Gronkowski has been unstoppable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Gronkowski has been unstoppable

Boston Globe writer Greg A. Bedard writes about the Patriots practices-

"Gronkowski was back and dominating once again. Nobody can cover him on this team."

If he is tearing up our D like that day in and day out, imagine what he'll do when it counts!  I can't wait.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Gronkowski has been unstoppable

We've been hearing that since practices began. It's great news. If Brady and Gronk were on the same page in the playoff game last year, it could have been a different outcome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

i expect an 800-900 yard season for Hernandez. if gronk is as unstoppable as advertised, it could be a 2007-esque season, hopefully with a different outcome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Jeez.  Another Patriots dilemma.  Who to take for my fantasy football team, if I can.  I'm such a homer I'd reach for a Pats' TE.  Hernandez will get the yards, Gronk the TDs.  Damn!  Should be fun to watch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

Gronkowski is a touchdown machine..

.. saturday one of the idiots on 98.5 was going on and on about how the patriots and brady doesn't have any weapons and not enough to make the superbowl, saying brady cqnt win without big time weapons.. he said that is why they lost the game to the jets last year and that they would never be able to score on teams like the jets and steelers.. didn't they score near 40 in pittsburg last year and 45 or so against the jets?  this team has many more "weapons" than any of their superbowl teams..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Yea people have been saying he's been the best out of the talented group of weapons Brady has to choose from. The potential for this team is limitless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I've heard an argument that other teams are going to watch Gronk more in the endzone, and that BB will play Gronk more outside the endzone.  I'm not sure. 

When Brady has oodles of targets and 40 yards to work with, he'll hit whoever isn't blocking for him.  Gronk is often blocking. 

On the 1 yard line, Gronk has to walk 1 yard forward and leap high into the air and then he's wide open.  No would-be blitzer can get to Brady in that instant, no one outside of the NBA leaps that high, and Brady can hit a little dink pass while in a coma.  If Gronkowski should ever miss the catch, the pass sails harmlessly out the back of the endzone.

So, expect a lot of 1 yard touchdown passes, which count just as many points as 40 yard touchdown passes, except in fantasy leagues.  However, Gronk is only wide open when he's not busy blocking, and all of Brady's other targets will be wide open in the meantime, getting the first look.  If Gronkowski were on the Jets he'd be the only receiver that Sanchez could see on the whole field, but this is New England, the competition is way tough, the number of offensive plays is limited and, thanks in part to Gronkowski again, running plays are fun.

Sections
Shortcuts