Gronk to start running Monday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Gronk to start running Monday

In response to wmasschilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What they need is Vareen, Amendola, and Dopson to be fully healthy---throw in Ridley, LaFell and Edelman and they should be fine until Gronk is ready and even if he's not back 100%, he should still be able to block and will certainly be a RZ threat

IMHO this defense will keep them in every game this year

[/QUOTE]

Agree, we just need a little luck in the "multiple key injury department" this year. Yeah, I know some guys here think the GM just drafts bad players but looking at how good the defense was playing before key injuries last year snd then swap out the best 1 on 1 defender in the NFL with Talib and another year of experience for a young secondary and wowser! 

I would like to see Gronk out until week 10 and make a play off push. The positive side to this knee injury is it allows time for his forearm and back to fully heal. ACL injuries are nothing like they were 15 years ago, he could come back stronger in that area of his body.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wmasschilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What they need is Vareen, Amendola, and Dopson to be fully healthy---throw in Ridley, LaFell and Edelman and they should be fine until Gronk is ready and even if he's not back 100%, he should still be able to block and will certainly be a RZ threat

IMHO this defense will keep them in every game this year

[/QUOTE]

Agree, we just need a little luck in the "multiple key injury department" this year. Yeah, I know some guys here think the GM just drafts bad players but looking at how good the defense was playing before key injuries last year snd then swap out the best 1 on 1 defender in the NFL with Talib and another year of experience for a young secondary and wowser! 

I would like to see Gronk out until week 10 and make a play off push. The positive side to this knee injury is it allows time for his forearm and back to fully heal. ACL injuries are nothing like they were 15 years ago, he could come back stronger in that area of his body.

[/QUOTE]

I agree on the forearm. He was rushed back too quickly the first time and the result was another break, infection and more surgeries.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Wonder how this will affect his contract status with the Pats?

Isn't his contract from 2012 backloaded, and isn't 2015 a trigger season for some big $$ for him?

Will (or can) his contract get re-worked next offseason?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We all have to be ready to not see the Gronk we are used to. 

[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, I think we better be ready to see exactly the Gronk we're used to . . .   meaning he'll help us win a few games in September and maybe one more in December.

I'd love to see a Gronk I'm not used to, but I'm not counting on it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That is great news. None of us really know the specific prognosis, but you have to expect another PUP type scenario. 

Wes Welker had surgery on his ACL/MCL on the 3rd of February 2010.

Gronk had surgery a month earlier in the season-cycle on January 9th 2014.

Wes was running in June. Gronk is running in late April.

Still, given the difference in their role on the team, it seems like Gronk, who has a lot of stress added to the knee in blocking and because of his size, might be a bit longer?

At the same time, Gronk isn't as reliant on his knees to cut, so perhaps there will be less of a drop-off in performance when he comes back?

Health, again, is the single biggest factor in how far this team can go. 

Gronk and Wilfork are huge question marks. 

I really, really, would love to see an "all-systems-go" for once in this team's recent tenure. I don't think they've hit the playoff field without major injuries on one or the other side of the ball since 2007. 

Still, as other posters alluded to, Bill Belichik has some nifty tools in Browner/Revis now. One has to wonder if that alone, plus another pass rushing addition to spell Nink and Jones could be enough?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know Gronk's first few injuries have been freakish ones but... to me those type of injuries will always come with this guy. The way he plays, like a tank, he will be taking on 3-4 hits every time he touches the ball. and just as TJ Ward did, other SS will do to him to because lauching at Gronk's upperbody is pointless. he'll run through you. He is gonna take a huge number of hits over his career and he wont be a guy i expect to see all 16 weeks each year.

I'm with NEGame and Mthurl on this, I dont picture him in the offense.

gameplan without him and if you get him, hell yes

[/QUOTE]

Based upon that reasoning, should we assume that there has never been a big strong TE who has made it through a full season and that there never will be?  Why would that apply only to big TE's?  How about big receivers or runningbacks?  It's probably worth remembering, as well, that RG's arm injury had nothing to do with a hard hit.  It's also good to keep in mind that his knee injury is something that occurs to players of all sizes and positions.  I don't find any reason to believe that he is any more likely to get hurt than any other player who puts forth a 100% on the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Sections
Shortcuts