Gronk: Torn ACL per Schefter.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Re: Gronk: Torn ACL per Schefter.

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team is cursed.  God doesn't want Brady and BB to get a 4th ring.

It is incredible the amount of bad stuff and devastating injuries this team has sustained in 3-4 years.  

and of course it has to happen to the only real stud receiver Brady has had this year, in a year when Welker,  A Hernandez and Woodhead are gone.

Mayo Wilfork Kelly  done for year

Gronk Injured in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

49ers in 2011 had all 11 starters on defense play all 16 reg season games.

Broncos have barely any serious injuries on offense.

[/QUOTE]

Welker concussed again, their top Centers went down and each starting Tackle went down.

Denver is overrated with a garbage defense, but let's get the facts straight.

[/QUOTE]

I agree about Denver, but those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  Our defense is a shadow of what it was to start the season when  I felt they had a top 5 defense in the league.  Now... not so much. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to murghkhor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If it's torn ACL Gronk's pretty much done till the 2015 season. They'll make some noise about him being back by mid-season next year but he'll likely only do blocking stuff since he won't be able to run full speed till 2015. 

[/QUOTE]

This is a rather absurd conclusion to draw.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Welker concussed again, their top Centers went down and each starting Tackle went down.

Denver is overrated with a garbage defense, but let's get the facts straight.

[/QUOTE]

and they still score 40+ on anybody.

Our defense right now is much worse than theirs.

Now that Gronk is done,  you can't put our offense anywhere near their

The problem is that our offense is too reliant on Gronk

They have  D Thomas,  J Thomas, Welker,  Decker.  If one of them goes down, they will be fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In terms of the season, that's pretty unlucky. Long-term, he is lucky its only the torn ACL. Seemed a lot worse to me. 

How much longer does it take for a person to fully recover from a torn ACL and MCL?

[/QUOTE]

probably a whole year maybe even more.... so there may be a serious possibility that we dont even see gronk hit the field next year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to murghkhor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If it's torn ACL Gronk's pretty much done till the 2015 season. They'll make some noise about him being back by mid-season next year but he'll likely only do blocking stuff since he won't be able to run full speed till 2015. 

[/QUOTE]

This is a rather absurd conclusion to draw.

[/QUOTE]

Ya think? Peterson came back in seven months. Welker about nine. Worst case is a year. 

I said this before the season, I don't care if the guy plays a single regular season down, as long as he's healthy for the playoffs. Now I'm saying it again. Put him on the 2014 PUP list right now and don't play him until the last possible moment, I don't care if he's ready long before that. I want to see what the guy can do in the playoffs for once.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Nobody dare speak of it but I certainly will.  Yes, this injury would more than likely have occurred regardless of anything however, and here it comes... just maybe, this Gronk guy that runs like a truck and haphazardly for sure would have faired differently perhaps by virtue of being a much smarter runner facing hits.  What does that say, it says I don't blame Gronk for being Gronk either on the field or off but I do blame the Patriots organization for not teaching this guy how to play football so that he has a career instead of having to retire from football at age 24.  What a ... shame!  The business of football is not different than any other business where money is the kingpin and the heck... with personal lives!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nobody dare speak of it but I certainly will.  Yes, this injury would more than likely have occurred regardless of anything however, and here it comes... just maybe, this Gronk guy that runs like a truck and haphazardly for sure would have faired differently perhaps by virtue of being a much smarter runner facing hits.  What does that say, it says I don't blame Gronk for being Gronk either on the field or off but I do blame the Patriots organization for not teaching this guy how to play football so that he has a career instead of having to retire from football at age 24.  What a ... shame!  The business of football is not different than any other business where money is the kingpin and the heck... with personal lives!

[/QUOTE]

Right, because that hit was easily avoided. 

Yeesh, folks...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only thing better is a Brady torn ACL...maybe next week.  At lease with Gronk being out it will slow down the already weak Patriots offsense that could only score 3 pts on the Browns for 3 quarters today and needed the refs to bail them out at the end on a BS PI call.

[/QUOTE]

Ok Governor Lepetomane

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Any good TE's in the draft or FA next season.  We will need at least one.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Gronk is done till 2015

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Well whatever it is, I can't imagine given the way it looked that he will be back anytime soon. 

Gronks impact on the offense cannot be Overstated. We miraculously went from like 15th in ppg to first. Redone production way, way up. 3rd down conversion way up as well. 

Normally I would say the pats chance of winning a SB this year given all the injuries would be zero, however, there is something about this team. It might just be enough to get them to the SB, and once there, I like our chances in cold weather, snow, wind even without Gronk. 

PI think it has as much if not more impact on the run game and play action Than our passing game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, because that hit was easily avoided. 

Yeesh, folks...

[/QUOTE]

Actually the hit could of and should have been avoided.  Go back and read my post!  If the stupid Patriots had put Gronk on a tight off field schedule and filled that time with teaching him how to play smart football and have a career instead of leting him do whatever he wants off field and then when on the field act like some kind of immature hulk and run like a rumbling truck convinced he's a superman and can run not over but through defenses.  Obviously, the Patriots only want any player to throw their lives onto the field and win not matter the cost!  Who knows, had the Patriots done their job and grabbed Hernandez aside the outcome of that fiasco might have been different.  In my opinion Hernandez was a kid searching for something good to be a part of however, that task usually is impossible to accomplish without full-time support!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If it were someone else reporting it, I'd be a bit skeptical. 

Schefter usually has good sources.

Here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10103044/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-carted-leg-injury

[/QUOTE]

man i dont need any expert for that diagnoses unfortunately. The minute I saw him laying limp, moving his arm around, It was over. I actually thought at first he said "I broke my bleeping neck" and I almost fell out.  That would have been devastating and then I realized he said his leg. Obviously it wasnt broke but when it happens, thats what you think. When I tore my ruptured by patella tendon, I didnt know what happened, but I knew I was done. I couldnt move my leg and I knew I needed surgery cuz I heard the pop. Its like very painful funny bone feeling that goes through you when it happens. Awful for me cuz I relive it everytime I see one on tv. Reminded me of Mcgahee who I thought would never play again and ironically, his Old *ss was on still on the field and played longer than most RBs who maintain perfect health.

Gronk needs to just consult with others who have the injury, take his time and get right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

No Gronk, no problem.  Offense did just fine without him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually the hit could of and should have been avoided.  Go back and read my post!  If the stupid Patriots had put Gronk on a tight off field schedule and filled that time with teaching him how to play smart football and have a career instead of leting him do whatever he wants off field and then when on the field act like some kind of immature hulk and run like a rumbling truck convinced he's a superman and can run not over but through defenses.  Obviously, the Patriots only want any player to throw their lives onto the field and win not matter the cost!  Who knows, had the Patriots done their job and grabbed Hernandez aside the outcome of that fiasco might have been different.  In my opinion Hernandez was a kid searching for something good to be a part of however, that task usually is impossible to accomplish without full-time support!

[/QUOTE]

This pair of posts may set a new indoor-outdoor record for misperceptions, mischaracterizations and misunderstandings of how professionally run organizations like the New England Patriots conduct themselves.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This pair of posts may set a new indoor-outdoor record for misperceptions, mischaracterizations and misunderstandings of how professionally run organizations like the New England Patriots conduct themselves.  

[/QUOTE]

Ya right wingnut!  One $$$$ guy in frkn jail charged with murder and another $$$$ (to some the franchise...) in the hospital more than he's out in the fresh air!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

No Gronk, no problem.  Offense did just fine without him.

[/QUOTE]

Did you see the red zone numbers without gronk? Horrific.

that being said, I do think they are better equipped to succeed now due to the rookies growth. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Bummer. A sad day for sure. Browns coaches need to show their players how to tackle. You tackle by wrapping your arms around the torso, not launching your helmet into someone's knee.

Sections
Shortcuts