Gronk mic'ed up on Inside the NFL vs Ravens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Gronk mic'ed up on Inside the NFL vs Ravens

Thought this deserved it's own thread.  Good Gronk stuff and good highlights from the Raven game.  Lots of win in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdu_esK0TII

Last night I watched the Inside the NFL program on Showtime, they had some great footage from the game, players talking during the game and different camera angles of the game, it was awesome.  If you have Showtime you gotta check it out.

Anyways, When Gronk got hurt Wes asked him if he was hurt and he said it was his ankle that was hurt.  He didn't say it like he was badly hurt and he didn't say it like he was really devestated or concerned.  They show him going into the locker room and then him coming back out from the locker room and he was walking fine.  He got to where the team was gathered and he shouted "I'm back".  LOL!  Then when the field goal was missed they show Gronk jumping up and down several times and he didn't favor his ankle or anything.  Looked really good.  I know it probably swelled up later and was sore later after the game but it was very promising to see how he was able to do all of this after he came back from the locker room.  He will be ready to go for the SB!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: Gronk mic'ed up on Inside the NFL vs Ravens

Great video...couple things stood out more than when I watched the game.

That was a nasty and blatant facemask by Smith against McCourty.  I know it was during the game and you had all mentioned it, but gollee...that was awful...fingers inside the mask and holding onto it.  Can't believe it wasn't called.  Maybe the ref was behind the play?  Can't remember.  Unreal.

Agreed with above on the ankle.  Gronk didn't seem to be favoring his ankle at all...I'm sure the adrenaline was masking quite a bit, but the injury didn't seem at the forefront of his mind...which is probably good.  I think that'll help him too in the SB.  He'll have it out of his mind completely.  They'll likely shoot it up as well.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good point on the facemask.  I didn't recall it looking that bad when I was watching the game. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah the facemask didn't look as bad in real time but it was really bad. I'm surprised Smith hasn't been fined for it yet.

For the ref I really can't blame him for missing it. I remember watching him squatting on the field with his head down. He was keeping sharp focus on Smith's feet which is where his focus should have been.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

You know gronk dont care. he going to the ship, he going to the ship!! I still remeber when pats drafted him, he came on stage with helmet not a cap or a tshirt. And then he got in a family huddle! What a monster he is, no way he misses superbowl after thr kind of uear hes had!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Gronk mic'ed up on Inside the NFL vs Ravens:
    [QUOTE]You know gronk dont care. he going to the ship, he going to the ship!! I still remeber when pats drafted him, he came on stage with helmet not a cap or a tshirt. And then he got in a family huddle! What a monster he is, no way he misses superbowl after thr kind of uear hes had!
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

OMG I forgot about the helmet when he was drafted. The first thing I thought when he came on with the helmet was, my god he's either going to kill someone or himself in a Pats uniform.

You can just tell right away he was a little kid playing a game he loved but in supermans body

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA0m2eWCLrA

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

supermans body...

and mixed in with elastic lad

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What an eye-opening video!  To say that Gronk is tougher than nails is like saying Belichick is a pretty fair coach.  The kid simply doesn't give a sh*t about anything but winning football games and enjoying himself in the process and if that involves knocking a few defenders on their a ss along the way, so much the better.  He'll be ready; he'll be A-right f*ckin ready!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

That was a great video, thanks a lot!

"Hey we're on the big screen! Chest bump!" Haha that guy is hilarious! I think the child in superman's body analogy fits pretty well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Great Video,thanks for posting it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

I  can see Gronk pulling a Ronnie Lott, just cut it off and I'll play without it....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Awesome vid, great quality too. Thanks TFB!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In Response to Gronk mic'ed up on Inside the NFL vs Ravens:
    [QUOTE]Thought this deserved it's own thread.  Good Gronk stuff and good highlights from the Raven game.  Lots of win in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdu_esK0TII Last night I watched the Inside the NFL program on Showtime, they had some great footage from the game, players talking during the game and different camera angles of the game, it was awesome.  If you have Showtime you gotta check it out. Anyways, When Gronk got hurt Wes asked him if he was hurt and he said it was his ankle that was hurt.  He didn't say it like he was badly hurt and he didn't say it like he was really devestated or concerned.  They show him going into the locker room and then him coming back out from the locker room and he was walking fine.  He got to where the team was gathered and he shouted "I'm back".  LOL!  Then when the field goal was missed they show Gronk jumping up and down several times and he didn't favor his ankle or anything.  Looked really good.  I know it probably swelled up later and was sore later after the game but it was very promising to see how he was able to do all of this after he came back from the locker room.  He will be ready to go for the SB!!
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

After the game during the trophey presentation, BB asked gronk if he was ok?  Gronk Responded I'm fine.... im 100% sure he will play, hopefully at 90-100% full strength

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Anyone ever see the honey badger video on youtube? Kind of reminds me of Gronk.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Gronk after Ravens win!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Sound FX on the NFL network has some awesome video of the game and Gronk.  Gronk is a beast in it.  Good stuff!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I love it, "I'm back, I'm Good"  I guess that answers any doubters about how bad his ankle is.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't know, he didn't even say ow. He just got back up, I don't care if he's the toughest guy on the planet, he should have have had, at the very least, some reaction to a bad sprain. 

I'm hoping it's just a grade 1 sprain and that he'll be ready to go. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]I love it, "I'm back, I'm Good"  I guess that answers any doubters about how bad his ankle is.  
    Posted by kman2004[/QUOTE]

They probably wrapped it up and shot him up, this doesn't mean he's fine. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gronk mic'ed up on Inside the NFL vs Ravens : They probably wrapped it up and shot him up, this doesn't mean he's fine. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

go back and watch the video again. At the end he's jumping up and down and appears to have no issue with the ankle at all. Probably just typical Belichick stuff, would rather keep the other team guessing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They also showed him running a route after the injury, didn't have a limp, planted hard and ran hard.  Gronk feels no pain!!

Sections
Shortcuts