TD's           24          21         39
    Int's           13          11         11
    Comp%       62          63         68
    QB rating     88.4       89.2      106.8
    YPG            226        230       280

First column is Tom Brady's average 01 thru 06
    Second column is Matt Cassel's 2008 season in NE
    3rd column is Tom's Average using 07 and 09 with Moss

For those who say that was then, well this is now. Guess me?

Record         5-3       3-1       3-1
    TD's             12        5          9
    INT's            4          2          2
    COMP %       58        57         70
    QB Rating     89.2      82.6      109.1

Column number one is Matt Cassel 2010
    Column two is Brady the last 4 games without Moss
    Column three is Brady's numbers the first 4 games this season with Moss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Guess The Numbers/ Who am I??

And your point?  As long as the Ws keep coming, BB and Brady DO NOT care about numbers.  But, "Pay me a ton" would!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Troll

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

STATS are for Losers!  The only Stat that Counts is Wins and Losses, Making the Playoffs and winning your final game of the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Guess The Numbers/ Who am I??:
    You mean Cassel, with Randy Moss and Wes Welker put up nearly as good of stats as Brady did with Troy Brown, Terry Glenn, and David Patton? Your point being?
    Posted by FishTaco64

Roflol...Didn't immediately catch that, Fish.  Very Well done man...(sorta, kinda, in a way-Destroys the entire premise here, huh?).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Hey Louie, get your lips off my zipper!!!!!

Are you nutz? Who cares about stats, wait I got one, how much can u swallow on a tuesday, and then on thursday????

Please, make the post's either funny or so they have meaning..... this is just pure rubbishYell

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouieTheLip. Show LouieTheLip's posts

You mean Cassel, with Randy Moss and Wes Welker put up nearly as good of stats as Brady did with Troy Brown, Terry Glenn, and David Patton? Your point being?
    Posted by FishTaco64

You are 100% correct. Randy Moss made Matt Cassel, a QB who hadn't started since high school, look like Tom Brady. Tom Brady a true winner. The only thing this guy was missing after 3 championships was some big numbers. Enter Randy Moss. The single common thread that links the two most prolific offenses of our generation. Randy Moss who turned Culpepper into an MVP and took Tom Brady straight out of System Quarterbackville. Which is where most people outside of NE had Tom pegged and where he is headed back to once again. What Tom Brady's numbers have been the past 4 games look exactly as they once did and they will continue to look as they once did before Randy showed up. Except in todays NFL 21 points per game just doesn't cut it. It's a passing league now,.....remember,.......it's why Belichick went out and picked up Moss and Welker to begin with. Just couldn't keep up with Peyton Manning anymore. Except this time you don't have a defense chock full of no names who were actually not a bunch of no names but play making superstars.  Bill Belichick, who is the greatest coach in football history, is a defense genius. Which is why I believe that Bill Belichick himself, bill Belichicks defense, and Adam Vinateri are all given more credit, in my eyes, than Tom for the 3 championships.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

TO Louie and ALL:

Louie, No offence that I'm not simply taking the stats you're throwing out as dead-correct scripture, but just so We ALL can see for ourselves the simple & I'm sure, correctly formulated, numbers and stats which you've use, ALL you have to do is provide a link AND/OR merely break the numbers down further, per each year for Brady with Moss & Brady without Moss, so we can do it ourselves...  This shouldn't be a big deal at all, so we'll ALL just wait here for you...thanx in advance.

ALSO, while you're doing this, some simple questions I need here:  Did you happen to IN-clude or EX-clude Brady's 2000 & 2001 very pedestrian year totals for these 2 seasons (games in which he ONLY started? games in which he didn't start too?  Which of these 2?  IF including these seasons PRE-Moss, wow-That's gonna massively bring down each & ALL of Brady's PRE-Moss totals, across the whole stats board average, right?). 
         Also, Why didn't you factor in ALL of Matt cassel's statistics including last years numbers while Cassell was at Kansas City, you just gave us Cassel's 2010 totals (Boy, Cassel had a pretty bad statistical year in 2009, ya know?). 
         Also, In your stat #1 w/ Tom Brady WITH Moss, you only accounted for Brady's 2007 & 2009 Seasons in total with moss, Why not count Brady's single game stats in 2008 before injury, and far more importantly-Brady's 1st 4 games Still WITH Moss in 2010 (those probably have to be added in as well in order to get a completely objective account, correct?).

Also, I have a link that says in 1 simple area that says a few stats differently...

For instance, you say Brady's 1st 4 games this year- With Moss compl %=70%/Then Without Moss compl %=57%.  That's a difference of 13%, right?  How come the link says the difference is 11.4%?  Did you just try to make it simple for us, by rounding the number up to the highest 2 Numbers?

Second for instance, you say Brady's 1st 4 games this year- With Moss QB rating=109.1, then Without Moss QB rating=82.6.  Then, How come again the link I have gives these numbers for Brady W/ Moss Qb Rating=109, then Without Moss Qb rating=84.1.  Again, Did you just try to simplify them for us?  Like, the W/Moss LOWER rating of 109 was just simplified to 109.1, while the Post Moss HIGHER Qb Rating of 84.1, was just rounded down to a far more easy to comprehend number of 82.6.? 
         Did you do this type of simplification to help us, ALL & EVERYwhere across the boards?  Thank you for doing that, to help us.

Yet again, we'll wait for the link...  Then wad'dya think?  I'm thinkin' we all celebrate your good findings together, right?  Sounds good here...   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Troll
    Posted by Tcal2

The answer to all things argumentitive.  Its safe, easy, and requires no actual thought.   

Go Patriots!!!  49-10 this weekend 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

STATS are for Losers!  The only Stat that Counts is Wins and Losses, Making the Playoffs and winning your final game of the year.
    Posted by SmokingJoe

if the only stat is wins and losses, that makes you a loser.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Tom Brady has had 3 different offensive coordinators in his career. Of course when you change out coordinators, there will be adjustments.

This is why Manning is fearful of losing his. He's only had Tom Moore since his rookie year and it's been a HUGE advantage.

Thanks for playing today, troll.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Tom Brady has had 3 different offensive coordinators in his career. Of course when you change out coordinators, there will be adjustments. This is why Manning is fearful of losing his. He's only had Tom Moore since his rookie year and it's been a HUGE advantage. Thanks for playing today, troll.
    Posted by BBReigns

Brady's played in the same system since day one.  He should generally be making his own calls as Manning is.  The offensive coordinator comment is weak.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Guess The Numbers/ Who am I?? : Do Boston fans ever get the point??? They make up stuff in their head!
    Posted by LouieTheLip

And the point is...?

You couldn't really be so dumb as to make career judgments of brady and cassel based on statistics from a cherry-picked handful of games... could you?

As a footnote; where else can you make up stuff, other than in your head?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Same system?

They changed the system in 2006.

So, no, you're wrong. Again. As usual.

He's had 3 off coordinators, multiple QB coaches, and now 2 systems, possibly 3, with this new one being unveiled now with the TEs being used more so than ever.

It's weak?  How is it weak?  Chemistry beteween coach and player is absolutely enormous.

You think Montana didn't enjoy having Walsh in a headset for 13 or 14 years, exclusively?

You're dumb.

And Brady does make his own calls. 3 plays are called at the line and he chooses the play.

You're too dumb to understand that Manning doesn't really call his own plays. He does the same thing  Brady does. He gets multiple calls, like a mutliple choice situation on the play call.

There was an article about this 2 or 3 years ago. I want to say Carucci had it.

This "Manning calls his own plays" rhetoric is a joke.  Tom Moore wouldn't be there if he wasn't needed.  

This is a statement planted out there by insecure tools who scramble to find ways to prop up Manning over Brady.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

rusty - I have never heard that. 

Exactly, how did they change their system in 2006?  What new system did McDaniels install?  His only professional experience was learning from the man he replaced, and prior to that he was only a graduate assistant at MSU.  What different offensive system would he have knowledge of and extensive experience with so that he could install a completely new playbook with different plays and nomenclature?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

If Brady's got 3 calls then how in the world can you blame a coach for a lack of success due to play calling?

Tom Moore is there because he wants to be there and the colts like having him there.  The colts OC is Clyde Christensen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

You're a whining idiot?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouieTheLip. Show LouieTheLip's posts

TO Louie and ALL : Louie , No offence that I'm not simply taking the stats you're throwing out as dead-correct scripture, but just so We ALL can see for ourselves the simple & I'm sure, correctly formulated, numbers and stats which you've use, ALL you have to do is provide a link AND/OR merely break the numbers down further, per each year for Brady with Moss & Brady without Moss, so we can do it ourselves...  This shouldn't be a big deal at all, so we'll ALL just wait here for you...thanx in advance.      ALSO, while you're doing this, some simple questions I need here:  Did you happen to IN-clude or EX-clude Brady's 2000 & 2001 very pedestrian year totals for these 2 seasons (games in which he ONLY started? games in which he didn't start too?  Which of these 2?  IF including these seasons PRE-Moss, wow-That's gonna massively bring down each & ALL of Brady's PRE-Moss totals, across the whole stats board average, right?).       Also, Why didn't you factor in ALL of Matt cassel's statistics including last years numbers while Cassell was at Kansas City, you just gave us Cassel's 2010 totals (Boy, Cassel had a pretty bad statistical year in 2009, ya know?).       Also, In your stat #1 w/ Tom Brady WITH Moss, you only accounted for Brady's 2007 & 2009 Seasons in total with moss, Why not count Brady's single game stats in 2008 before injury, and far more importantly-Brady's 1st 4 games Still WITH Moss in 2010 (those probably have to be added in as well in order to get a completely objective account, correct?).      Also, I have a link that says in 1 simple area that says a few stats differently... For instance, you say Brady's 1st 4 games this year- With Moss compl %=70%/Then Without Moss compl %=57%.  That's a difference of 13%, right?  How come the link says the difference is 11.4%?  Did you just try to make it simple for us, by rounding the number up to the highest 2 Numbers? Second for instance, you say Brady's 1st 4 games this year- With Moss QB rating=109.1, then Without Moss QB rating=82.6.  Then, How come again the link I have gives these numbers for Brady W/ Moss Qb Rating=109, then Without Moss Qb rating=84.1.  Again, Did you just try to simplify them for us?  Like, the W/Moss LOWER rating of 109 was just simplified to 109.1, while the Post Moss HIGHER Qb Rating of 84.1, was just rounded down to a far more easy to comprehend number of 82.6.?       Did you do this type of simplification to help us, ALL & EVERYwhere across the boards?  Thank you for doing that, to help us. Yet again, we'll wait for the link...  Then wad'dya think?  I'm thinkin' we all celebrate your good findings together, right?  Sounds good here...   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

All good points. I wrote down the stats, but had no intention of posting the stats anywhere. It was meant for my knowledge. I write things down because that's how I remeber them better. Some of the stats I rouned, some I didn't, but they were just meant for me to have a general idea. Also some of these stats I wrote down on one night, and others on another night. They were not consistent at all. They were notes,. I was being lazy. I should have been more precise. It takes a lot of effort to do these stats and there is no doubt in my mind you could point out a percentage point here and there, but they're pretty accurate. 

We could go back and forth all day. I could say Matt Cassel's first year was  much better than Brady's first.  Then you could say Cassel had Moss and Welker. Then I could say that I thought Moss was a cancer and now you're trying to use him as example of why Cassel had an advantage. We could go on and on all day. Unfortunately I type with two fingers. So I'll get to my point.

Those numbers were meant to give a little perspective. I don't put up Matt Cassel's numbers against Tom Brady to say he's as good as Tom Brady. That's absurd. I do it for perspective. Football is a team game and Tom Brady gets way to much credit for three championships that were won by a team that was led by it's defense and special teams. A team headed by the greatest coach in football history(IMO) who made his bones and built a legacy,....ON DEFENSE. His genius on defense is what first seperated him. So how is it silly to think that his defense a big part of it.

I think people somehow get the 3 championships all jumbled up together with the 2007 season. Some how they come up with this idea that Tom Brady imposed his will on defenses time and time again, or that he was throwing gamming winning TD passes with no time left on the clock to win championships. The fact is he won three championships by 9 points and a had whole helluva lot of help to do it. From coaching to defense to special teams to officiating. Tom Brady got every call and every bounce along the way. He played pretty good doing it, but let's keep it real.

Sections
Shortcuts