Guess What?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Guess What?

The Cardinals made it to the Superbowl last year!! Yep, The Arizona Cardinals.  And they almost won.

Don't give up on your team half way through the complete NFL season.  We play and watch this game for one reason. To win championships. (some watch just for entertainment but anywho).

Don't jump off the wagon just to hop back on when momentum swings our way.  Lets continue to ride the ship guys. We're better than this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jck1962. Show jck1962's posts

Re: Guess What?

I think it would be awesome for the Patriots to face the " Aints " in the Super Bowl...the Pats. record against teams who beat them and then face them a second time is outstanding

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

finally, a voice of reason...i agree. i think we obviously learned last night that no, we are simply not an "elite" team any longer. and thats ok, whether or not anyone wants to accept it we are a rebuiding team that has managed to remain competitive during this rebuilding process. as pats fans we now set the bar so high after all these years of success, once upon a time a time we would have been perfectly fine with just getting into the playoffs and then anything can happen. if i remember correctly, thats kinda the way this whole "dynasty" began back in 2001. now its not good enough if we end up division champs and in the playoffs, no we arent satisfied until our pats destroy every opponent and the consensus #1 in every analysts weekly power rankings.

sure we got embarrassed by a better team last night, it happens, we have done it to others plenty of times ourselves. fact of the matter is, there is still plenty of football left and the objective at this point is simple. just keep scrapping and making adjustments and try to somehow keep improving heading into the playoffs. hey, if we can get these guys somehow playing their best football come playoff time anything can happen. there isnt an extra trophy for champions of the regular season. after 2007 we of all people should know that..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I am not jumping off the wagon but lets be honest. The pats are no where near a SB contender!

They have a average offense and the defense speaks for it self!

Coaching has had me scratching my head.

They would have to improve way too much to contend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

We wanted youth on defense. We got it. Now, we have to be patient. We're spoiled, and that's good. But this will take time. Defensive backs, in particular, are usually called "toast" early in their careers. I remember Everson Walls when he was a rookie. You or I could have beaten him. He turned out pretty well. We expect everyone to be Ty Law and Asante Samuel immediately. Eventually, Meriweather, Butler and the others will be just as good or better. Meanwhile, as I said after the Denver game, we're just a better than average team going nowhere. We're only good enough to beat mediocre teams or teams that decided to get better afterwards ( Titans ). We've been reduced to a team that will get to the playoffs, but, when we get there, we're only good enough to "make noise". In any event...Go Pats!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Exactly... The best part of not being considered an elite team or a not so good defense is that this defense gets to prove themselves and establish their own legacy. It takes time.

And the beauty of the NFL season and playoffs is the "Any Given Sunday" factor. You don't have to be the best team in the league to win a SuperBowl. You just have to be playing the best and get a little lucky. One game elimination. The Colts and Saints are both liable to lose after the 1st Rd bye. Anyone could get hurt. Like Kevin Garnett said after his first championship.. "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLLLLLEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Yup, the Patriots got youth on defense, but what they forgot was the talent.  All the bargain basement signings and stockpiling of late round draft choices showed their true value last night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

When they were a 2-14 team (does anyone remember?) I never denied being a Patriot fan.
    Even if everyone else jumped off the band-wagon,
    I would volunteer to drive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Guess What?:
    The Cardinals made it to the Superbowl last year!! Yep, The Arizona Cardinals.  And they almost won. Don't give up on your team half way through the complete NFL season.  We play and watch this game for one reason. To win championships. (some watch just for entertainment but anywho). Don't jump off the wagon just to hop back on when momentum swings our way.  Lets continue to ride the ship guys. We're better than this.
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard

I don't think anyone is jumping off the bandwagon or will quit watching the games. Last night was the reality check for our Defense. We can beat most teams in the league just not the best teams. You can't win the Superbowl every year and for me the chase and the speculation is as interesting as winning. The only other thing winning allows for is Breaking nuts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Not to mention the Arizona Cardinals were drubbed 41-7 in a blizzard by a team that missed the playoffs last season!!!!!!!!  The full-fledged panic is a bit premature and quite frankly I'm ashamed of Pats Nation after reading the Pats-Saints gamethread last night.  People jumping ship left and right, it was pathetic.  I guess Leon was right for a change... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

......we're still in first place and can secure the division this Sunday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Guess What?:
    ......we're still in first place and can secure the division this Sunday.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

I'm ready to move on Roadking. I wish Porter would open his mouth so we can start bashing the Phins. He had 2.5 sacks last week in defeat and I can't believe he isn't out thumping his chest over that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Yea e gotta move on. Last night was difficult to watch,but we have 5 games left to build some momentum and charge into the playoffs.

remember the year the Colts won it (UGG) everyone thought they would get run over because their run defense was horrible. Well they fixed it and ran the table.
    Look what the Giants did in '07 (UGG) So what I'm saying is teams can be fixed let  us hope BB can find the solution.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Toughest game the rest of the year is next Sunday. Let's hope they forget this one quickly. If they take it at Miami then they have a good shot at running the table.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Yea e gotta move on. Last night was difficult to watch,but we have 5 games left to build some momentum and charge into the playoffs. remember the year the Colts won it (UGG) everyone thought they would get run over because their run defense was horrible. Well they fixed it and ran the table. Look what the Giants did in '07 (UGG) So what I'm saying is teams can be fixed let  us hope BB can find the solution.

I think we've found it..Hey I'm just kidding.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Guess what? All of the Patriots losses came to teams that were/are undefeated and were/are playing exceptional football. When the Patriots lose to teams like the Raiders, Browns and Lions, that's when it is time to panic. And it is never ok to jump off the bandwagon. Either you are a fan or you're not. Fair weather fans are not real fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

I'm not confident THAT performance would be good enough to beat the Dolphins next week, or for that matter any decent NFL team.  Let's not kid ourselves into thinking it was all about the Saints last night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

In Response to Re: Guess What? : I think we've found it..Hey I'm just kidding.
    Posted by ewhite1065

LOL! no no no not that kind of fix that's the PittsburHGH method.Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Guess What? : LOL! no no no not that kind of fix that's the PittsburHGH method.

Speaking of that I was checking out free agent LB's and Shawn Merriman is a free agent at the end of the year. How'd you like to have that juice head on the team? Maybe he's got something to help Burgess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Nope, don't what the JUICER on the Pats. Didn't the give up two picks for Burgess?
    Cripes! he plays like Burgess Meredith.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Hi Gang-It sounds awfully somber in here today huh? No blaming the refs for last nights debacle...no siree!BB's defense didn't exist and Brady was  so far off the mark against a defensive backfield that was thrown together this week?!(Maybe put Brady on IR and save him for next year?) pats play the Dolphins in Miami this week right?pats are not very good on the road either.I'm pretty sure that you are aware of that by now. Keep up the horrible work on the road...us Jets fans want to thank the patriots organization for unravelling right before our eyes! So is everybody having a productive day??
    Posted by --whodatlh--

You joined a Patriots discussion board just to talk smack about your team? You must be the biggest Saints fan in the world!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

So . . .

when the Pats crunch Miami next weekend, will they be awesome again?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

"Yup, the Patriots got youth on defense, but what they forgot was the talent.  All the bargain basement signings and stockpiling of late round draft choices showed their true value last night."

You nailed it gfkr2.  BB's digging us a big hole.  There is not one person on the current Defense I would take if I were starting my own team. 

Taking the homer glasses off, there is no talent or potential in any of them.  Al Davis laughs at our Defense.  Hell he unloads his garbage on us.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I'll throw this out for Fodder - Peter King's article was pretty good today.  Here are a couple of nuggets: 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

"Yup, the Patriots got youth on defense, but what they forgot was the talent.  All the bargain basement signings and stockpiling of late round draft choices showed their true value last night."   You nailed it gfkr2.  BB's digging us a big hole.  There is not one person on the current Defense I would take if I were starting my own team.  Taking the homer glasses off, there is no talent or potential in any of them.  Al Davis laughs at our Defense.  Hell he unloads his garbage on us.
    Posted by K-max

I always knew you were a troll.

Sections
Shortcuts