Gronk on target for opener

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Gronk on target for opener

Apologies if this was posted earlier.

Looks like if healthy which it seems he seems to be… he is on schedule for week one based on the things he is saying.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11233864/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-hopes-ready-season-opener?ex_cid=espnapi_public

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Gronk on target for opener

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like if healthy which it seems he seems to be… he is on schedule for week one based on the things he is saying.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11233864/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-hopes-ready-season-opener?ex_cid=espnapi_public" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11233864/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-hopes-ready-season-opener?ex_cid=espnapi_public

[/QUOTE]

That's good news.  I really think if Gronk is ready, the TE situation is okay.  I think we're going to go back to a one TE offense for this year and therefore be using more three receiver and/or two-back sets.  If Gronk is healthy, Hoomanawanui is good enough as a second TE.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Pro, when healthy this kid is monster. I truly believe if this kid stays healthy all year you will see the opposing D's roll their coverage to Gronk which is going to open up all the other options.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I agree. Gronk is a rare game changing player.  Since 2011, at least, the Pats offense is totally different with him in and with him out.  I'd love to see him healthy all year, including the playoffs.  In my opinion most of the offensive woes we've seen in recent playoff losses disappear if Gronk is fully healthy. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

When Gronk is 100% healthy he is hands down the best TE in the NFL.  I honestly don't know how you even make a strong argument for competition when you factor in his entire game and ability (he is every bit as monstrous in the pass protection and run game). 

So while I couldn't be more eager to see him return to the field and return to that form so that he can make a strong run at Canton and be in the best TE ever conversation, I have to admit I'm scared and skeptical.  This is a guy who's been broken up and under the knife as much as anyone over the last few years in the NFL.  Not everyone can come back strong after that, and not only because your body might never be the same, but because your mind might never be the same.  Does he have the heart, focus and toughness that is required to be able to play without being gun shy? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I think it's bad news. I want him on PUP and to not play until December. The regular season is for show in Foxboro.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11233864/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-hopes-ready-season-opener?ex_cid=espnapi_public" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11233864/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-hopes-ready-season-opener?ex_cid=espnapi_public

[/QUOTE]

Jealousy and anger from the trolls should be high with this news and Kelly/Wilfork also on schedule.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

We'll have to see how he runs.  A lot of players come back at or close to 100%, but some don't.  I'm hoping for the best, but it's true there is a risk Gronk won't be as fast or agile as he was before and that could make TE more of a problem for the pats this year. Still, I'm pretty optimistic he'll be back at close to 100% of what we've seen in the past.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We'll have to see how he runs.  A lot of players come back at or close to 100%, but some don't.  I'm hoping for the best, but it's true there is a risk Gronk won't be as fast or agile as he was before and that could make TE more of a problem for the pats this year. Still, I'm pretty optimistic he'll be back at close to 100% of what we've seen in the past.

[/QUOTE]

There have been no reports on how he runs differently or worse than before.

The odds actually favor someone who is not doing a lot of cutting. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's bad news. I want him on PUP and to not play until December. The regular season is for show in Foxboro.

[/QUOTE]

That's just a ridiculous POV.  I get the whole idea why but I totally disagree with you here.  Depth is horrible at this position so it yeah, if Gronk goes down it's trouble, but you just don't play like that.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When Gronk is 100% healthy he is hands down the best TE in the NFL.  I honestly don't know how you even make a strong argument for competition when you factor in his entire game and ability (he is every bit as monstrous in the pass protection and run game). 

So while I couldn't be more eager to see him return to the field and return to that form so that he can make a strong run at Canton and be in the best TE ever conversation, I have to admit I'm scared and skeptical.  This is a guy who's been broken up and under the knife as much as anyone over the last few years in the NFL.  Not everyone can come back strong after that, and not only because your body might never be the same, but because your mind might never be the same.  Does he have the heart, focus and toughness that is required to be able to play without being gun shy? 

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Gronk is the best in the game when healthy, but his health has to be a huge concern every year now.  He is just a big target for defenders. I hate to say it but I really expect Gronk to be out at some point again this season.  He is a beast but he sure takes some wicked hits and abuse out there.  If he could play a full season healthy there would be nobody who could stop him, he would out perform Grahams production easily.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

When he's 100% Gronk is the best offensive player in the NFL. (Non QB). 

Crazy to say, but we would have a few more SB victories if we could have had a healthy Gronk in the playoffs the last few years. NE scores 30+ on everyone when he is at the top of his game with Brady. 

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When he's 100% Gronk is the best offensive player in the NFL. (Non QB). 

Crazy to say, but we would have a few more SB victories if we could have had a healthy Gronk in the playoffs the last few years. NE scores 30+ on everyone when he is at the top of his game with Brady. 

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

[/QUOTE]

Non QB, I would say Gronk, Megatron or AP. An arugment could be made for each, IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's just a ridiculous POV.  I get the whole idea why but I totally disagree with you here.  Depth is horrible at this position so it yeah, if Gronk goes down it's trouble, but you just don't play like that.  

[/QUOTE]

I believe he was being sarcastic. There have been posters here who legitimately believe the Pats should shut him down for the regular season to be available for the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There have been no reports on how he runs differently or worse than before.

The odds actually favor someone who is not doing a lot of cutting. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm not too worried about it.  But agill1970 isn't completely off base to have a bit of anxiety until we see him on the field.  Ballard, for instance, was not close to 100% when he returned from knee surgery. In football, it's never wise to count your chickens before they hatch.  The eggs break too often . . .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Everyone's fave, Loyko, is sure Gronk is starting on the PUP for whatever his contacts are worth

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Everyone's fave, Loyko, is sure Gronk is starting on the PUP for whatever his contacts are worth

[/QUOTE]

Starting camp or the regular season on PUP?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

16-0 baby!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

The opener is great but I just hope he's ready for the closer too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

There is no reason to think he will get another freak injury this season.  ...Just watch out for cheap shot artists like Ward. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe he was being sarcastic. There have been posters here who legitimately believe the Pats should shut him down for the regular season to be available for the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

I think he was serious.

Pats will win 11-13 without him anyway, especially this season with the defense.

I mean, if they announced he would be out until December on some fake injury crap to hold him out, I wouldn't mind at all. We'll still win the division and compete for the 1seed.

But, the news of him playing Week 1 is awesome too, just the idea of losing him before January again haunts me.

Gronk can play Week 1 -16 all he wants and rack up 2000 yards and 30 TDs, I don't care.

That man better be 100% healthy come January and beyond

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

If Gronk says he's ready , and team doctors clear him he is playing. However I have my doubts he will be able to play in the opener. Time will tell. We shall see.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

The Pats definitely need a healthy Gronk. I think Gronk is a real close 2nd to Jimmy Graham as far as TE's go. They are both equal if Gronk could ever stay on the field. Nevertheless it is great news for the Pats if Gronk is ready to go on opening day !!

Sections
Shortcuts