Gronk returns...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Gronk returns...

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

If he is ready then let him take the first 2 games off against the Bills and Jets, he really wont be needed.  But get him read for the week 4 Falcons game by letting him get some game time in during the week 3 Bucs game.

"If he's ready" is the key......and if he is, why would we keep one of our best players off the field when healthy? I don't agree with that logic. Saving players just to keep them healthy seems wrong to me....this is football...they all risk getting hurt in every game....hence why we pay them millions. Personally I want my best players out there (IF) they are 100%.

Agreed!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Belichick is all about the team. No one is above the team. It's why he doesn't take Brady out in blowout games. If he takes Brady out then he is saying Brady is better than his teammates. The roster size limits don't allow for all the starters to be taken out so they all stay in minus the injured.

If Gronk can play he will play. He is not the only one who is nursing an injury. He is not above the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Belichick is all about the team. No one is above the team. It's why he doesn't take Brady out in blowout games. If he takes Brady out then he is saying Brady is better than his teammates. The roster size limits don't allow for all the starters to be taken out so they all stay in minus the injured.

If Gronk can play he will play. He is not the only one who is nursing an injury. He is not above the team.

I dunno.  Shanahan and RGBIII. BB and Gronk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

What kind of stretching, exercises, and weight room activities can be done after forearm/back surgery?  I say he's PUP'd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think is on the active roster and sees the field in game 3. If he is on a rapid pace for recovery, no need to pup him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

If he can't stay healthy this year for the playoffs they have to give consideration to moving on.

"Every time I call it a game, you call it a business. Every time I call it a business, you call it a game."—O.W. Shaddock

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

If he can't stay healthy this year for the playoffs they have to give consideration to moving on.

"Every time I call it a game, you call it a business. Every time I call it a business, you call it a game."—O.W. Shaddock

guy has 37 tds in his 1st 40 something games. you dont consider moving on until he retires.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but Reiss said a source he trusts said that if Gronk keeps going on this rapid pace, he will not be PUPd and they will give him a spot.

It may not mean Week 1 or 2, games NE should win, but maybe a tune up for Week 3 before the Atlanta, CIncy and NOs games.

One would think that would all but easily wedge Tebow out the door with that kind of a reality.

Rapid pace at recovery of his arm I would assume, or getting into FB shape?  He's young and in great shape so probably could back into playing shape pretty quick.  I read somewhere that he looked like he lost some weight, did you hear that?  Probably would put it back on once he got back into the gym.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I can't remember where I heard or read it but Gronk supposedly had the exact same procedure by the exact same surgeon that JPP of the gints had, only Gronks was two weeks later than JPP's. JPP was just activated for full practice participation. Gronk should be ready to go in about one week from Friday.

If you aren't gonna play Gronk for the first few games he is healthy, why even play him for any regular season games? Get him a golf cart (cause he could get injured just walking on the field) and just wheel him out for the confrence championship. Better yet, get him one of those plastic bubbles so no one can even touch him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I was (half) listening to the TV last night, and could of sworn I heard someone say that if things keep going as well as they have for Gronk, he'd be back by week 5 or 6. If that is the case, wouldn't the PUP make sense?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I was (half) listening to the TV last night, and could of sworn I heard someone say that if things keep going as well as they have for Gronk, he'd be back by week 5 or 6. If that is the case, wouldn't the PUP make sense?

sure would.  that way you give a different player some game time experience or buy time for someone who will have to get cut later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

Well, who said that? Depends on the source.  Is it some doofus at ESPN or one of them at NLFN who is anti-Pats just using wishful thinking?

speculate all you want, you're just blowing hot air , he'll play when he plays

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcb_mls23. Show jcb_mls23's posts

So, speaking of Gronk - when would you pull the trigger in a PPR Fantasy FB 10-team league?

I'm thinking if he is available in the 5th or 6th, I may have to select him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

guy has 37 tds in his 1st 40 something games. you dont consider moving on until he retires.

He is such a big part of the regular season offense that when he's not available in the playoffs it hurts the team badly.

If he can't stay healthy when it COUNTS they need to move on. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but Reiss said a source he trusts said that if Gronk keeps going on this rapid pace, he will not be PUPd and they will give him a spot.

It may not mean Week 1 or 2, games NE should win, but maybe a tune up for Week 3 before the Atlanta, CIncy and NOs games.

One would think that would all but easily wedge Tebow out the door with that kind of a reality.

This is exactly what I've been saying...Tool box

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

One note, the reports that he was "participating in individual drills" were incorrect. BB made that perfectly clear yesterday. He was working out with trainers as he has been since the start of camp, for whatever reason he was doing his work out in view of reporters for the first time.

Technically, Gronk is on the PUP right now and not taking up a roster spot. He cannot practice with the team until he is removed from the list. He can workout with the trainers, but cannot participate in any team drills.

Sections
Shortcuts