Gurode?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Gurode?

Probowl G/C just cut....Has to be worth pickin him up on a 1 year deal...maybe 2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Gurode?

There must be a reason why Dallas cut him. Do you really think he is an upgrade over Koppen? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he could be a good pickup to replace connolly on the line, give him 4 million and our line issues could be improved!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Wouldn't it be ironic to see him and Haynesworth as team mates.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

they couldn't come to an agreement on a pay cut to him for the cap space, and they felt they had a rookie who could do the job for cheaper.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I agree...use him for starting G and BU C.  Let Connelly be the Bu at G, and cut Ohrenberger(sp?).  Let him and mankins show Cannon how it is done...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

In Response to Re: Gurode?:
    [QUOTE]I love when people assume some guy can come in and take someone's job. Maybe they sign him and he still cant beat out Connelly for the starting job? What then? I mean you guys sound like, hey bring him in and hand him the job assuming he can pick up the blocking scheme and playbook in the blink of an eye when Connelly and Koppen already know it cause they have been here for years. I am not against signing this guy I just dont assume some guy from Dallas can beat them out for the job.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Connelly sure didn't act like he knew it.  Are you sure he does?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

[QUOTE]Yea that is right because the pre season is known for using all the normal blocking schemes and game plans that they use in the real games that count....oh wait that is completely wrong and people dont scheme the pre season. Watch the Oline in a real game and then look at a pre season game and you will CLEARLY see that when it counts they use a blocking scheme that works and has worked for YEARS! and that in the pre season game they do not use the same scheme. When he was playing with the real scheme in the real games he looked like a starter so dont read too much into pre season games that mean nothing.

They do seem to have a blocking scheme that works in the regular season.  It just doesn't necessarily work in the preseason or the playoffs.  Or maybe the common factor is that it doesn't work against teams with top-notch d-lines.
    Still, I think there are ways things can be improved without signing Gurode.  Namely, put Solder at right tackle (at some point soon) and re-sign Crumpler.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

[QUOTE]Ok put Solder at RT and what cut Vollmer? Or Light? explain please??? And the blocking scheme does not work in the playoffs? really? cause they have used the same scheme for as long as Daunte has been the O line coach which is over 20 years or so. So I would say that blocking scheme works just fine in the playoffs considering its led the way to 5 super bowls games with 3 wins and 6 AFC championships with 5 wins. I realize they have not won the last few years but to say it does not work is incorrect. The scheme works, and in fact it makes unknown guys like Steve Neal and Joe Andruzzi look like all pros.

thanks for getting into it with me Killa,

The blocking scheme works when personnel is in place that can make it work.  I have faith that it will work again.  I'm not convinced of it's effectiveness with the current players.  Neal was a huge loss.  He was in the lineup for the last playoff win.  His leg was broken during the superbowl against the giants.  I appreciate the work that Connolly has done to step in from the backup position to start games.  I'm not sure he is effective enough to stop the best d-lines.  Still, didn't he get promoted last season?  Maybe he can improve.  I think he would do better, during certain games, with someone else to his right.  Vollmer is not terrible.  He does well with certain matchups.  He can look terrible sometimes when a quick lineman is matched up with him.  I would like to see Solder start at right tackle sometime this season.  He came in the other night at showed some nice techniques during the chaos.  I wouldn't want to see anything happen to Light and have Solder need to take his place.  Light is what Solder should want to become.  I don't know all about the difficulties and consideration of moving Solder to the right, so it's just something I'd like to see work out because I think he is way ahead of Vollmer in talent, and because I see Vollmer as the weak link at times.  Still, having Vollmer available to back up in the case that anything happens to Light or Solder would be a nice luxery in my eyes.
    Incidentally, I feel like I saw our tight ends get confounded the other night during blocking.  I'd like to see Crumpler back in there.
    So I'm not coming in with the roof is falling.  I don't think we need Gerude.  I'd like to see our 1st round draft pick tackle start at tackle, and I'd like to see our best blocking tight end from last season (from recent memory) on the team over the 5th round pick rookie Smith or the undrafted rookie Yeatman.  Hopefully, all this and some more full time experience will help Connolly while he (hopefully, now) holds the spot for Cannon.  This is assuming that Connon could beat out Connolly for the job, and I'm hoping that the talented young 360 pounder can do it next season.
    Go Pats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

doesn't Light get beat by every "fast" defender?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

[QUOTE]doesn't Light get beat by every "fast" defender?
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

Well, every offensive lineman is going to get beat sometimes.  I suppose that when they do, the other guy is going to look fast or strong or something.  Still, I don't remember ever watching a game where Light was just unable to hold his own, where opponents just took advantage of him and the wheels fell off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]he could be a good pickup to replace connolly on the line, give him 4 million and our line issues could be improved!
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

*like*

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Wouldn't it be ironic to see him and Haynesworth as team mates.
    Posted by ANONMD08[/QUOTE]

didn't even think of that.  yes, it would

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Gurode?:
    [QUOTE]Probowl G/C just cut....Has to be worth pickin him up on a 1 year deal...maybe 2.
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

Pass.. Got cut this late, must have baggage or can't perform.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]Hey man everyone is entitled to their opinion but yours seems a bit uneducated. Vollmer the weak link? Are you high right now? Most people think by the end of this year Vollmer will be considered elite. He is good enough to play LT and Solder is not even close to being as good as Vollmer is right now. I dont say any of this to be a jerk but you are just way off base. Solder is a pure LT and Bill Belichick shot down any chance of him playing RT during a press conference earlier this off season. Someone said could Solder move to RT and Belichick just said "He is a left tackle" and when asked again he said "Solder is a left tackle". If anything Solder will have to step in at RG if Connelly cant hack it and at 6'8" Solder will have a hard time playing the inside. But if he had to he could, and when Cannon gets healthy next year he will take the RG job. Like I said you are entitled to your opinion but to call Vollmer the weak link just does not make sense, he is a monster and a very very good player.
       You beat me to it. In my opinion, Volmer is the best Offensive lineman we have.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gurode? : They do seem to have a blocking scheme that works in the regular season.  It just doesn't necessarily work in the preseason or the playoffs.  Or maybe the common factor is that it doesn't work against teams with top-notch d-lines. Still, I think there are ways things can be improved without signing Gurode.  Namely, put Solder at right tackle (at some point soon) and re-sign Crumpler.
    Posted by lightningbrain[/QUOTE]P

Placing  Solder  at  RT  and  bringing  in  Crumpler  may  help  but  it  doesn't  address  the  issues  with  Koppen  and  Connolly.  Gurode  is  coming  off  knee  surgery  but  I  hope  the  PATS  atleast  take  a  look  at  him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

If you want a cowboy guard, try lenoard davis or probably the better guard of the three is Brian Waters most recently of KC but he played for KC so people probably think he is worse than he is

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]There must be a reason why Dallas cut him. Do you really think he is an upgrade over Koppen? 
    Posted by ANONMD08[/QUOTE]

Gee, I don't know. Gurode's gone to 5 straight Pro Bowls....do you think that's an upgrade?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Definitely think he's be worth a look.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I do thing that Gurode & Lenoard Davis are worth a look. If we can not have
    enough d- lineman can we really have too many o-lineman. Lets keep Tom in the
    pocket & off the ground and see what happens. I still think a trade is coming.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'd kick the tires on Gurode as we do with lots of other players.

The weakness on our line is the interior more than the tackles. Center and RG need to be upgraded. I think we have our long term solution at RG in Cannon, and we need to use next year's draft to find Koppen's replacement. With Cannon and a replacement for Koppen, we will have one of best if not the best OL's in the NFL. Assuming Solder and Cannon reach their potential and are healthy.

Not going to help us this year however. I'm not sure who is available, but it would be nice to add some quality depth inside.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BERNIENH. Show BERNIENH's posts

Keep Connelly as a Kick Off returner and let Tate go. When was the last time Tate got 71 yards on a return? ( early last season)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I'd certainly kick the tires onWaters,Gurode and Davis,and it would not surprise me if one or two might be an improvement ove Connelly and,perhaps,Koppin as well.I believe Connelly would be a very good third guard but I'd be looking to upgrade that position at every opportunity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

As far as Light is concerned this was his first game back and it will take a little time to get that game speed back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]Keep Connelly as a Kick Off returner and let Tate go. When was the last time Tate got 71 yards on a return? ( early last season)
    Posted by BERNIENH[/QUOTE]

LOL, dude that was good!