots.

If it was going to be the middle of November, Pats would have put him on PUP.  He'll be back in the next couple of weeks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

If it was going to be the middle of November, Pats would have put him on PUP.  He'll be back in the next couple of weeks.

Nope...then he would not have been allowed to work out with the team in any faction.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

Nope...then he would not have been allowed to work out with the team in any faction.

You got a source for this middle of November stuff or are you speculating on your own here?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

3-6 months for Gronks type of fracture to heal. Now heal to go back to a Lab where I work versus heal to be able to play football are two different animals.

Keep in mind that when a plate is installed it actually takes 1-2 years for the patch job to fully heal to it's maximum. I'm not saying he's out that long but I'm taking the full 6 months if not more.

The bye is what? 11/10?...last surgery was May 21st....do the math.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The way I look at it, it's sort of like he's on the PUP list but can practice while he's rehabbing.  No need to rush the guy, they may lose an extra game or two without him but their goal should be to have him when it really matters for once.  

Sections
Shortcuts