Gronkowski to have a huge game vs. Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Gronkowski to have a huge game vs. Jets

Just a prediction but I don't think he played much as a plan against the Jets.  If Revis shuts down moss, and we find ourselves unable to run the ball against the Jets D, then only a few more players will be available to step up.  I predict Gronkowski will break out in a big way.  

Other options-
    Welker
    Hernandez (aka Weapon X)
    Crumpler

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Gronkowski to have a huge game vs. Jets

Welker is going to have a huge game. If the Jets are forced to double both Moss and Welker then the Tight Ends will definitely have an insane game.

Don't even get me started if Edelman is healthy...

The Pats offense this year is downright scary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

You know what's kinda strange?  I was looking at the Ravens/Jets game stats and Revis didn't have one single tackle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Gronkowski to have a huge game vs. Jets:
    [QUOTE]You know what's kinda strange?  I was looking at the Ravens/Jets game stats and Revis didn't have one single tackle.
    Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]
    He did knock Boldin into next week on Cromartie's pick return. All made possible be his closing speed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

thats because they didnt throw at him. they didnt need too. cromartie and wilson were to busy getting burned and penalized...cant wait to see what our guys do to those two!

[QUOTE]You know what's kinda strange?  I was looking at the Ravens/Jets game stats and Revis didn't have one single tackle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i was thinking the same thing about gronk last night after seeing heap burn leonard. and heap doesnt have any speed. leonard is about 5"8, which comes up to about gronk's knees. he and hernandez should be primed for huge games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Wilson looked absolutely terrible.  Revis might or might not shut down Moss, but that entire matchup is a red-herring. The real issue has nothing to do with this matchup, except for the salivating the media will do this week.

Wilson cannot cover Welker; neither can Cromartie.  And Gronkowski is going to light up big time next week.  Jets' fans are going to find their stadium a bit quiet next week, except for the boos raining down at game's end, much like last night's game.

The loudest sound in the fourth quarter last night was the noise created when Lewis put that hit on Keller.  Nothing is as gratifying as hearing silence in the Meadowlands.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFCMal. Show SFCMal's posts

Agreed with Gronk to have a break out game, but also in the middle of the feild Hernandez ought to give them fits especially if he has more of those YAC like he had against the Bungles

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]Wilson looked absolutely terrible.  Revis might or might not shut down Moss, but that entire matchup is a red-herring. The real issue has nothing to do with this matchup, except for the salivating the media will do this week. Wilson cannot cover Welker; neither can Cromartie.  And Gronkowski is going to light up big time next week.  Jets' fans are going to find their stadium a bit quiet next week, except for the boos raining down at game's end, much like last night's game. The loudest sound in the fourth quarter last night was the noise created when Lewis put that hit on Keller.  Nothing is as gratifying as hearing silence in the Meadowlands.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you here. I'll even say Moss wins the matchup if he constantly draws safety help and doesn't catch a single pass all game. I like our chances if it's 10 on 9.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Our short passing game will become our "running" game for this matchup.  The TE's will be a big part of it.  Gronk may indeed have a banner day.  I don't think Brady will have time to wait for Moss to get downfield anyway.  As others have said, the Revis/Moss matchup is a red herring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I am not saying that shrimp arms Wilson cannot improve, but I am so glad we took McCourty over him.  We won that draft battle so far by a mile.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

first play should be Brady...long to Moss.........make them think

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]first play should be Brady...long to Moss.........make them think
    Posted by sday4x45[/QUOTE]

We can only hope that our O-Line gives Brady enough time to go long for Moss on the first play.  More likely Moss will be about 5 yards downfield before Brady has to throw the ball.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Gronk is unstoppable in the red zone!  As long as he remains healthy, I see the Pats going all the way!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pooh0302. Show pooh0302's posts

Carrying on the great University of Arizona tradition Tedy Bruschi began with the Patriots... hope Gronkowski has a great year.  He spent most of last year in Tucson injured, otherwise the Wildcats might have challenged for the Rose Bowl.  Go Pats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Q: When Hernandez is in the game, who do the Jets have (trying) to cover him?  

If it's Wilson, what a mismatch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Gronkowski to have a huge game vs. Jets:
    [QUOTE]Just a prediction but I don't think he played much as a plan against the Jets.  If Revis shuts down moss, and we find ourselves unable to run the ball against the Jets D, then only a few more players will be available to step up.  I predict Gronkowski will break out in a big way.   Other options- Welker Hernandez (aka Weapon X) Crumpler

I think it may be Hernandez who has the big game. I think the Pats are going to have trouble running the ball, even without Jenkins in the middle. The key to winning is going to be giving Brady time to throw against the blitz-crazy green, which means that Crump, Gronk and Taylor/Faulk have to come up HUGE in protection. With Revis on Moss, there should be plenty of space underneath for Welker, Edelman and Hernandez, with a couple of deep shots to Tate for good measure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]Q: When H ernandez is in the game, who do the Jets have (trying) to cover him?   If it's Wilson, what a mismatch. Dish Network
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]
    Their top three CBs will be covering Moss, Welker, and Tate. That means most of the time they'd be covering the TEs with Leonard or LBs like we saw against the Ravens. If they use Wilson to cover a TE and the Pats have three receivers spread out then that means a WR would be on a fourth string CB, LB, or safety. Either way they're going to have their hands full.

I don't think they can afford to double cover any receivers. They're going to need to get to Brady as quickly as possible. The TEs and slot receivers are going to have a big day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gronkowski to have a huge game vs. Jets : Their top three CBs will be covering Moss, Welker, and Tate. That means most of the time they'd be covering the TEs with Leonard or LBs like we saw against the Ravens. If they use Wilson to cover a TE and the Pats have three receivers spread out then that means a WR would be on a fourth string CB, LB, or safety. Either way they're going to have their hands full. I don't think they can afford to double cover any receivers. They're going to need to get to Brady as quickly as possible. The TEs and slot receivers are going to have a big day.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

Indeed, Hobo, and they really only have one top corner. And don't forget Mr. Faulk!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

[QUOTE]Q: When H ernandez is in the game, who do the Jets have (trying) to cover him?   If it's Wilson, what a mismatch. Dish Network
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure.  Leonard?

That's a great question.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I think Gronkowski is perfect for a game like this, a big guy that will make their defenders wary of going in to hit him because he hits back.