Gutless call from a gutless ref ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Gutless call from a gutless ref ...

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Uh, you're wrong. Only second tier players are restricted from that. Our guy was side by side with the guy he supposedly pushed.

Really dood, don't take this foolish stance on this. You will be humiliated.

[/QUOTE]

Mike Pereira @MikePereira 41m

That is correct call in NE/NYJ game. New rule this year can't push a teammate into the offensive formation on a field goal or try attempt.

Mike Pereira Verified account

@MikePereira

Former Vice President of Officiating in the National Football League.

---

Anything else from you on this?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a few things.

It wasn't a push. The flag was thrown before the alleged push. You don't make cheesey calls in OT with the game on the line anyway, unless something is rotten in Denmark.

[/QUOTE]

It was cheesy. Gutless. That's the major issue. 

It swings the game completely from one end of the win probabilty spectrum (NE with ~70% [10 yards to a 45 yard FG] to Jets 90% [in line for a chip shot FG].

Gutless.

[/QUOTE]

your right.  The refs should not be calling anything at the end of a game.  Let them play. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rick-hertz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So if it's a new rule why did it take till week 7 for anyone to call it?

[/QUOTE]

Because they didn't need it to fix a game until then. They had other options before this screw job.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The rules are the rules, I guess.  Frustrating to lose on that call, but there were bigger problems in that game that worry me more:

• O and D lines getting beat repeatedly
    • Gronk one handing everything (will that arm ever really heal?)
    • Brady's inaccuracy
    • Weak pass coverage, especially from the LBs with Mayo gone

Hope things get better with more time for the D to adjust to playing without Mayo and to get some other players back, but I'm somewhat concerned now that the defense may have taken too many knocks and the offense may not come around in time.  Not panicking by any means, but this game did raise a few flags.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Team B means second tier, moron.  Jones is a Team A player in that rule. He's lining up on the line of scrimmage.

Go back to the Bruins board and whack off to Jacobs some more.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

Team A is the team with the ball.

Team B is the team on defense.

Example from the NFL rulebook:

"PLAYER ON LINE

ARTICLE 2:  A Player of Team A is on his line

(a) when his shoulders face Team B's goal line..."

You are so dim you don't even know how to read the rules of the game you follow.

[/QUOTE]

Source this stuff you are claiming.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Uh, you're wrong. Only second tier players are restricted from that. Our guy was side by side with the guy he supposedly pushed.

[/QUOTE]

That is correct call in NE/NYJ game. New rule this year can't push a teammate into the offensive formation on a field goal or try attempt.

@MikePereira

---

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a few things.

It wasn't a push. The flag was thrown before the alleged push. You don't make cheesey calls in OT with the game on the line anyway, unless something is rotten in Denmark.

[/QUOTE]

It is the NFL covering for their corruption. It may be a rule but the enforcement is suspect.

[/QUOTE]

Of course it is. You can call a penalty on every single play if you want.

This was clearly an intentional altering of the outcome of an NFL game.

Somebody somewhere really had some big $$$ at stake on a jets win in this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I just watched a different view of the play and clearly Jones did what he was flagged for.  Sadly, I am changing my mind on the call. There is nothing in the rule that says 2nd tier player. Here is what the rule says...

it makes no difference where you are originally lined up - Rule 9-1-3, the new rule, says "Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation." That’s exactly what happened in this play.

Team B is the defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

@MikePereira

---

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a few things.

[/QUOTE]

It was cheesy. Gutless. That's the major issue. 

It swings the game completely from one end of the win probabilty spectrum (NE with ~70% [10 yards to a 45 yard FG] to Jets 90% [in line for a chip shot FG].

Gutless.

[/QUOTE]

I think you are being too kind. I believe it was a deliberate decision to alter the outcome of the game. You can call a penalty like that on every play, if you want.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4080370. Show user_4080370's posts

Face it, the call sucks but it is only a regular season game. If it was a playoff game it would be worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The rules are the rules, I guess.  Frustrating to lose on that call, but there were bigger problems in that game that worry me more:

• Brady's inaccuracy

Hope things get better with more time for the D to adjust to playing without Mayo and to get some other players back, but I'm somewhat concerned now that the defense may have taken too many knocks and the offense may not come around in time.  Not panicking by any means, but this game did raise a few flags.

[/QUOTE]

This thread is not about the deficiencies of the team in this game. It is about the bad call. Why are you trying to hijack the thread?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

I'm sick to my stomach...any other team but to hand pathetic jets the game...makes me sick! Refs handed Jets game vs Falcons and now this...I hate the Jests n their fans...losers all the way around!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

• Brady's inaccuracy

[/QUOTE]

This thread is not about the deficiencies of the team in this game. It is about the bad call. Why are you trying to hijack the thread?

[/QUOTE]

It wasn't realy a bad call.  Seems to me all these discussions about a rare (but still legitimate) call are a distraction from what really mattered in the game.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

• Brady's inaccuracy

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It wasn't realy a bad call.  Seems to me all these discussions about a rare (but still legitimate) call are a distraction from what really mattered in the game.  

[/QUOTE]

For once I agree with you Prolate. It wasn't a bad call and watching the highlites on tv they had a view that clearly showed Jones hands outstretched and pushing the guy infront of hime that just happened to be a Pats player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

Most atrocious call I can recall - ever.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

• Brady's inaccuracy

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hate rules too.  Rules suck.  The NFL should do away with all rules.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

Of the 400+ field goals attempted this year, wait for it, wait for it, this was the first time this penalty was called. Bag job by the refs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to isurfvb24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of the 400+ field goals attempted this year, wait for it, wait for it, this was the first time this penalty was called. Bag job by the refs

[/QUOTE]

This^

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is that the only penalty that has not been called this year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This^

[/QUOTE]

Did you know that running into the kicker has only been called one time this year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

• Brady's inaccuracy

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Its not a bad call

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This^

[/QUOTE]

Did you know that running into the kicker has only been called one time this year?

[/QUOTE]

Which is relevant how?

Sections
Shortcuts