Gronk Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Gronk Update

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Insiders Monday that "it's not realistic" to expect Rob Gronkowski (back) to play in Week 1 against the Bills. We've considered Gronkowski "doubtful" for Week 1 all along. Now the decision will come down to whether Gronk should go on the reserve/PUP list, which would cost him the first six games of the season. The Patriots don't have to make that call for another few weeks. Look for Zach Sudfeld to flirt with TE1 fantasy value for as long as Gronkowski is out. Gronkowski is still worth considering in the third and fourth rounds of fantasy drafts because he's a massive week-to-week difference maker whenever he dresses - rotoworld.com  

As most of us thought anyways...  I think he should go on PUP.  Don't rush this.    Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Re: Gronk Update

If he's ready to go, let him play..if he's not 100% then save him for the long run..The key here though is Ballard and Sudfeld..if Ballard is healthy then I think he goes on PUP if he's 80% they won't have to rush him..now if Ballard goes down before the season starts I think they put him out there if he's at the most 80% healthy..Best case scenario he goes on PUP and Ballard,Sudfeld,Fells and hooman handle the TE position till week 8...

But we'll be alright whatever the outcome is!!! We have Brady!!!

" Don't Judge Me Untill You've Become Perfect "

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I hear ya Leo.  My thought is this...  if the Doctors say he needs till October, then put him on the PUP regardless and give him the extra rest to heal and hit the weights.  Drink 10 gallons of milk a day and get ready for the playoffs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Caution times 10 thousand. I don't want Gronk back until he is 1000%. PUP is a no brainer. We should be able to go 5-1 to start so let the kid be as healthy as a new colt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I would rather have Gronk PUPed. Brady already plays favorites with Amendola, which I think will hurt the rookie WRs' development in the long run. If Gronk comes back, Suddsy's development will also suffer.

Zach "Don't call me 'Suddsy'" Sudfeld

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

I would rather have Gronk PUPed. Brady already plays favorites with Amendola, which I think will hurt the rookie WRs' development in the long run. If Gronk comes back, Suddsy's development will also suffer.

He played favorites with Thompkins in the first preseason game... just saying.  But I join your fear that he turns Amendola into Wes 2.0, because I miss seeing him sling it around to the open guy.  Let's stay cautiously optimistic. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Insiders Monday that "it's not realistic" to expect Rob Gronkowski (back) to play in Week 1 against the Bills. We've considered Gronkowski "doubtful" for Week 1 all along. Now the decision will come down to whether Gronk should go on the reserve/PUP list, which would cost him the first six games of the season. The Patriots don't have to make that call for another few weeks. Look for Zach Sudfeld to flirt with TE1 fantasy value for as long as Gronkowski is out. Gronkowski is still worth considering in the third and fourth rounds of fantasy drafts because he's a massive week-to-week difference maker whenever he dresses - rotoworld.com  

As most of us thought anyways...  I think he should go on PUP.  Don't rush this.    Thoughts?

Here's the link:

http://tracking.si.com/2013/08/19/report-rob-gronkowski-not-likely-to-play-in-patriots-opener/?sct=nfl_t2_a3

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Although the Patriots are pleased with Rob Gronkowski's recovery from back surgery, a source familiar with the situation reiterated to ESPN's Adam Schefter it would be a "huge stretch" to think Gronk plays in Week 1.

"It's a huge stretch to think he could play against the Bills," one source said. Another source insisted Gronkowski "looks great, is doing great," even if Week 1 is unrealistic. The Patriots will decide in early September whether to place Gronkowski on the reserve/PUP list. All we know for now is the Pats like his progress, but acknowledge he won't play Opening Day.   Well we have another 'update'.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Who really is fretting over the development of a UFA?

Sections
Shortcuts