Guaranteed way how Gronk can improve his game next week, compared to yesterday.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Guaranteed way how Gronk can improve his game next week, compared to yesterday.

...By wearing his helmet backwards.

Seriously, has anyone ever seen a pro football player have a worse game?  I have been watching the Pats on-and-off since the 1970s, missing perhaps five games in the past 10 years, and I have never seen anything like it.

It begs the question, did he have a past-due sports gambling debt from his college days?  His muffed kick return and fumble gave the Browns momentum and points, and cost the Pats an easy seven, if not more.  And how many passes did he drop?  I lost count. You can bet that he ruined Brady's composure, even as Brady gave him chance after chance to redeem himself.

Maroney was benched and traded for 3 fumbles last year just when it appears he was finally clicking.  What does BB do to Gronk?  Will he be inactive next week?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Guaranteed way how Gronk can improve his game next week, compared to yesterday.

No way he'll be inactive. He's a rookie and sooner or later, they're all going to have that one stinker. Aaron Hernandez had his against Baltimore but the team rallied to win anyway. While you can say Gronk cost us 14 points, he wasn't the one dropping all the passes, he wasn't getting bulldozed by Hillis, and he wasn't throwing fluttering passes early on. I think if you deactivate him for this next game, it'll KILL his confidence. Instead, keep him active and show him we still support him.

Maroney, to me, was a different case because of his history of not fumbling. All of a sudden, he started fumbling so perhaps Belichick saw something in his concentration, technique or practice habits of late.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Guaranteed way how Gronk can improve his game next week, compared to yesterday.

Cut the kid some slack.

The kick-off fiasco looked like a communication breakdown, and while he should have been covering up down by the goal line, the fumble was the result of an effort play. I don't want to be coaching my players to "go down." He just needs to protect that ball. He didn't have any more drops than Brady threw bad passes. He's a rookie. Chock it up to a learning experience. I'm with ap on this one. You don't want to mess with the kid's psyche by deactivating him. Coach him up. He'll be alright.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

There has been more to like than dislike with Gronkowski.  And I think a lot of us said that with young guys there are growing pains.  He had a bad game.  But so did the rest of the team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrotherBillStill. Show BrotherBillStill's posts

I was surprised he even played in the second half. He should've been benched for good after the goal line fumble.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Guaranteed way how Gronk can improve his game next week, compared to yesterday.:
    [QUOTE]No way he'll be inactive. He's a rookie and sooner or later, they're all going to have that one stinker. Aaron Hernandez had his against Baltimore but the team rallied to win anyway. While you can say Gronk cost us 14 points, he wasn't the one dropping all the passes, he wasn't getting bulldozed by Hillis, and he wasn't throwing fluttering passes early on. I think if you deactivate him for this next game, it'll KILL his confidence. Instead, keep him active and show him we still support him. Maroney, to me, was a different case because of his history of not fumbling. All of a sudden, he started fumbling so perhaps Belichick saw something in his concentration, technique or practice habits of late.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

If memory serves me, didn't he drop three passes in a row in his hands on the second or third drive, for a three-and-out? He should have been benched, rookie or not. I swear, it really looked like he was throwing the game.  That muff? He waived for the fair catch, then did not catch it.  That is not a pro mistake.  Not a college mistake.  It was a pee wee mistake. A

As for the fumble, he should have gone down. He has three tacklers around him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Hernandez had a game like that a few weeks ago and Tate wasn't exactly great yesterday either. It's the curse of being young. I'm glad he got that game out of his system.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Go back and watch Super Bowl XX if you want to see a whole team have a worse day than Gronk did.

Yes, he was lousy.  But to me what's more interesting is how they kept him on the field most of the game.  Even when a rookie is playing bad they need him on the field to keep some of the pressure off Hernandez.  Tate and Branch are not real threats right now.  I assume Welker is getting doubled but it didn't seem he was in the game or even on the field.   In short, they are so thin at receiver that Gronk, as bad as he was, needs to be on the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

This is crazy he had a "rookie" game.  God for bid.  This was our rookies playing like what they are.. rookies.  Now they should hit the tape and make adjustments and show us their real will vs. the Steelers.  I am not scared but disappointed if anything.  I am sure this will be a learning experience to the young guys that you need to play smart football and that smart football is what got them to 6-1 before this terrible loss.  Trick plays is not going to get the Browns far... we all know that.  This was their day and we will continue to get better. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Guaranteed way how Gronk can improve his game next week, compared to yesterday.:
    [QUOTE]This is crazy he had a "rookie" game.  God for bid.  This was our rookies playing like what they are.. rookies.  Now they should hit the tape and make adjustments and show us their real will vs. the Steelers.  I am not scared but disappointed if anything.  I am sure this will be a learning experience to the young guys that you need to play smart football and that smart football is what got them to 6-1 before this terrible loss.  Trick plays is not going to get the Browns far... we all know that.  This was their day and we will continue to get better. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Go back and watch Super Bowl XX if you want to see a whole team have a worse day than Gronk did. Yes, he was lousy.  But to me what's more interesting is how they kept him on the field most of the game.  Even when a rookie is playing bad they need him on the field to keep some of the pressure off Hernandez.  Tate and Branch are not real threats right now.  I assume Welker is getting doubled but it didn't seem he was in the game or even on the field.   In short, they are so thin at receiver that Gronk, as bad as he was, needs to be on the field.
    Posted by jimijazz[/QUOTE]

Good points. 

I loved Branch in 2004, etc.  I w3as skeptical about his return and was not fooled by his one good game.  Maybe he will produce when his hammy heals, but
     if he can't pull it together, I would not be shocked buy his retirement next year.

I remember Hernandez having one bad game earlier, but nothing close to as bad as Gronk's.  And I watched and re-watched SBXX and I don't agree that it was collectively as bad as yesterday.  At those Pats were still in the game at the half.  Gronk single-handed lost that game yesterday, IMO.

Still, I know he could be great.  Let's hope he never does something like this again.

As for Tate, I see potential.

I agree about Welker.  I did not expect him to be a performer this year.  Heck, I did not expect him to return this year.  So I am not surprised he is struggling to get separation. Hopefully, they can develop Tate to help Welker or they can draft a true, downfield receiver.  Tate was primarily a returner, just like Devon Hester is primarily a returner. Neither are strong at receiver (Hester wasa CB)and it is unfair to expect too much beyond their respective skill sets.

I have confidence that the loss was an aberration.  Again, if Gronk plays his normal game - even though the Browns did play a great game and great game plan - the Pats get a win. But I have to tell you, my family and I were fuming at his every blown play. So I cannot imagine that his teammates and coaches are too happy with him today.  There is not enough time in the week for him to run all the laps he needs to run.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Gronk had a bad game, but he's been a great pick and if can stay healthy, could be the best overall (blocking/receiving) TE we ever had.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

BTW, one more bad Gronk play that most of us forget: He tipped the end zone pass that Hernandez miraculously caught for a TD.  It could have been an INT.

Gronk made a season's worth of rookie mistakes in one game.  Let's hope he doesn't come close to this again.

And for those blaming the D (rushing yards surrendered, etc.), it's pretty hard to defend for all those minutes when one guy keeps forcing three-and-outs and turn-overs.  They did pretty well for a while until they ran out of gas. On the bright side, all those defensive rookies got some extra playing experience for next week, LOL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

yeah, dude had a bad game its been said already but Hernandez had a bad game  against the ravens with key drops in OT but no one cares since we won that game hes a rookie he will be fine

Sections
Shortcuts