Guess it's time to start talking about next week.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Guess it's time to start talking about next week.

Should be a closer game. Willis and Bowman can actually cover Hernandez and Welker.

Justin Smith and Aldon smith will pose a lot of problems too.

Not too worried about that SF offense. Hopefully Talib is back and can cover Crabtree. Safety and LB over the TE. Only interesting wrinkle will be how they defend the run option.

West coast team traveling to East coast is always difficult on the West Coast team.

I've been saying for a while, this is the game where the Pats will miss Gronk most.

Can't wait!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Re: Guess it's time to start talking about next week.

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Should be a closer game. Willis and Bowman can actually cover Hernandez and Welker.

Not too worried about that SF offense. Hopefully Talib is back and can cover Crabtree. Safety and LB over the TE. Only interesting wrinkle will be how they defend the run option.

West coast team traveling to East coast is always difficult on the West Coast team.

I've been saying for a while, this is the game where the Pats will miss Gronk most.

Can't wait!

No, it won't be close. It will be another beatdown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I'd say it's about time for the team to start getting measured for rings

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Weather forecast for Sunday night. Temp in mid 30's and 40% chance of rain. It would be better if it would be colder and snowing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:

Can't wait!

No, it won't be close. It will be another beatdown.

Not so sure. I think a lot of people came in thinking HOU had an overrated defense.

SF has done a very good job on very QB's thus far (Rodgers, Stafford, Brees). Eli was the only one that really got to them.

And yes, I know they are 0-1-1 against the Rams, but division games are always tough.

HOU also has a bad secondary. SF's is physical. The biggest factors will be Willis and Bowman. Arguably, the only LB's that can cover Hernandez and Gronk (if he plays). Those guys will make a world of a difference. Not to mention Aldon Smith and Justin Smith. I think this D will be a much bigger challenge.

The SF offense is the biggest question mark. If healthy, Talib should be able to cover crabtree one on one. Dont think slowing Gore down will be tough. How they defend the option will be key. Kaepernick hasn't been that impressive passing the ball thus far. But his running ability could be a wildcard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

If they beat the 49'ers the way they won today, I'll put wagers that they win it all.  That was a nice game tonight.  Most impressive was that our defense proved it could stop a good offense.  It did so with ease.  Another notable difference, a difference that would have helped us last year in the SB, we can run the clock down now on the ground when we choose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Need to go to bed Patriots 45 - 13

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

some people never learn....

Watch out jints, if BB has actually fixed this defense, the Pats are very likely to win it all. Hell, we got to within a minute or so of winning it all last year without Gronk plus a Welker drop - despite having a defense that was painful to watch.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Next week will be the chance for the revamped, revived, re-energized D to take over the game.  Be like old times.  SF won't put 10 points on the board. 

pats may not either

Willing to put a grand on that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

HOU has one good pass rusher in Watt.

49ers D is an entirely different, more diffcult challenge for the OL. Even if SFF sends no more than 4 to rush TB, those four can come from any of the front seven positions... maybe an eighth (S).

SFF will be a good test for JM and Scar. It will be interesting to see how they design a plan to neutralize that.

On D, I think BB can come up with ways to confuse whichever SFF QB. Now that they have mtm capability, they could mix up coverages.

Im already excited.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Can't wait!

lol...it's kind of hard not to call a closer game after a blowout :)

It will be sweet if they can beat the 49ers too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The SF game will be a totally different challenge for both O and D. I do not expect the Pats to score so many points. Maybe 24-27 is more likely. On the other hand I do not expect SF to get more than 24 I am no predicting a tie. I think it will be tougher win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The Pats secondary came out of last night in rough shape physically, with Talib out after the second quarter with a hip injury, Dennard aggravated his hamstring injury and Arrington limped off in the 4th quarter. Hope they will recover enough to play on Sunday ( and it is a short week ).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The best defense the Pats will face all year. QB pressure from all over. SF offense is very average. Stop Gore and contain Kaepernick. Brady cannot turn the ball over; no easy task against this D. The SF offense is a mystery to me; the seemed to be balanced, but no one aside from Gore, Davis and Crabtree. IMHO Kaepernick cannot turn the ball over. Tight game. I could see ball security being a factor along with STs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Watch out jints, if BB has actually fixed this defense, the Pats are very likely to win it all. Hell, we got to within a minute or so of winning it all last year without Gronk plus a Welker drop - despite having a defense that was painful to watch.

i am not saying yea or nay on the pats chances babe-but measure them for rings now? that is just begging a response-i would never say that about giants

Take it for what it is Jints, FAN talk.... Just like you have in your NY brethren, there are many who are uber confident the Giants will still pull this out and there are Pats fans who feel the Pats will win out.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

shut up

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Nobody talking about the massive threat Randy Moss poses? Y'know, that guy that the Pats were stupid for not re-signing? So stupid they basically punched their ticket for a 7-9 season while the Bills claimed the division?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

Typical Pats forum.  Blew out a team, no one will ever beat you again...recycle...repeat.  Then they play a team with a real D, like say, Seattle, and they lose.

Unlike you guys, I respect the Pats.  Being a Niner fan you are in fantasy land if you believe the Pats' O is doing anything close to what it did to the Texans.  Brees?  Done, and yes they can run AND pass the ball pretty damn well.  Rodgers?  Check.  Stafford?  Lions had less than 200 YDs with 2 min left in the 4th.

Same thing, different O.  Another O that will spread everyone out and try to prove it can run the ball to keep you honest (and the Saints run the ball very well).  Hit Brady and that O will stall like the rest of them did.  I've seen it year, after year, after year. 

I have no idea who will win or what will happen.  But what I definitely know won't happen is what you guys believe will from reading these posts.  Our O is 12th, not 31st.  Our run game is 2nd in the NFL.  I have no idea now the Pats became a super D overnight, but I'm fairly confident we put up enough points on that 26th ranked D to have a legit shot at winning.  And there's no way in god's green earth that O is doing what it did Monday Night. 

Sections
Shortcuts