Gronkowski's surgery timeline set

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Gronkowski's surgery timeline set

GNOTD: Rob Gronkowski's Surgery Timeline is Set

By Richard Hill @PP_Rich_Hill on Dec 16 2013, 5:00p 14

Jim Rogash

Happy days! Some good(ish) news!

Some positive news on the injury front. NFL Network's, and former Boston Globe leading man, Albert Breer is reporting that Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has a torn ACL/MCL but not a dislocated knee. The expected time frame for Gronk is to have surgery in two weeks once the swelling has gone down. Breer also states that the expectation is that Gronk will be ready for the start of the 2014 season.

Had the knee been dislocated, Dr. David Chao, a former NFL team doctor, says that surgery could have been postponed even further and that the surgery could have possibly needed two stages to complete. Instead, the recovery timeline is moved forward and the number of immediate surgeries is reduced.

Of course, nothing is certain with Rob Gronkowski and his injuries. This past off-season, he underwent multiple surgeries for what should have been a simple healing process. Hopefully this go-round is much more simple for the elite tight end.

Breer also reports that renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews will be performing the surgery on Gronk's knee. The list of players that Andrews has fixed up includes Emmitt Smith, Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, and Adrian Peterson, as well as stars of other sports like Michael Jordan and Rajon Rondo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Gronkowski's surgery timeline set

highly, HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt we see gronk anywhere near the field until week 7. pup his butt now and save the bs. let this guy get 110% not 95% and trot him before he's ready. he's our futuree

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Hope Gronk recoveres as well as Adrian Peterson and others who were operated on by Dr. Andrews, and has none of the complications he went through with his forearm injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

The docs are currently coming up with a whole array of new techniques that can cut recovery time in half....he could well be ready by the beginning of the season...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

maybe his daddy will let him play by week 10.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Wonder if they will install a new iPad mini or something "Gronkrageuous" in his new Knee. Sort of a modern take on Steve austin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

I really hope he is not ready to get back on field until around playoff time. So PATS can make a run at SB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Glad to see Gronk has chosen Dr. Andrews over Dr. Tom Gill (Pats guy).  Nothing against Gill, but one bad experience would be enough for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I'm not sure it really matters as he'll just get seriously injured again once he starts playing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Good info.  Be interesting to see how Gronk progresses through his recovery.  We'll see him when we see him.  Question I would have is:  After he's been cleared will we see any change in his playing style?  If I recall correctly, the ankle and knee injuries were post-reception while he was fighting for more yac. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Good info.  Be interesting to see how Gronk progresses through his recovery.  We'll see him when we see him.  Question I would have is:  After he's been cleared will we see any change in his playing style?  If I recall correctly, the ankle and knee injuries were post-reception while he was fighting for more yac. 

I think his style of always playing on full throttle has gotten him injured.  He is such an elite talent that he should go at full throttle only for playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts