gronk too injury prone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

Re: gronk too injury prone?

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

i hope these injuries these past two years arent a sign of what his whole career will be like, but he was known as injury prone in college and has continued to be so in the NFL. i cant fault him for playing today, he has a ton of heart, but landing on your broken forearm like that? easy to say because i wasnt in that situation, but still seems odd.

Agree with you that Gronk using his left arm to break the fall wasn't to smart.  In hindsight, IF he had just hit the ground using his shoulder and not his left arm to break the fall, he would have stood a better chance of not reinjuring his left arm.  IF Gronk is in fact injury prone, its to bad because he could very easily be a Hall of Famer after rewriting the record books on catches/touchdowns for a tight end.  Hope he takes care of his left arm in the off season and comes back in 2013 ready to go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

give me a break, the dude was rushed back and he re-broke the same arm.

He's a baller and a beast. They're gonna get hurt once in a while.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

It surprises me how easily people confuse injury prone with unlucky. He's a football player, everyone is suspectable to injury in this league. He broke his forearm, it's not like he's missing games all the time with muscle strains. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

how was he cleared medically to play?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

how was he cleared medically to play?

this i have no clue, but he was fine against the dolphins in limited play and even caught a td pass... i guess he really wasnt ready, because he landed on it once and it requires surgery again..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I just think it is amazing how quickly fans like Redsoxdude are ready to call someone a bust, after the guy has a record setting season the year before.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

I just think it is amazing how quickly fans like Redsoxdude are ready to call someone a bust, after the guy has a record setting season the year before.  

you clearly misinterpreted this thread, im not saying he is a bust....but when he gets injured in back to back playoff runs, it does make you think. gronk still has a long career ahead of him and he very well may turn around his career away from these injuries....but im not about to just brush this under the rug like everyone else has been doing...it seems like noone wants to talk about it because it just cant be true...well we'll see. i hope you guys are right, but it hasnt been pretty so far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

...but when he gets injured in back to back playoff runs, it does make you think.

It's obviously not making YOU think, because you're not taking into account what these injuries are.  They are contact injuries.  Pollard rolling up his back over his ankle, and then breaking an arm blocking.  These are not "injury-prone" type of injuries.  "Injury prone" goes to chronic injuries, such as pulled hammies, bad backs, biceps tears.  "Injury prone" means there is something about the player that gets him injured; neither of these injuries will have any effect on his future ability to stay on the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Gronk could be following in Shockey's footsteps.

Hurt all the time, but a great party animal.

He should have sat out Miami and today - probably next week too - all in hopes of playing in the SB.

Is he injury prone?  Who knows? - but he is always hurt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

...but when he gets injured in back to back playoff runs, it does make you think.

It's obviously not making YOU think, because you're not taking into account what these injuries are.  They are contact injuries.  Pollard rolling up his back over his ankle, and then breaking an arm blocking.  These are not "injury-prone" type of injuries.  "Injury prone" goes to chronic injuries, such as pulled hammies, bad backs, biceps tears.  "Injury prone" means there is something about the player that gets him injured; neither of these injuries will have any effect on his future ability to stay on the field.

well i hope you're right...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Pats will win with HoomyamIatightendaluatouchdown at TE next week.

But in the SB with two week sto prepare - it stinks that the other team won't have to gameplan for Gronk and hernandez.

Maybe this off season gronk should drink more milk and less booze. 

the last time gronk had milk was when he was sucking down a 24 oz frozen white russian, the night they lost the super bowl.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Pats will win with HoomyamIatightendaluatouchdown at TE next week.

But in the SB with two week sto prepare - it stinks that the other team won't have to gameplan for Gronk and hernandez.

Maybe this off season gronk should drink more milk and less booze. 

the last time gronk had milk was when he was sucking down a 24 oz frozen whiote russian the night they lost the super bowl.

the protein shakes arent enough? ha

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Injury prone?  Probably, too early to tell but for sure he's a big, big very very awkward kid and was never taught how to protect himself when the hit comes.  I know he's been here for two years or perhaps even longer so why hasn't the coaching staff sat this kid down and said here's the drill and the only way you're going to do things. 

All that money and he sits in the medical room!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Your right trade or cut him now!! Seriously, fact he was out 5 games this season Pats are used to not having him in lineup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

maybe he can wear the Darth Vader elbow pad like Watts....     :  )

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Depends on your definition. Is it just being injured and playing through it in a reduced capacity or is it missed games?

If it's based on missed games then which player is more injury prone? The player who misses two games each of 3 seasons in a row for 6 games total or the player who goes to IR early in a season and misses 14 games?

Depends what people really mean as well as how well they remember. Is someone later in the future questioned Woodhead as being injury prone, would they likely remember he only played 1 play in a game and then went out for the game? The official stats would just show as a game played and started.

Bottom line is if you don't have the same definition you will quickly likely be in a debate about it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i dont think that arm was healed...he shouldve not been out there imo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Gronk

2010 16 games

2011 16 games

2012 11 games

Hernandez

2010 14 games

2011 14 games