Gronk: Torn ACL per Schefter.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Gronk: Torn ACL per Schefter.

If it were someone else reporting it, I'd be a bit skeptical. 

Schefter usually has good sources.

Here is the link:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10103044/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-carted-leg-injury

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Gronk: Torn ACL per Schefter.

What an injury riddled season and the Pats are 10 - 3!  Of all players, other than Brady, to lose now.  Just when it seemed other pieces were starting to fit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If it's just the Acl he's lucky...I thought his entire knee was blown out.

Cleveland deserved to lose the game as the D back clearly targeted Gronks knee...it was not an accident.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I feel bad for the kid.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

There goes the season right there this not good needs probably draft another TE with Gronk hope Gronks comes back healthy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to akoko's comment:

There goes the season right there this not good needs probably draft another TE with Gronk hope Gronks comes back healthy

I dunno.....this seems to be the season of never say never!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Others saying potential hyperextension, and/or ONLY an MCL injury, which would be much better than an ACL.

We shall see.

Gronk was taken to the hospital, though. That's not good news.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

That miracle win took the sting off the loss of Gronk a touch, but this is very hard news to hear.  There is no TE in the game that teams fear like Gronk... without him, it is a less potent offense for sure.  Two games this year we have come out as flat and as poor as I have ever seen.  This game and and the Bengals game... without Gronk we couldn't overcome that poor start, with him we did. 

I hope we can continue to get it done without Gronk, but if earlier in the year was any indicator it will be tough.  We saw the affect of a Gronkless offense in the playoffs before... difference is that Bill has some time to game plan before the playoffs this time around.

Talib... you are next on waiting for the other shoe to drop with injuries!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Huge loss- again. Horrible injury for Gronk. He will be the bionic man. NFL is a brutal sport and Pats have had a brutal year of injuries. Still do not think taking a player out by the knee should be allowed. Knees cannot withstand that kind of hit. I don't have the answer- but QB's can't be the only protected "species" in the game. Gronk is dealing with back, arm, and now leg injuries. Ouch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I can't help but think of the Waterboy with Gronk down

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I feel bad for the kid.  

Me too man i've felt awful since it happened, how unlucky can someone be!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

It just won't end... I was at the game and right where it happened. Looked really bad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

It just won't end... I was at the game and right where it happened. Looked really bad.

How the heck did you get outta there that quick?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Was that Gronk that we heard yelling?  He seemed to be in agonizing pain

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In terms of the season, that's pretty unlucky. Long-term, he is lucky its only the torn ACL. Seemed a lot worse to me. 

How much longer does it take for a person to fully recover from a torn ACL and MCL?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Others saying potential hyperextension, and/or ONLY an MCL injury, which would be much better than an ACL.

We shall see.

Gronk was taken to the hospital, though. That's not good news.

Seems like wishful thinking.  It looked really, really bad. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

How the heck did you get outta there that quick?

I'm using my phone. 

And yeah, he was in a ton of pain. Idk how it looked on TV, but it looked BAD live.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Yeah, he said, "I think I broke my fkn leg" in a very painful voice... I knew it was a season ending injury right there.  Then they replayed the hit and it was confirmed in my mind.  I'm glad the team did him a solid and continued on and got the win.

I thought we lost Gronk a few games back when he was hit low and hobbled off the field on MNF I believe.  He came back and had a good game, but I remember the pit in my stomach seeing him get hit low earlier this season.  The league has to make changes after this so people aren't going for season and career ending knee injuries instead of concussions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

This team is cursed.  God doesn't want Brady and BB to get a 4th ring.

It is incredible the amount of bad stuff and devastating injuries this team has sustained in 3-4 years.  

and of course it has to happen to the only real stud receiver Brady has had this year, in a year when Welker,  A Hernandez and Woodhead are gone.

Mayo Wilfork Kelly  done for year

Gronk Injured in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

49ers in 2011 had all 11 starters on defense play all 16 reg season games.

Broncos have barely any serious injuries on offense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

If it's torn ACL Gronk's pretty much done till the 2015 season. They'll make some noise about him being back by mid-season next year but he'll likely only do blocking stuff since he won't be able to run full speed till 2015. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Yeah, he said, "I think I broke my fkn leg" in a very painful voice... I knew it was a season ending injury right there.  Then they replayed the hit and it was confirmed in my mind.  I'm glad the team did him a solid and continued on and got the win.

I thought we lost Gronk a few games back when he was hit low and hobbled off the field on MNF I believe.  He came back and had a good game, but I remember the pit in my stomach seeing him get hit low earlier this season.  The league has to make changes after this so people aren't going for season and career ending knee injuries instead of concussions.

Yup. I would have every player and the players wife or sig other sign off on the risks. Agree to some sort of predetermined protocol monetarily and medically. Then let them go with a target zone of above the thigh. The knee is the least protected major body part on a player. You think a heavy weight boxer or mma fighter has less head trauma then a fkn football player...no way. Never. 

Sections
Shortcuts