Guys C'mon....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Guys C'mon....

You know we're taking the AFC East.

Can the press stop acting as though the Phins or the Jets have even a sliver of a chance of taking that away from us? The Jets still have to play Atlanta, Indy and Cincy. The Phins have an easier time, but I'm sure they drop one along the way.

Aside from the Jets, we haven't lost to a bad team. The Phins have always given us issues. Do any of you really think we'll lose any more games?

Now, the Pats have major issues and I'm not all that confident that we'll get too far once we get there, but we're going to the playoffs as the AFCE Champs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Guys C'mon....

The Buffalo game is a concern. They see blood in the water and it's at their place. If the Pats lose one more and the "fins win out the Pats miss the playoffs.

Also the Texans game will not be a gimme.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Guys C'mon....:
    [QUOTE]The Buffalo game is a concern. They see blood in the water and it's at their place. If the Pats lose one more and the "fins win out the Pats miss the playoffs. Also the Texans game will not be a gimme.
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

Normally I would agree with you, but not this year. They have injury and coaching problems that will wreck the rest of their season. The Texans started off as a small threat, but they have not been playing well lately at all. We won't lose another reg. season game this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Kellie,  love your optimism. Pats have yet win a road game this year so that's why I'm concerned with the last two we have. Buffalo always plays us tough in their place and the Texans have some players that will give us match up problems...Andre Johnson could have a career game against our secondary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]Kellie,  love your optimism. Pats have yet win a road game this year so that's why I'm concerned with the last two we have. Buffalo always plays us tough in their place and the Texans have some players that will give us match up problems...Andre Johnson could have a career game against our secondary.

You have every reason to be concerned, but here's why I'm not.

About a month ago everyone was talking about how the Defense was exceeding their expectations, a couple of bad games and that has totally gone out the window. Why? They are a young rookie defense. Just because we have the greatest coach in the league, that doesn't mean they weren't going to experience some growing pains, which they are. This should have been expected. We're just so spoiled it's hard for some of us to digest this slump we're going through.

The offense is being led by someone who didn't play football for a year. Again, inconsistency from Brady should have been expected. Even though we are completely dissappointed in the last couple of games, I have been seeing small glimmers of greatness from the offense. Fred Taylor coming back will add a little spark too.

These guys just need to gel and get some confidence back (I have a feeling this Sunday may help that).

Like I said, I'm nervous about the Playoffs, but I am positive we will end the season with a 4 game winning streak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I hope you are right but the facts are there is only 4 games left, I think they would of gelled by now. They havn't won a road game and they havn't beat a team that is over 500.

The D is just as bad as it looks. The offense has me scratching my head, basically the same guys as last year but between play calling and execution...very bad. I know brady has 3000+ yards but I'd trade them for redzone or even 2nd half touchdowns.

The offense can be fixed by better play calling but the D is...BAD!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

If I were a betting man, I'd bet everything on the Pats this week.  I don't know what the line is---but it's going to be a slaughter.  And this win will springboard the Pats to close out the last three and take the division.  I wish I were wrong, but I know I am right.  Maybe Miami can grab a wildcard and possibly see the Pats in the playoffs for the rubber match.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Kellie, Fred Taylor will help, but the person we really need on the field is Vollmer.
    This kid is on his way to being an elite tackle, also getting Edleman back would help as well TB looks for him and he has done a great when he's been in there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Every game will be a battle, there are no gimme's for this team.  There just not that good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Guys C'mon....:
    [QUOTE]You know we're taking the AFC East. Can the press stop acting as though the Phins or the Jets have even a sliver of a chance of taking that away from us? The Jets still have to play Atlanta, Indy and Cincy. The Phins have an easier time, but I'm sure they drop one along the way. Aside from the Jets, we haven't lost to a bad team. The Phins have always given us issues. Do any of you really think we'll lose any more games? Now, the Pats have major issues and I'm not all that confident that we'll get too far once we get there, but we're going to the playoffs as the AFCE Champs.
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]
    I'm with you..I haven't jumped overboard yet. I keep my expectations low and enjoy the games. Until we lose of course. We're coming home this week and I expect to win. We'll go from there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Kellie,  love your optimism. Pats have yet win a road game this year so that's why I'm concerned with the last two we have. Buffalo always plays us tough in their place and the Texans have some players that will give us match up problems...Andre Johnson could have a career game against our secondary.

After watching Bufalo against the Jets I am a little more incouraged. I thought they'd beat the Jets at home and they got manhandled. I agree with you 100% on the Texans. They have weapons on offense and we have a problem stopping any weapons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]Kellie, Fred Taylor will help, but the person we really need on the field is Vollmer. This kid is on his way to being an elite tackle, also getting Edleman back would help as well TB looks for him and he has done a great when he's been in there.

Yes, Vollmer and Edelman will only help as well.

K-Max, I think you are totally wrong. You sound like one of the talking heads who loves when the Pats don't play well for the drama factor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

You all are counting out the Jets, yes the Jets!! Here is the schedule

NYJ@TB-NYJ
    ATL@NYJ-NYJ  Ryan might not be playing
    NYJ@IND-IND   But the Colts could really Sc**w us on this one. You know how 
                         they like to rest when they clinch unless they are playing for 
                         a perfect season.
    CIN@NYJ-CIN   but they also may be resting players, last game of the regular
                         season

Mia schedule is tougher--@JAC,@TENN,HOU,PITT  I don't see them winning 4 games

What do you guys think

I didn't type it this way honest LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Guys C'mon....:
    [QUOTE]You know we're taking the AFC East. Can the press stop acting as though the Phins or the Jets have even a sliver of a chance of taking that away from us? The Jets still have to play Atlanta, Indy and Cincy. The Phins have an easier time, but I'm sure they drop one along the way. Aside from the Jets, we haven't lost to a bad team. The Phins have always given us issues. Do any of you really think we'll lose any more games? Now, the Pats have major issues and I'm not all that confident that we'll get too far once we get there, but we're going to the playoffs as the AFCE Champs.
    Well, I would say Miami has more than a "sliver" of a chance winning the east. NE looks like a deflated team to me with little answers on defense. Yes, Miami is a young developing team but anytime you can run the ball and rush the passer you have an edge. The Pats don't have those 2 things right now. I still say NE will win the east but it won't be easy. Miami will be right there at the end..but they will probably fall short.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]If I were a betting man, I'd bet everything on the Pats this week.  I don't know what the line is---but it's going to be a slaughter.  And this win will springboard the Pats to close out the last three and take the division.  I wish I were wrong, but I know I am right.  Maybe Miami can grab a wildcard and possibly see the Pats in the playoffs for the rubber match.
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

Hey Oggie, how do you like the Phins chances against the Jags this week? I hope Miami can pull it together, I'd hate to see the Jets in second place!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]You all are counting out the Jets, yes the Jets!! Here is the schedule NYJ@TB-NYJ ATL@NYJ-NYJ  Ryan might not be playing NYJ@IND-IND   But the Colts could really Sc**w us on this one. You know how                       they like to rest when they clinch unless they are playing for                       a perfect season. CIN@NYJ-CIN   but they also may be resting players, last game of the regular                      season Mia schedule is tougher--@JAC,@TENN,HOU,PITT  I don't see them winning 4 games What do you guys think I didn't type it this way honest LOL             
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

I think you might be forgetting how much the Jets suuck since we haven't seen them lose in a couple of weeks. Don't worry, Intersanchez has a few more game ending throws in him!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Guys C'mon.... : Well, I would say Miami has more than a "sliver" of a chance winning the east. NE looks like a deflated team to me with little answers on defense. Yes, Miami is a young developing team but anytime you can run the ball and rush the passer you have an edge. The Pats don't have those 2 things right now. I still say NE will win the east but it won't be easy. Miami will be right there at the end..but they will probably fall short.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling a week from now, Miami is going to be 2 games behind us.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]You all are counting out the Jets, yes the Jets!! Here is the schedule NYJ@TB-NYJ ATL@NYJ-NYJ  Ryan might not be playing NYJ@IND-IND   But the Colts could really Sc**w us on this one. You know how                       they like to rest when they clinch unless they are playing for                       a perfect season. CIN@NYJ-CIN   but they also may be resting players, last game of the regular                      season Mia schedule is tougher--@JAC,@TENN,HOU,PITT  I don't see them winning 4 games What do you guys think I didn't type it this way honest LOL             
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

I think peeps are concerned about any situations where there is a tie for first place in the division.  If the Patriots go 3-1 (losing to Buffalo) AND the Dolphins win out - then the tiebreaker goes to Miami.

If I recall, the jets' divisional record would still be worse vs. the Patriots if they are tied at the end of regular season (and the Pats lose vs. buffalo).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Bubba- Thanks for your response- The tie is confusing to me, but winning the AFC east is going to be a little more difficult than we would like it to be.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Jake Delhomme has been throwing ints as if he really enjoys watching his passes caught by the opposition. If we can't stop him, we should get the golf clubs out.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guys C'mon.... : Yes, Vollmer and Edelman will only help as well. K-Max, I think you are totally wrong. You sound like one of the talking heads who loves when the Pats don't play well for the drama factor.

I guess you don't know me very well.  I'm on the verger of going postal with every loss.  If you read any of my post right after a loss you can see the anger in every word plus I pay way to much to DirecTV for the HD SuperFan option to enjoy anything but Patriot Blowouts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Now I REALLY appreciate how hard it is to win back to back Super Bowls!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guys C'mon.... : Hey Oggie, how do you like the Phins chances against the Jags this week? I hope Miami can pull it together, I'd hate to see the Jets in second place!

Hopeful..but very nervous about the Jacksonville game.  Still learning about the jags.  I don't like what I see so far.  That's why I am nervous. Well coached team; very efficient qb; great rb; disciplined defense.

Miami has played a tougher schedule, and Miami's wins have the strength of victory edge.  After Miami played the Saints and Colts as tough as anyone has all year--but failed to hang on- and after Miami was really in the first game at New England but blew a second half lead,  I was really impressed how the Fins came from behind this past Sunday against a strong, determined and motivated Pats team. It was without a doubt the biggest win under Sporano and the biggest win down here in at least 5 years.  Falling behind by 14 very early, but fighting back, was awesome.  But how they did it was truly impressive--in the first 11 games, they couldn't win a game with the pass; and the defense cracked under pressure in the 4th quarter.  But this time they passed their way down he field and the D stood up.   I am big believer in the 'springboard win at the end of the season' theory.  We may have got ours last week. I know you'll get yours this week.  

Sections
Shortcuts