Gronk officially out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: Gronk officially out

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Anyone else finding this sort of wussy "let me wait until Week 6" routine annoying? I get the practicing is a bonus so he can be ready and the team is 4-0, but it just reeks of Rosenhaus being involved or Gronk having some kind of crap in his head.

No one is asking the guy to play the whole game, just to get some game reps in to get tuned up a bit, slowly but surely.

I didn't like the book thing he did this offseason. Normally, I wouldn't care, but now with this, it's pretty annoying how his father or Rosenhaus (whoever is behind it) are now trying to dictate.

As if 7 more days is crucial to his rehab? Give me a break. I wonder how the team feels about it? Sort of awkward to see someone practicing and then pretending 7 more days means something.

I'd be sort of emabarrassed, to be honest.

I agree with part of what you're getting at, but I think I can understand his hesitancy, after what occurred last season.  While I am very anxious to see him back out on the field, I also want to see him out there feeling confident and 100% ready to go. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone else finding this sort of wussy "let me wait until Week 6" routine annoying? 

Don't know enough to be annoyed but I do know one thing. If the Doctors, BB, and Gronk are all in agreement here and Gronk is letting them have the final word...then this is a non issue.

HOWEVER, If Gronks father, Gronk are at odds at all with the Pats coaching staff and they are dictating any of this over the coaching staff Gronk will be traded this winter.

It will play out like this...he will play the rest of the season, the Patriots will downplay it to keep his trade value high..infact will portray him in a good light, but then start having discussions witht other teams right after the season.

Sure they will get a very good deal for him, no doubt.

Well, agree, but I don't get wait an extra week does? It's kind of like the kid who yakks in class and is embarrassed to go back to school so he/she stays out for a week.

Cue the Bobby Brady scene when he sprains his ankle in the treehouse and becomes afraid of being off the ground until he rescues his new pet parakeet. lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2mMHXSTogM

[/QUOTE]

That's funny.  I remember that episode.  Amazing what stays with you over the years.  Good analogy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

All I read during the offseason was 'don't bring Gronk back until he is fully healthy, we need him for the playoffs, not the early season', and now you are comparing him to Bobby Brady?? He had multiple surgeries on his arm in the past year, along with this back surgery which was delayed until May because of the infection in his arm. He just can't be back to full strength yet. Looking back, they should have used the IR with return option on him. At this point, I don't care when Gronk comes back, I wan't him heathy for the playoffs. The team is 4-0, the offense is improving weekly, and the young guys are getting a ton of valuable game experience. Cinci's DBs are injured, so the Pats will likely go with 3 or 4 wides today, especially if Amendola plays, and the weather may be bad in Cinci today. I have no problem with him sitting another week or two.