Gronk's 4th surgery to take place Monday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Gronk's 4th surgery to take place Monday

2h

Rob Gronkowski's fourth arm surgery will take place Monday, if not sooner, according to .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Gronk's 4th surgery to take place Monday

Around the League   Rob Gronkowski's fourth arm surgery is imminent  
    • By Dan Hanzus
    • Around the League Writer
    • Published: May 16, 2013 at 07:42 p.m.
    • Updated: May 16, 2013 at 08:32 p.m.

Rob Gronkowski is heading back to the operating table.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday on "NFL Total Access" that the New England Patriots tight end's fourth arm surgery is imminent, according to two sources informed of Gronkowski's prognosis. The plan is for the surgery to happen Monday, though it could happen earlier. Gronkowski had X-rays taken Wednesday as a precursor to surgery.

The Patriots expect Gronkowski to be ready for training camp, but they won't know have a true idea on his timetable until the plate in his arm is replaced. The plan is to go in and see if the infection has persisted.

If the infection has cleared -- Gronkowski has been on antibiotics -- no more surgeries are planned. If not, Rapoport reports there will almost certainly be a fifth surgery that would make it unlikely he'd be ready for training camp.

In other words, the Patriots are holding their breath. One more setback -- and there have already been a few -- and the Patriots will have every reason for legitimate concern.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I remember the old days, before Dr.'s and Hospitals started using plates and screws for the sole purpose of making huge cash from an unnecessary surgery, when they would put a cast on it for 8 weeks then you were as good as new.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I remember the old days, before Dr.'s and Hospitals started using plates and screws for the sole purpose of making huge cash from an unnecessary surgery, when they would put a cast on it for 8 weeks then you were as good as new.

How true, how true!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

See how it goes. We still have that new IR designation that they can come back later in the season. Let the thing heal and be there for the playoffs.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well, let's hope once he is fixed up for good BB gets him right back in there to block on extra points. DUH

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Well, let's hope once he is fixed up for good BB gets him right back in there to block on extra points. DUH

I get the feeling that you don't like BB very much. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

Or that he could GM and now apparently coach better...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

This has certainly taken a long time for a broken arm to heal. It's just bad luck all around from the way he injured it on the pat, breaking it again on the first play of the playoffs, to the infections. We need a healthy Gronk next year. He shouldn't come back until he's 100% healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I know like I sound like a big time homer but I don't think there is a better coach or GM in the entire league than Belichick. Does he make mistakes? Of course he does but he also comes up with some of the biggest steals in drafting and rookie free agents. The guy can coach and build a team. His body of work speaks for itself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Around the League   Rob Gronkowski's fourth arm surgery is imminent  

• By Dan Hanzus
    • Around the League Writer
    • Published: May 16, 2013 at 07:42 p.m.
    • Updated: May 16, 2013 at 08:32 p.m.

Rob Gronkowski is heading back to the operating table.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday on "NFL Total Access" that the New England Patriots tight end's fourth arm surgery is imminent, according to two sources informed of Gronkowski's prognosis. The plan is for the surgery to happen Monday, though it could happen earlier. Gronkowski had X-rays taken Wednesday as a precursor to surgery.

The Patriots expect Gronkowski to be ready for training camp, but they won't know have a true idea on his timetable until the plate in his arm is replaced. The plan is to go in and see if the infection has persisted.

If the infection has cleared -- Gronkowski has been on antibiotics -- no more surgeries are planned. If not, Rapoport reports there will almost certainly be a fifth surgery that would make it unlikely he'd be ready for training camp.

In other words, the Patriots are holding their breath. One more setback -- and there have already been a few -- and the Patriots will have every reason for legitimate concern.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.

According to a source the only reason why they are installing a new plate is because the infection is no longer an issue. Dr.James Andrews is consulting on the surgery

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I have very seldom said a word about his coaching.

But I do know this. I'm not so flippin stupid I would keep taping after a league memo said cut the crap or put a HOF caliber TE on the field for extra point attempts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hold on.....let me put my Tin Foil Hat on.......

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....nope....this is more Ron Borges conspiracy BS....Broomhilda and her cohort the King of the Tin Hat Fools already debunked this "infection" story....most likey going to get a Pulitzer Prize for it as well..............

OK...Tin Foil Hat off........

If I may.....the blood work shows that the infection is gone. However, once they open his arm up they will biopsy the area to be certain that no infection is present. If not they will replace the plate. By the way...I'll bet dimes to dollars the plate was taken out, and left out, after the last surgery. Anyway, If an infection is still present in the tissue they will not replace the plate and continue treatment. Under that senario the 5th surgery will happen. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Looking forward to talking about Gronk's play on the field rather than the plate in his arm.  Just sayin'.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Looking forward to talking about Gronk's play on the field rather than the plate in his arm.  Just sayin'.

For sure....if it goes well, probably today, it's likely 3 months no contact. So early September would not be hard to take.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

For sure....if it goes well, probably today, it's likely 3 months no contact. So early September would not be hard to take. 

Not hard to take at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

How true, how true!!

Why the h3ll was a plate used in the first place??!!?!! I'm by  no means an MD, but for cryinn' out loud! Wouldn't a standard plaster cast worked better? This whole injury thing has been a complete disaster! And of course the idiotic doctor that put the plate in would never admit he/she screwed up!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

How true, how true!!

Why the h3ll was a plate used in the first place??!!?!! I'm by  no means an MD, but for cryinn' out loud! Wouldn't a standard plaster cast worked better? This whole injury thing has been a complete disaster! And of course the idiotic doctor that put the plate in would never admit he/she screwed up!

"I'm by  no means an MD..."

Clearly.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Well so much for all those goats and chickens I sacrificed...  I knew I should have looked harder to find a virgin but they're near impossible to find these days.