Gronk TD celebrations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Gronk TD celebrations

Was it just me or he barely got away with no penalty flag each time. It seemed to me he used the ball as a prop in his TD celebration and that's a 15 yd penalty. So yeah he got away with it but that would have put a spoiler on the mood if it had been flagged. Maybe he should just stick with the spike and skip the externalities. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Gronk TD celebrations

I hate all TD celebrations... Call me an old curmudgeon, but I still love Barry Sanders just flipping the ball to ref after everytime he scored (actually after pretty much every play). In some ways it was more intimidating kind of like saying, "Yeah, I scored a TD, no big deal. I do it all the time."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

God forbid anyone tries to have a little fun with the game......that TD celebration was hilarious!! Loosen the panties a bit, and try enjoying someone being excited. Isn't this supposed to be fun? Life is way to short to be serious all the time....and looking down at someone for celebrating a TD is being a bit stiff don't ya think? Let them have some fun, it hurts NOBODY.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to murghkhor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was it just me or he barely got away with no penalty flag each time. It seemed to me he used the ball as a prop in his TD celebration and that's a 15 yd penalty. So yeah he got away with it but that would have put a spoiler on the mood if it had been flagged. Maybe he should just stick with the spike and skip the externalities. 

[/QUOTE]

It's marketing. He was playing to the London crowd. I had the illegal stream going yesterday because the Jets were on up here in NY. The stream was from Sky TV and the studio guys were Brits. They all thought it was hillarious.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I admit I am on old f*rt on this one. I just have never been a fan of anything beyond the spike (I actually like Gronk's big spike), but the dances, the extra celebrations, pre-planned moves, etc. do nothing for me.

I think it is slippery slope. Guys start celebrating after every play sometimes. You end up seeing defenders celebrating hits that are after 8 yard runs and WRs celebrating first down catches when their team is losing by 20 points.

I don't think the NFL should penalize guys for the stuff, and I understand getting caught up in the moment of stuff. I am just saying for me personally it adds zero to the game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The "Toy Soldier" was the best td dance of the season, and maybe the last 5 years. Gronk just became famous in England.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I thought he would be flagged for spiking the ball right in front of the Rams # 90 (taunting) on the first td. 

I wish they would allow group celebrations again in the endzone.  that made it fun!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

He was playing to the English Fans, and they loved it.  From here on in he will be know in England as "The Queen's Gronk"!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I'm okay with the spikes but the rest of it seems a bit silly and antagonistic. What was it that Al McGuire used to call it? French pastry. Hope it doesn't get flagged when we can least afford it. Then it will seem just plain dumb!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I am an old curmudgeon myself. But I love the Gronks dances and spikes! Nothing wrong with the.  Tanbass is right life is to short to let something so trivial get you worked up.