Gronkowski Cleared By Doctors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Gronkowski Cleared By Doctors

From Mike Reiss on Twitter:

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
    Bill Belichick says Rob Gronkowski has been cleared by doctors. He is not being placed on active/PUP list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Gronkowski Cleared By Doctors

Now, for crying out loud Gronk, stay healthy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

This means absolutely nothing.

What we need to know is if he has been cleared by his father.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your jeaously is delicious, bustchise.  No one can even name the jets te.

updated your user name spreadsheet in that basement yet?  Must be tough to keep all the emails and passwords together for use here, huh?

dahmer used to do things like that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I have heard all the Gronk can't stay healthy comments and I watch the games nervously as he plays like a mad man - but that is also why he is the best TE in the game. They need to monitor the minutes he plays. 

One other thing to consider - these athletes are amazing. To be ready for training camp after the hit he took on the knee - every year these guys amaze me. Adrian Peterson, Welker, - damn, even Hoyer coming back.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That's the million dollar question as the O will be made or break whether he's on the field or not. I really hope he stays healthy all season as (other than Brady) he's our only game changer on O right now.

It is a good sign he's been cleared early though. Gives him time to knock off the rust and get the knee up to speed by the time the weather gets a bit colder. He may be cleared but it might take some time for that knee to feel right so the sooner he's on the field the better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

updated your user name spreadsheet in that basement yet?  Must be tough to keep all the emails and passwords together for use here, huh?

[/QUOTE]

Why can't you be more like rkarp and offer something of sustenance regarding our beloved Pats. It's either insults or Brady bashing. You were most certainly picked last at recess if your envy towards TB is any indication. Classic over compensation. I seriously question if your a pats fan sometimes. Your delusional insistence on arguing often supersedes any and all sports related points you are trying to make. Take a hiatus and let us real fans enjoy our team via intelligent banter. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why can't you be more like rkarp and offer something of sustenance regarding our beloved Pats. It's either insults or Brady bashing. You were most certainly picked last at recess if your envy towards TB is any indication. Classic over compensation. I seriously question if your a pats fan sometimes. Your delusional insistence on arguing often supersedes any and all sports related points you are trying to make. Take a hiatus and let us real fans enjoy our team via intelligent banter. 

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, "The Kruger".

Hey!  Why not bring out "Cousteau"?  Why did you ditch that so soon?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jeff Cumberland, Jace Amaro....

Here's to a full 19-20 games from Gronk!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

I just hope and pray he can remain healthy for a full season, he does make our Offence so much more dynamic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That's the million dollar question as the O will be made or break whether he's on the field or not. I really hope he stays healthy all season as (other than Brady) he's our only game changer on O right now.

It is a good sign he's been cleared early though. Gives him time to knock off the rust and get the knee up to speed by the time the weather gets a bit colder. He may be cleared but it might take some time for that knee to feel right so the sooner he's on the field the better.

[/QUOTE]

I know you are gonna respond with more speculation about injuries and rightfully so but I would put Vareen into the game changing category when healthy as well. When he is on the field, there are only a handful of LB's in the game that can contain him in the passing game. Last year vs the Browns, he had 12 catches for 153 and a TD. Thats almost the same production we got from Ocho in ONE year for 6 million. I think Vareen is in the Gronk category as being needed for this offense to reach its potential. Hopefully they utilize him in a way he can stay healthy and White should help with that. Last year Vareen was the only back who could catch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

GRONK!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The good news is that the Patriots study players with injuries and have found no correlation between a past injury and the ability to predict future injuries. Their we have it, Belichick cannot actually predict the future.

COMMENTARY
    Camp brings new list of questions
    Finally, beginning Thursday at Gillette, the Patriots will start providing answers
    Updated: July 22, 2014, 1:01 PM ET
    By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

Q. With tight end Nate Byham filling the final spot on the roster, and Byham coming off a torn ACL, I have to ask the question: Why does Bill Belichick keep signing injured players? I love BB as a coach but as a GM do you think he does too much business with his friends Greg Schiano, Nick Saban, etc. than he does by listening to his scouts on healthy players? -- Dave (Woodland Hills, California)

A. Dave, I don't think this is the type of signing where Bill Belichick is overruling scouts or relying too much on the information of a trusted voice in Schiano the way maybe he did with former Florida coach Urban Meyer in the past. We're talking about a blocking tight end here at very little financial risk to fill out the depth chart for training camp. I do think one part of the question that warrants more exploration is the idea that a healthy player is a better signing than one coming off an injury. That line of thinking makes sense to me, but as we saw with first-round pick Dominique Easley (two torn ACLs at Florida), the Patriots don't always see it that way. They've done extensive studies on the topic and have determined that there is little to no connection with past injuries and forecasting future injuries. I like the topic and think it's especially interesting this year with the Easley pick. I'd love to do more with it in the future.

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheKruger. Show TheKruger's posts

Now to see if he can stay healthy..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

great news, now no more special teams, and limit the seam routes so he doesn't get blown up again. Down and ins with ball throw low, down and outs using the sideline to escape the big hit, but go for it hard on the goal line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you mean.  other players stop trying to end his career.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey, what about Sudfeld?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know you are gonna respond with more speculation about injuries and rightfully so but I would put Vareen into the game changing category when healthy as well. When he is on the field, there are only a handful of LB's in the game that can contain him in the passing game. Last year vs the Browns, he had 12 catches for 153 and a TD. Thats almost the same production we got from Ocho in ONE year for 6 million. I think Vareen is in the Gronk category as being needed for this offense to reach its potential. Hopefully they utilize him in a way he can stay healthy and White should help with that. Last year Vareen was the only back who could catch

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not sure I agree with Vereen healthy or not. Even when healthy he's been very good but really hasn't shown to be a game changer. That's been shown as he wasn't used as the lead back even when healthy. When I think of game changers for RB's I think AP, Foster, McCoy, Forte, Lynch types. I'm not even sure I'd put Vereen in the top 20 of backs out there. Heck, I think Ridley might be the better back of the 2 and White might turn out to be a better back than Vereen (similar skill sets).

With the Ocho comparison, I mean come on compare any player looks great compared to Ocho doesn't mean they are in elite territory and there is no way I come close to putting Vereen on the same level as Gronk. Difference being when Vereens on the field other teams treat him like any other back, when Gronk's on the field teams double and triple layer protection just for him. To me that says Vereen, while good in flashes, isn't a game changer but Gronk is on multiple levels. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

That great news. It is all about the health for Gronk.. I still would take caution with him.. Not only in camp but in the preseason games to. But over all great news.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not sure I agree with Vereen healthy or not. Even when healthy he's been very good but really hasn't shown to be a game changer. That's been shown as he wasn't used as the lead back even when healthy. When I think of game changers for RB's I think AP, Foster, McCoy, Forte, Lynch types. I'm not even sure I'd put Vereen in the top 20 of backs out there. Heck, I think Ridley might be the better back of the 2 and White might turn out to be a better back than Vereen (similar skill sets).

With the Ocho comparison, I mean come on compare any player looks great compared to Ocho doesn't mean they are in elite territory and there is no way I come close to putting Vereen on the same level as Gronk. Difference being when Vereens on the field other teams treat him like any other back, when Gronk's on the field teams double and triple layer protection just for him. To me that says Vereen, while good in flashes, isn't a game changer but Gronk is on multiple levels. 

[/QUOTE]

Anyway you effect the game positively is good. Vareen never ran the ball more than 10 times last year in a game. Thats not his MO here although he is good in between the tackles. The guys you mentioned are "featured" power backs who carry the load. We dont do that here. My point was that in the passing game, he is very effective and matched up vs LB's, its usually the best matchup on the field. Why does he need to be the lead back to be a game changer. You dont think Darren Sproles was a game changer?  When you line up outside and beat a linebacker 60 yards down the sideline for a TD, I call that changing the game. I guess we differ. History sais you are making a mountain of a molehill. Every year for the past few years we have griped about weapons yet there we are ranked in the top 3 at the end of the every year. Why do the Pats even need the # 1 offense again and how did that work for us in the 6 years??  Think Defense dude. We are better, we dont need a million game changers on O Imo...BUT we do have a few. No Vareen is no Gronk but he is one of the best at what he does and has marshall Faulk ability and No teams dont treat him like any other back. They dedicate their best coverage backer on him, giving us a lesser guy that Gronk can try to exploit. Most teams dont have more than one good cover guy unless we talking Seattle/San Fran

What this team NEEDS IMO is a game changer in the kicking game. When was the last time we had a returner consistently breaking the 30 yard line???  Ellis Hobbs?!?!  Thats a long drought and something I hope will change this year but I dont know who it is. Maybe its the RB, White. BB likes using rookie Rbs in that role

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Anyway you effect the game positively is good. Vareen never ran the ball more than 10 times last year in a game. Thats not his MO here although he is good in between the tackles. The guys you mentioned are "featured" power backs who carry the load. We dont do that here. My point was that in the passing game, he is very effective and matched up vs LB's, its usually the best matchup on the field. Why does he need to be the lead back to be a game changer. You dont think Darren Sproles was a game changer?  When you line up outside and beat a linebacker 60 yards down the sideline for a TD, I call that changing the game. I guess we differ. History sais you are making a mountain of a molehill. Every year for the past few years we have griped about weapons yet there we are ranked in the top 3 at the end of the every year. Why do the Pats even need the # 1 offense again and how did that work for us in the 6 years??  Think Defense dude. We are better, we dont need a million game changers on O Imo...BUT we do have a few. No Vareen is no Gronk but he is one of the best at what he does and has marshall Faulk ability and No teams dont treat him like any other back. They dedicate their best coverage backer on him, giving us a lesser guy that Gronk can try to exploit. Most teams dont have more than one good cover guy unless we talking Seattle/San Fran

What this team NEEDS IMO is a game changer in the kicking game. When was the last time we had a returner consistently breaking the 30 yard line???  Ellis Hobbs?!?!  Thats a long drought and something I hope will change this year but I dont know who it is. Maybe its the RB, White. BB likes using rookie Rbs in that role

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

If that's your criteria for a game changer than Tate was a game changer too. But in really, he doesn't do it game in and game out and to me game changers do. Every player has a good game but the great ones, the ones that change the game, have them consistently week in and week out. It might just be how we define it though.

We've had great regular season O's but looked at last year specifically when Gronk wasn't in the game we lost almost a full TD a game and it's hard to say last years O didn't declare compared to when they had Welker and Gronk together along with Hern (that 3rd good threat I was talking about). You get another WR teams need to adjust for, Gronk stays healthy, and Edelman as that 3rd good threat and you have a fully functioning O. But, you can't count on Gronk and Edelman both being there and without Gronk this team can't put together drives in the post season. I don't think they need a #1 O but they do need an O that will function in the post season and the lack of more than 1 threat on the O during the post season really has been missing.

Now as I said I wouldn't do it at expense of improving the D. I've said multiple times I'm a D man and think that way 1st but I don't think they are exclusive one or the other. I do think they could have gotten 1 more weapon for the O and still made the same moves they made on D this year. 

I just don't see Vereen even close to the same level as Faulk. I think you pushing it there, even at Vereens best he was closer to Faulks worst. And no I didn't see them always put there best back on Vereen. I saw there best coverage LB on Gronk the vast majority of the time and their best CB mostly on Edelman. I saw more S coverage and slot CB coverage on Vereen then I did there #1 cover guys which is why Vereen got so many mismatches because he was getting #2/3 CB/LBs tossed out wide with him more often than their top cover guys and I don't think I saw Vereen doubled once. Vereen's good but lets not turn a molehill into a mountain here. Vereen is much closer to Kevin Faulk then he is Marshall Faulk

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

If that's your criteria for a game changer than Tate was a game changer too. But in really, he doesn't do it game in and game out and to me game changers do. Every player has a good game but the great ones, the ones that change the game, have them consistently week in and week out. It might just be how we define it though.

We've had great regular season O's but looked at last year specifically when Gronk wasn't in the game we lost almost a full TD a game and it's hard to say last years O didn't declare compared to when they had Welker and Gronk together along with Hern (that 3rd good threat I was talking about). You get another WR teams need to adjust for, Gronk stays healthy, and Edelman as that 3rd good threat and you have a fully functioning O. But, you can't count on Gronk and Edelman both being there and without Gronk this team can't put together drives in the post season. I don't think they need a #1 O but they do need an O that will function in the post season and the lack of more than 1 threat on the O during the post season really has been missing.

Now as I said I wouldn't do it at expense of improving the D. I've said multiple times I'm a D man and think that way 1st but I don't think they are exclusive one or the other. I do think they could have gotten 1 more weapon for the O and still made the same moves they made on D this year. 

I just don't see Vereen even close to the same level as Faulk. I think you pushing it there, even at Vereens best he was closer to Faulks worst. And no I didn't see them always put there best back on Vereen. I saw there best coverage LB on Gronk the vast majority of the time and their best CB mostly on Edelman. I saw more S coverage and slot CB coverage on Vereen then I did there #1 cover guys which is why Vereen got so many mismatches because he was getting #2/3 CB/LBs tossed out wide with him more often than their top cover guys and I don't think I saw Vereen doubled once. Vereen's good but lets not turn a molehill into a mountain here. Vereen is much closer to Kevin Faulk then he is Marshall Faulk

[/QUOTE]

Kevin Faulk is still a good benchmark. I said Vareen had M.Faulk potential and then there is the thing of gameplans. It changes week to week here. When Vareen was healthy he mostly produces when called on. IN the Playoffs vs Denver, they absoluteluy accounted for him with their best guy and thats why he wasnt that effective. The Fact Gronk was gone only made it easier to guard Vareen and vice versa. They help each other. Rarely was a CB matched up on Vareen and if so that proves my point that teams DO account for him. If you are wasting a CB to cover a RB, he Must be pretty good, no?

The fact that the Pats change their offense weekly shouldnt be a slight on Vareens ability. When everyone is healthy, this O will be very dangerous. Take just one guy and it changes but isnt that every team? I think you are expecting too much. Brady doesntt get paid peanuts, despite what some think here. Revis is getting 12 million. Who else you think they could have got on that budget?  Like I said, we went young. Why are we gonna go and pay $$ to a bunch of new free agents who may not work out and stunt the growth of 2nd year players? To do that would be foolish as we already paid the price in letting them play early. They can only get better and I suppose this unkown is a concern to you but sometime you have to wait and see.

I agree with backup Tight end being a concern but I dont worry about WR. if we cant win w/Gronk, Vareen, Dobson, Lafell, Edleman, Amendola, KT, than I dont think we can win it all. The D SHOULD win some games this year which hasnt happened often. This lessens the need for an Explosive offense and I still put the offense we have now above the one in SB years. Talent is there, just need to get the chemistry down and thats what preseason is for.

Oh and who were the WRs who played for Seattle?  The team that won the SB? Besides Harvin, Baldwin and a washed up Rice who didnt play? A no named guy in Kearse. We need our young guys to step up and if they dont, Blame BB for more bad draft picks cuz you cant always pay free agents cuz your drafts failed. We have what he have..Its enough if BB did his homework in regards to the guys he drafted.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does this mean we can get Sudfield back? He's a phenom...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you just list jeff cumberland?    Point proven.

Also, amaro looked awful in mini camp.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheKruger. Show TheKruger's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you just list jeff cumberland?    Point proven.

Also, amaro looked awful in mini camp.

[/QUOTE]

Yes Queenie...because mini camp means he will automatically suck. Idiot.