Gronk Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Gronk Update

Updating an earlier item, Profootballtalk reports Dr. James Andrews will make the final call on Rob Gronkowski's (back, forearm) Week 6 status, but that he's expected to play.

ESPN's Ed Werder confirmed as much in a similar report. The Patriots obviously aren't going to tip their hand — it's the Patriots — but owners who have been stashing Gronk for five weeks can finally plan on trotting out their TE1. The only catch is that New England/New Orleans doesn't kick off until 4:25 ET, so owners might not know Gronk's officially official status when setting their lineups Sunday morning. Gronk's status figures to be updated every day this week.

James Andrews is the guy who worked on Griffins knee, right?  If so, this guy would not give a call on an injury unless he was 100% confident in the injury, which I like and I hope Gronk is 100% healthy.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: Gronk Update

Thanks for the update. I was looking for just this. I hope he can finally play.

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

NP Raptor, surprised no one else commented to be honest.  

Must be that the Jets trolls are out and pissing contests have resumed.  

And there is a thread asking if a guy, who has caught almost as many touchdowns as games played, can help the team.   LOL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

And there is a thread asking if a guy, who has caught almost as many touchdowns as games played, can help the team.   LOL.

I wonder if it was the same thread and same guy who said that it's not Brady's job to work with the wide receivers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

I wonder if it was the same thread and same guy who said that it's not Brady's job to work with the wide receivers.

[/QUOTE]

If someone actually said that... wow.  I guess TB should pratice with the Dline then, that makes far more sense.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

If someone actually said that... wow.  I guess TB should pratice with the Dline then, that makes far more sense.  

I kid you not.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/brady-was-moping-andy-gresh/100/6838046?ia=21148829

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Do you guys mean the sky is not falling and things could possibly get better, that can't be right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Do you guys mean the sky is not falling and things could possibly get better, that can't be right?

LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Wozzy, the sky was never falling. This team is obviously not like past teams that were good to go right out of the gate. This team is going to continue to get better and it will be enjoyable to watch them build an offensive identity as the season progressess. There will be slip ups and growing pains along the way but by playoff time they will be one of the favorites.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

I kid you not.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/brady-was-moping-andy-gresh/100/6838046?ia=21148829

[/QUOTE]

LOL, that is the dumbest post of the year.  Congrats NAS!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wozzy, the sky was never falling. This team is obviously not like past teams that were good to go right out of the gate. This team is going to continue to get better and it will be enjoyable to watch them build an offensive identity as the season progressess. There will be slip ups and growing pains along the way but by playoff time they will be one of the favorites.

Agreed, mine was part satire.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I kid you not.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, that is the dumbest post of the year.  Congrats NAS!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I was utterly astonished at that post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I kid you not.

You know whats even MORE crazy. Just a few years ago when guys like T.Price, B.Tate were falling left and right, there was a debate going. I questioned Bradys ability to work young recievers and sited Eli having success with rookies like Manningham, Cruz, Nicks, S.Mith etc and that Brady hadnt done it since Branch and you know what....most of the board disagreed with me and said it was the Coaches job to work with WRs and Brady didnt have that responsibility and 3 years LATER Here I am DEFENDING Brady against practically the WHOLE board who thinks I cant admit Brady layed an egg! Cant make this UP I tell ya.

I used to give Brady more Chit than most but I realized it was BB who was bringin the players in and NONE of them went on to be ANYTHING so I had to cut him some slack with that..but yea....Crazy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Save Gronkowski for the Jets and Dolphins games.  It just doesn't make sense to play him in the Saints game unless they give him a little time here and there to get ready for the division games.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Updating an earlier item, Profootballtalk reports Dr. James Andrews will make the final call on Rob Gronkowski's (back, forearm) Week 6 status, but that he's expected to play.

ESPN's Ed Werder confirmed as much in a similar report. The Patriots obviously aren't going to tip their hand — it's the Patriots — but owners who have been stashing Gronk for five weeks can finally plan on trotting out their TE1. The only catch is that New England/New Orleans doesn't kick off until 4:25 ET, so owners might not know Gronk's officially official status when setting their lineups Sunday morning. Gronk's status figures to be updated every day this week.   James Andrews is the guy who worked on Griffins knee, right?  If so, this guy would not give a call on an injury unless he was 100% confident in the injury, which I like and I hope Gronk is 100% healthy.  

Dr. Andrews is calling the shots....ya don't say...I'm totally shocked at this I tell ya, shocked.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

we will see--hopefully

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Save Gronkowski for the Jets and Dolphins games.  It just doesn't make sense to play him in the Saints game unless they give him a little time here and there to get ready for the division games.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

True enough, the division games are (as always) the key to any success the Pats might have. I'm still tempted to say that there's simply no way the flotsam and jetsam (hee hee) that is the rest of the AFC East has caught up to New England, but after watching the mighty Cincy Bungholes make the Pats look like a high school team and then hearing that Atlanta couldn't handle the green team from New Jersey . . .   well . . .  I'm still temtped to say it . . .

bit I'm not gonna.

Wink

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This game will determine who is the better TE of the two, Jimmy Graham or Robert Gronkowski.

Sections
Shortcuts