Gronk to start running Monday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Gronk to start running Monday

Got the green light from Dr Andrews

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Gronk to start running Monday

I imagine he'll start the season on the pup list...I just hope he doesn't get hurt once again before the playoffs start. I'd love to see this offense with a healthy Gronk in the playoffs for once, I imagine that will make a world of a difference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Agreed pup. All season with a brace as well, most likely effecting his speed. Assume he will have lost a step or two. 

We all have to be ready to not see the Gronk we are used to. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

After seeing how WW looked after the same type of injury...I'm not going to assume anything.  Sure, it would be reasonable to think that he might not be the same.  Experience, however, tells me that it is not unreasonable to believe that he could be as good as he ever was, though, perhaps a little more tentative at first.  I believe his youth is a big advantage in trying to recover from an injury like this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Kinda weird--whenever I think of the offense, he's not in it. I'm thinking of Dobson s foot injury, how La Fell will work with Brady, hoping Thompkins can make a big jump up, wanting Amendola to come up big and prove he can fill Welkers shoes.  Just doubt we'll see much of Gronk--hope I'm wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kinda weird--whenever I think of the offense, he's not in it. I'm thinking of Dobson s foot injury, how La Fell will work with Brady, hoping Thompkins can make a big jump up, wanting Amendola to come up big and prove he can fill Welkers shoes.  Just doubt we'll see much of Gronk--hope I'm wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Same here.  Having Gronkowski in the game would feel like a bonus. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Got the green light from Dr Andrews

[/QUOTE]

Sure is different than years ago when the only things guys got from Dr. Andrews were reasonable working limbs and directions to the retirement office.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know I have the same feeling about Gronk. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

There is a part of us that wants him to only play in playoffs games. Of course that does not help our playoff hopes and more truly our playoff seating. ANd it does not reflect a need for everyone to be in sync. You generally cant just walk on the field 3 or 4 times a year and play. Vertainly not at that level. Yet we are conditioned to think this way with him.

I am excited about this team but I do want a really viable solid TE on the roster. Not to mention the other things I am hoping the teams unwraps before Christmas (DT, DE, LB, S, C, RG, RB and fully grown WRs from our litter from last year).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Straightforward running, preferably on the treadmill, no cutting yet.  Still, it's one green light.  The jury is still out on whether he can play before game seven. If he's running in April, May, June, July and August, why can't he take the field in September?  Hopefully the same guy that got Welker on the field is looking at Gronk's leg.  Also, Gronk had an extra month on Welker -- he was hurt a bit earlier. 

Yes, this year he's lost a step.  That happens with ACL injuries for a year.  He's still a big target but he can be covered by a stout linebacker this year. 

No, not by Brandon Spikes.  Don't be ridiculous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The guy works hard....I'd be willing to bet he's far better next season than this given how long it trakes to come back from the major knee injury he had...he'll be ok as long as he's not re-injured...good luck Gronk!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way...I don't even consider him part of the offense anymore...which is a problem.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Certainly great news

as far as him being injury prone

the first arm injury was freakish, am still unsure how that happened and he may have come back too early, a calculated risk

His back seems to have been ok, one blessing in disguise with this latest injury, is that it gives his back a real long time to get even better

And this knee injury would have happened to anyone. still believe it was a cheap shot. Am really glad Ward isn't here, saying he went low to miss Gronks head was pure bs. Gronk was starting to rip them up when he put his helmet on Gronks knee. With A helmet that the nfl has made into a weapon over the years. Another hypocritical stupidity by the nfl.just coz they make a lot of money, really doesn't make them smart.

When Gronk comes back, is anyone's guess. I doubt they "save" him for the playoffs, But having been disappointed by not having him healthy in 46 and then never having him and herm in the playoffs, like everyone else

I hold my breath I believe losing Gronk hasûcost us at least one SB. Gronk is simply the best receiver in the game, better than cj! and he is a great blocker. 

I will pray that the football Gods will be with us for a change

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly, GAME.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Great News.  He's like 24, no need to assume he won't come back at anything less than 110%.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I know Gronk's first few injuries have been freakish ones but... to me those type of injuries will always come with this guy. The way he plays, like a tank, he will be taking on 3-4 hits every time he touches the ball. and just as TJ Ward did, other SS will do to him to because lauching at Gronk's upperbody is pointless. he'll run through you. He is gonna take a huge number of hits over his career and he wont be a guy i expect to see all 16 weeks each year.

I'm with NEGame and Mthurl on this, I dont picture him in the offense.

gameplan without him and if you get him, hell yes

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think he is " the" difference maker, no one has stopped him like they did TG or the other TEs

i guess if you say other smaller players are going to take cheap shots at him, then there is no conversation To be had.

he is still young, medical treatments are unbelievable - if they had been around for Bobby Orr he would have had incredulous career stats

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I think Gronk will be just fine and be the great player he always is when healthy.  I expect a full recovery, based on how he looked when he came back from back surgery last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

seems like the first year off surgery is all rehab and it isn't until the second year before they look like their original selves.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think he is " the" difference maker, no one has stopped him like they did TG or the other TEs

i guess if you say other smaller players are going to take cheap shots at him, then there is no conversation To be had.

he is still young, medical treatments are unbelievable - if they had been around for Bobby Orr he would have had incredulous career stats

[/QUOTE]

but the time we really need him being a playmaker is during playoffs....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Hey, if Edleman can overcome the injury bug and play a full seanson then I see no reason why Gronk can't do the same thing.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Lets hope for the best. My feeling is that Dobson and gronk will be on the shelf for a big portion of the season. Especially Dobson.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im the REAL KING. Show Im the REAL KING's posts

I am sad to say although I like Gronkowski and wish him great health, I said when he was drafted his body will not last and would be an injury casuality in the NFL by year number 5.

One of Gronks major problems at 6'6" tall, and much talked about, is his running style, in so much as that he does not lower his shoulder pads when confronted, (he stays tall) and he needs to attack, not try to outrun.

A few major players have said that he needs to change his style and way of thinking, act more like a running back, the likes of Christian Okoye/ Earl Campbell, bend at the hips, lower those pads and smash the attackers.

This is just my opinion, but for Gronk to stay, he does need to change  and when they are close to tacke him, attack them and save yourself. Standing tall and trying to outrun is setting yourself up to be hurt again.

I wish Gronk great health and wellness, I would love to see this young mans career last at least 10 years, but I doubt it will.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

What they need is Vareen, Amendola, and Dopson to be fully healthy---throw in Ridley, LaFell and Edelman and they should be fine until Gronk is ready and even if he's not back 100%, he should still be able to block and will certainly be a RZ threat

IMHO this defense will keep them in every game this year