Gronk's replacement?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Gronk's replacement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9VuW8eX9bQ

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV20DtXBuQs

These are actors, watch the father in the opening bit laughing and having a good time hours after his daughter was supposedly slaughtered, he is having such a good time... then he stops, takes some deep breaths, gets in character and gives his sobbing interview on camera.  BS!  This acting is pathetic...

By the way, give up your guns, give up your freedom, because surely that's what our forefathers would have wanted.  You don't want this tightend on your team because he did some coke but you elected GW Bush and or Obama who have both admitted to doing coke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's all about risk and reward Babe.

Would I draft Lyerla on day one? No. He's shown terrible judgment. 

Would I take him with a third or fourth to see that other teams don't snag him?

Yeah. 

In some ways, he is the best fit for NE. He is an Uber-Hback. Hbacks are a classic complement to the Erhardt-Perkins offense. 

But yes, Lyerla is so sudden an athlete for someone his size. He is not Gronk, and won't be. He doesn't possess the wingspan or height. 

But he could be an amazing talent here.

[/QUOTE]

That was my point really. His stock has dropped because of some silly nonsense, not violence.

He is listed as 6-5 and 240-250. That's right in the Gronk zone. Is Gronk at the 4.5 speed of Lyerla? Probably close.

I think his leaping is rather uncommon. He did this vid of 62". All I've read on him is that he is a physical freak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk0CxGPdxvo

I became interested when I read a mock draft and the guy said the Pats should take him. Come to find out he's my girlfriend's cousin. Her brothers are 6'9" and 6'7" respectively. Big people in her clan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

These are actors, watch the father in the opening bit laughing and having a good time hours after his daughter was supposedly slaughtered, he is having such a good time... then he stops, takes some deep breaths, gets in character and gives his sobbing interview on camera.  BS!  This acting is pathetic...

By the way, give up your guns, give up your freedom, because surely that's what our forefathers would have wanted.  You don't want this tightend on your team because he did some coke but you elected GW Bush and or Obama who have both admitted to doing coke.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you that there is a lot of suspicious stuff in this, and other things.

But the sheeple never question anything.

Hey, if Lyerla's remarks about a conspiracy get him on our team for less, then I'm glad the NFL sheeple's pass on him and we grab him. I just hope BB isn't a sheeple.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes and George Bush and the Mossad blew up the WTC. This whole board has jumped the shark.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes and George Bush and the Mossad blew up the WTC. This whole board has jumped the shark.

[/QUOTE]

You probably didn't even go baaaaah, when the congress gave the prez the right to jail you or even execute you without a lawyer or a trial, right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You probably didn't even go baaaaah, when the congress gave the prez the right to jail you or even execute you without a lawyer or a trial, right?

[/QUOTE]

I do not want to get into an insane debate that is beneath me. Are the kids alive or dead at Sandy Hook? That's it. Don't send me to a you tube video. The internet is full of every nonsensical theory known to man. It is not the place to look for facts or truth. The earth is not flat. I did not vote for George Bush but he is undeniably a patriotic guy. He did not plan the WTC bombing nor did Dick Cheney. I didn't even mention your name about the WTC but apparently that offended you. Get over it. I agree with you that Brady is great. I have no intention of going down the rabbit hole with you on this about some cockamamie internet theories.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do not want to get into an insane debate that is beneath me. Are the kids alive or dead at Sandy Hook? That's it. Don't send me to a you tube video. The internet is full of every nonsensical theory known to man. It is not the place to look for facts or truth. The earth is not flat. I did not vote for George Bush but he is undeniably a patriotic guy. He did not plan the WTC bombing nor did Dick Cheney. I didn't even mention your name about the WTC but apparently that offended you. Get over it. I agree with you that Brady is great. I have no intention of going down the rabbit hole with you on this about some cockamamie internet theories.

[/QUOTE]

I have no dog in this fight. But I do insist people have the right to be skeptical without sheeple like you condemning them as insane. I do have a dog in that fight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Well, since Babe thinks this opens the book on this idiot TE's views are the equivalent of conspiracy theories - especially his reference to the children being "supposedly" killed - then one can assume:

The 2001 Pats "supposedly" won the SB.  There are doubters out there as we know.  We can start there.  Oh, and the 2007-8 18-1season to the NYG was concocted by Goodell to avenge 2001's doubters.

I can even find videos find the Hale-Bopp folks dancing with glee on their comet if I look hard enough.

You recruit players with an equal diligent evaluation of their athletic talents AND their attitudes/brains.  This has been a hallmark of BB's methodology, and he majorly screwed up with Hernandez.  I think he will be much more careful about these things.  That said: Lyeria is entitled to his views, but the Pats are entitled to draft players whose views don't disrupt the clubhouse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

Well, since Babe thinks this opens the book on this idiot TE's views are the equivalent of conspiracy theories - especially his reference to the children being "supposedly" killed - then one can assume:

The 2001 Pats "supposedly" won the SB.  There are doubters out there as we know.  We can start there.  Oh, and the 2007-8 18-1season to the NYG was concocted by Goodell to avenge 2001's doubters.

I can even find videos find the Hale-Bopp folks dancing with glee on their comet if I look hard enough.

You recruit players with an equal diligent evaluation of their athletic talents AND their attitudes/brains.  This has been a hallmark of BB's methodology, and he majorly screwed up with Hernandez.  I think he will be much more careful about these things.  That said: Lyeria is entitled to his views, but the Pats are entitled to draft players whose views don't disrupt the clubhouse.

Look, the kid apologized for making the remarks in a public fashion. I doubt he's a great danger to turn the Pats locker room into a conspiracy theory think tank. Get a f'n grip on yourself.

But I guess drama queens think his opinion, because it doesn't match their mindless mantra, makes him less fit to play in the NFL than somebody who assaulted a female trainer and had daddy make it go away, or a QB that had two women charge that he sexually assaulted them, or several others who may well have or did kill people.

Did the kid screw up with this by making a public statement? Hell yes. But only because mind-numb tools will make a big deal out of it. Not because it actually is harmful in any way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So I guess by this logic you think any players who questioned the legitimacy of the Pats winning those SBs, or any game for that matter, should be expelled from the league, since you so easily embrace the role of "mind police".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fidd. Show Fidd's posts

I posted about him in MB's killer draft thread. I honestly see both sides here. Theres no denying the kid has made some poor choices, to say the least. If it looks like his situation is manageable he's worth the risk imo.

The kid really has it all. Can literally line up anywhere. And when I say anywhere, I mean anywhere. Its not like he'll line up in the backfield and you know he's going to flex out or take a sweep. He has a legit stiff arm and looks perfectly comfortable and in his element back there. He can also come off the line or line up in the slot. He has good hands. He can go up and get a ball and make a tough catch knowing he's going to take a hit. Watching him in college very rarely did one guy bring him down. In fact there were many times when it took 2-3-4 guys to bring him down. He's quick enough to work in a short area. And shows a very nice initial burst to run away from backers. While he'll run away from backers. He has no problem lowering his shoulder and out muscling DB's. Has impressive body control to make a tough catch. He would make millions at tearing up the seams in the NFL. Overall he's a solid route runner. He can run anything. Flats for checkdowns, comebacks/curls, slants and again the seam.

As great a WR threat as he was at O, he lined up primarily inline. He needs to add some muscle, which shouldnt be a problem. He came to the Ducks at 230 I believe. Went up to 245 I think. So we know his frame can handle somemore muscle. I think he can put on 10-12lbs of muscle easy. He'll need it for his blocking to really translate into the pros. I really dont see a problem there. When you watch him play your watching someone who is engaged, has a high motor and doesn't mind getting physical. He can block inline, motion and can sustain a block down field in the open. And he has no problem taking advantage of a DB at the 2nd level.

He really is a special athlete. Just from an athletic standpoint I've heard people compare him from J. Peppers, A-Hern and Gonzo. Freakish athletic ability. If he theres around the 3rd-4th round I don't see how you can pass. I haven't seen this many top tier TE's in a draft in a long time. I've made it no secret that I believe we need to get someone in here to utilize Bradys skill set. Which is quick, smart decison making and accuracy on short/intermediate routes in the middle of the field and sideline to sideline. Before Gronk came back he only had 7 rec's to the TE position. Unacceptable for this QB, this team and what were trying to do here. This draft is deep with TE's. I wouldn't mind seeing Bill grab one early. Maybe a Jenkins at the end of one? Lyerla, Fiedorowicz, O'Leary in 3-4-5 etc?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I want no part of this guy associated with the Pats.  I really couldn't care less if he's Gronk squared. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The internet also happens to be a gateway to the truth if you possess critical thinking skills and the ability to research for yourself, if not what is all the hubbub about this wikileaks thing and who is this Snowden fella?  

Anonymous has done more to right wrongs in this world online in the last ten years than every major news outlet combined in the last 50 years.  Perhaps you heard about them helping to bring justice to a rape victim in Maryville Missouri or that little Arab Spring thingy...

Saying something is "an insane conspiracy theory" without bothering to research it yourself is the height of ignorance.  Robert Macnamara's death bed confession that the Gulf Of Tonkin incident never happened, another crazy, wild eyed, tinfoil hat wearing theory that turned out to be true and killed hundreds of thousands of people and still is decades later thanks to agent orange.

The facts: the Church of Satan's east coast branch is based in the tiny town of Newtown Connecticut.  

The father of one of the children who was supposedly killed is seen laughing and joking unknowingly while CNN cameras film him, he says "you want me to read from the card" to someone off camera, then gets himself into character the way an actor does and gives a tearful interview hours after his daughter was brutally slaughtered, this same man also happens to work for a large multinational (Serco) which deals in military contracts, prisons, schools and crisis management.

Please don't believe me, do your own research.

But you're right, why bother questioning anything, just take what they give you and shut your mouth.  

Even if I'm wrong, even if this tightend kid is wrong, since when did ideas and opinions become illegal?  

I forgot that we're headed toward a dictatorship because people are afraid to have opinions or ask questions.  Sheeple is an apt term.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

That was my point really. His stock has dropped because of some silly nonsense, not violence.

He is listed as 6-5 and 240-250. That's right in the Gronk zone. Is Gronk at the 4.5 speed of Lyerla? Probably close.

I think his leaping is rather uncommon. He did this vid of 62". All I've read on him is that he is a physical freak.

I became interested when I read a mock draft and the guy said the Pats should take him. Come to find out he's my girlfriend's cousin. Her brothers are 6'9" and 6'7" respectively. Big people in her clan.

[/QUOTE]

Is this guy a WR or a TE?  6'5 240 is not very big for a TE, that's Calvin Johnson size. Gronk is 6'6 265. Heck, Zach Sudfeld is 6'7 260 and he's skinny. Maybe he could be looked at as a Hern replacement, but Gronk?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I look at guys like this and think of Matt Jones coming out of Arkansas. He was the next big thing.

Great size, ran a 4.3 40, could jump over small buildings. Major red flags because of coke issues. 1st round pick, NFL bust. Stayed clean as far as I know, just couldn't play.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Well....don't we tolerate a poster here who call Veteran's murderers....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is this guy a WR or a TE?  6'5 240 is not very big for a TE, that's Calvin Johnson size. Gronk is 6'6 265. Heck, Zach Sudfeld is 6'7 260 and he's skinny. Maybe he could be looked at as a Hern replacement, but Gronk?

[/QUOTE]

We'll never make up for Gronk with a single player, it will have to be a group effort.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Veterans have given us the right to speak freely, bureaucrats and bankers would take that right away, I don't defend or condone idiotic statements by anyone, but they have a right to be heard and dismissed with logic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Veterans have given us the right to speak freely, bureaucrats and bankers would take that right away, I don't defend or condone idiotic statements by anyone, but they have a right to be heard and dismissed with logic.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly...hence young immature football players too.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What he said about Sandyhook, while inaccurate and poorly worded, is true.  

Yes innocent people died that day, but the true perpetrators of what was really a ritual murder and an attempt to steal our civil liberties one inch at a time are still at large.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Hmmmm. What, exactly, are we implying here about Sandy Hook on this board?

That it didn't happen?

Fact: it did. My cousin was a student at that school. I can personally vouch ... lots and lots of children died that day because of one person.

'

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What he said about Sandyhook, while inaccurate and poorly worded, is true.  

Yes innocent people died that day, but the true perpetrators of what was really a ritual murder and an attempt to steal our civil liberties one inch at a time are still at large.

[/QUOTE]

God bless you sir for having the balls to exercise your 1st amendment right. Even if its on an Internet forum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is way bigger than AH at 6-5 250#. He reportedly has legit blocking skills as well. From what I read he could fill the traditional TE role as well as H-back, WR and even RB.

I guess, assuming he can play at a high level, which scouts claim he will, that if he can stay on the field, and stay out of jail, he has both Gronk and AH beat by a lot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want no part of this guy associated with the Pats.  I really couldn't care less if he's Gronk squared. 

[/QUOTE]

Care to provide a reason ATJ?

Sections
Shortcuts