gronk too injury prone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

gronk too injury prone?

i hope these injuries these past two years arent a sign of what his whole career will be like, but he was known as injury prone in college and has continued to be so in the NFL. i cant fault him for playing today, he has a ton of heart, but landing on your broken forearm like that? easy to say because i wasnt in that situation, but still seems odd.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Re: gronk too injury prone?

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i hope these injuries these past two years arent a sign of what his whole career will be like, but he was known as injury prone in college and has continued to be so in the NFL. i cant fault him for playing today, he has a ton of heart, but landing on your broken forearm like that? easy to say because i wasnt in that situation, but still seems odd.

[/QUOTE]

C'mon man, the catch he was trying to make was a stretch anyway, and landing on it was just bad juju. I wouldn't call that 'injury prone ' bad break is more like it. Still sucks tho............KMc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to NESportnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

C'mon man, the catch he was trying to make was a stretch anyway, and landing on it was just bad juju. I wouldn't call that 'injury prone ' bad break is more like it. Still sucks tho............KMc.

[/QUOTE]

i like gronk, but if he isnt going to be healthy for the most important games of the season, then he isnt nearly as important as people think he is...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No...I just think he has had bad luck....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

Yeah, two years in a row, he's a no-show in the playoffs.  Ankle, now arm. 

The play today was nothing, he just rolled over on his arm, he wasn't even hit. If he can't handle that, why was he even on the field? 

Anyway, hopefully Gronk is back next year, but he is a fragile guy. I wouldn't count on him playing 16 games until he proves he can.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I think Players earn the tag " Injury prone" When they Keep Having the same problem with the same injury. Gronks Injuries have been Freak things and i think in no way indicate that hes Injury prone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

he may be our version of bob sanders, tremendous talent, but cant stay on the field. its very unfortunate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Yeah The dude's a bust, like Ron Brace.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He broke his arm.  After 10 weeks it might be able to be tested. 8 weeks not so much. That's what made TO playing for the eagles so amazing.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

At this point in his career, you can't say that he's injury prone. Gronk takes a lot of hard hits and plays very aggressive and physical.

His injuries thus far happen to be freak accidents that are just plain unfortunate. Let's just hope Gronk recovers quickly and recovers well and that he'll be able to play through all of next year's postseason.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Players earn the tag " Injury prone" When they Keep Having the same problem with the same injury. Gronks Injuries have been Freak things and i think in no way indicate that hes Injury prone.

[/QUOTE]
    No doubt!, he went up high at the sideline and came down on it. That would have broken a lot of peoples' arms any day of the week. To say he is prone to injury is silly, look at the reply, it was a bad break. Unfortunate, for the Pats. They know he is done so move on and get him a ring anyway!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

It's called physics.  Dude plays hard.  He probably rushed it.

I loved BB not letting Albert Breer (I guess) trying to twist this into RGIII.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

No

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Will-Redd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he has been injured at the same time of the year in two straight years, and this is nothing new. his draft stock dropped because of his injury issues. i think its ignorant to just dismiss this and say it wont happen again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I begin to think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

What's impressive is he did not drop the ball after re breaking his arm. What a stud. Too bad for him and the Pats that for the second year in a row their best reciever is going to miss a lot of the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Crazy post. Gronk's fine. Some tough luck, but the dude's fine. When has he been injured? Freak play in the AFCCG last year and another freak play this season. The guy is just fine and will come out firing next season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's impressive is he did not drop the ball after re breaking his arm. What a stud. Too bad for him and the Pats that for the second year in a row their best reciever is going to miss a lot of the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, but atleast they know he won't be coming back.  No maybe's. Won't be used as a decoy.  They just need to keep winning without him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he has been injured at the same time of the year in two straight years, and this is nothing new. his draft stock dropped because of his injury issues. i think its ignorant to just dismiss this and say it wont happen again.

[/QUOTE]

Last year Pollard rolled up on Gronk's ankle,that's not his fault.Today he came down with all his weight on his arm /wrist after breaking it not too long ago and that might break a healthy persons arm.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Last year Pollard rolled up on Gronk's ankle,that's not his fault.Today he came down with all his weight on his arm /wrist after breaking it not too long ago and that might break a healthy persons arm.

[/QUOTE]

He landed hard on that forearm. So stop the American Idol judging from the comfort of your sofa.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NESportnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i like gronk, but if he isnt going to be healthy for the most important games of the season, then he isnt nearly as important as people think he is...

[/QUOTE]

Wow, ridiculous statement

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He landed hard on that forearm. So stop the American Idol judging from the comfort of your sofa.

[/QUOTE]

how dare i bring up a topic like this! lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People get hurt playing football. Sometimes they get bad breaks. Apparently you forget when Gronk came down on his neck from about 6 feet in the air and aside from being woozy, wasn't injured at all

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People get hurt playing football. Sometimes they get bad breaks. Apparently you forget when Gronk came down on his neck from about 6 feet in the air and aside from being woozy, wasn't injured at all

[/QUOTE]

i do remember that, he got real lucky. and i know players get injured, it happens. i just hope it doesnt define his career because he is so talented. so far it has defined his playoff career.

Sections
Shortcuts