Guys C'mon....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Guys C'mon....

In Response to Re: Guys C'mon....:
    [QUOTE]Now I REALLY appreciate how hard it is to win back to back Super Bowls!!!
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Hey Game at this point I would like to see back to back wins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guys C'mon.... : Normally I would agree with you, but not this year. They have injury and coaching problems that will wreck the rest of their season. The Texans started off as a small threat, but they have not been playing well lately at all. We won't lose another reg. season game this year.
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

Aren't you the genius that predicted a big win versus the Phins? It's amazing how you can point out all the faults with other teams and not see that Brady can win the close ones anymore. The young inexperienced defense is not the problem! They did everything that could be asked of them which is to put the high priced offense in a position to win the game at the end. They did that in every game except one. Brady is not getting it done, period!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

"They did everything that could be asked of them which is to put the high priced offense in a position to win the game at the end."

I didn't realize that allowing the opposing team to march down the field unobstructed, to score go ahead points in the final minute of important games, somehow correlate to putting them in position to win.

You may want to rethink that one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guys C'mon.... : Hey Game at this point I would like to see back to back wins.
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

isn't that the truth!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]You all are counting out the Jets, yes the Jets!! Here is the schedule NYJ@TB-NYJ ATL@NYJ-NYJ  Ryan might not be playing NYJ@IND-IND   But the Colts could really Sc**w us on this one. You know how                       they like to rest when they clinch unless they are playing for                       a perfect season. CIN@NYJ-CIN   but they also may be resting players, last game of the regular                      season Mia schedule is tougher--@JAC,@TENN,HOU,PITT  I don't see them winning 4 games What do you guys think I didn't type it this way honest LOL             
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

As I understand it, the Fins need only win one more game in this stretch than the Pats to win the tie-breaker, just like last year. I love the enthusuam and optimism, but I called this six weeks ago and it is playing out exactly as I thought - they are not that good this year and they are only 50/50 to make the play-offs.  I wish it were not so, but it is.

But I am enjoying what I can this season.  I called it a rebuilding season and that's exactly how it is playing out, and instead of worrying about the play-offs, I am watching the new guys and enjoying it.  BB knows this, otherwise he would not have traded Seymour just before the season started.  He knew what they had and he knew they would not be winning any Super Bowls with this team.

The good news is that they have the best rookie class I can recall and the receiver situation seems set for now.  They need only do half as good in this coming off-season drafting more rookies for the O-line, LB and RB and they will be a very dangerous team next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]If you know we are one and done in the playoffs, why are you so excited that we will make it...I mean I'm all for having one more game to watch,,but not this team...I would rather save myself the stress and aggrivation of getting amped for a game thinking we are gonna play good and get waxed ...No thanks  I'm just fine watching some other teams beat each other up...and wait for this media induced setup SB between Indy and N.O.  Oh, and what was that question you ask....Do i honestly think the Pats are gonna lose another game???   Talk about homerism...I am wondering if they will win another game and so is Brady  let him tell it...So in the famous words of Mr. Mora   :  "Playoffs!!!......Playoffs?!?!?  ..You want to talk about Playoffs!???..I'd just be happy if we can win a game!"
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Yup, that is what it is - an engineered face-off of two "undefeated" teams.  I wonder which team will get the refs on its side and be allowed to win?  And after I watch it, it will likely be the last NFL game I watch until they clean up the rigged officiating. I seriously think it will kill the sport before the brain injury issue does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Jake Delhomme has been throwing ints as if he really enjoys watching his passes caught by the opposition. If we can't stop him, we should get the golf clubs out.
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

I don't particularly care for Delhomme, but I don't see how beating him with golf clubs will solve the Pats' problems.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guys C'mon.... : Hopeful..but very nervous about the Jacksonville game.  Still learning about the jags.  I don't like what I see so far.  That's why I am nervous. Well coached team; very efficient qb; great rb; disciplined defense. Miami has played a tougher schedule, and Miami's wins have the strength of victory edge.  After Miami played the Saints and Colts as tough as anyone has all year--but failed to hang on- and after Miami was really in the first game at New England but blew a second half lead,  I was really impressed how the Fins came from behind this past Sunday against a strong, determined and motivated Pats team. It was without a doubt the biggest win under Sporano and the biggest win down here in at least 5 years.  Falling behind by 14 very early, but fighting back, was awesome.  But how they did it was truly impressive--in the first 11 games, they couldn't win a game with the pass; and the defense cracked under pressure in the 4th quarter.  But this time they passed their way down he field and the D stood up.   I am big believer in the 'springboard win at the end of the season' theory.  We may have got ours last week. I know you'll get yours this week.  
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.  Well written.  That victory is just the type of thing to carry a team straight into the play-offs.  I don't like it, but I agree with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guys C'mon.... : I don't particularly care for Delhomme, but I don't see how beating him with golf clubs will solve the Pats' problems.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

It doesn't solve anything.

It's just fun.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I don't know.  golf clubs seemed to have worked Elin Woods.  She's gonna get paid.  And she deserves it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know.  golf clubs seemed to have worked Elin Woods.  She's gonna get paid.  And she deserves it.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

only time I agree with u doggg-doo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You know what I find interesting about this whole Tiger Woods thing?

If the shoe was on the other foot, and she cheated on him -- she would still get paid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]You know what I find interesting about this whole Tiger Woods thing? If the shoe was on the other foot, and she cheated on him -- she would still get paid.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the book deal and other revenue generating vehicles of the wronged would not be as available or at least as lucrative. 

Ultimately, what Tiger will be paying handsomely for - Tystnad

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guys C'mon.... : Yeah but the book deal and other revenue generating vehicles of the wronged would not be as available or at least as lucrative.  Ultimately, what Tiger will be paying handsomely for - Tystnad
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

Watch the news tomorrow--I am "coming out" and admitting my affair with Tiger Woods...payday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]You know what I find interesting about this whole Tiger Woods thing? If the shoe was on the other foot, and she cheated on him -- she would still get paid.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I don't think the money should matter to him.  He cheated.  He cheated repeatedly.  He has a billion.  Even if she took 99% of it he could still live like royalty from it for the rest of his life, and then there is all the money he will still  make on top of that.

It's the embarrassment of the ugly clumsiness of it all that has got to be hurting him more than money.  He has his own cartoon about it now, LOL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

If I were a betting man, I'd bet everything on the Pats this week.  I don't know what the line is---but it's going to be a slaughter.  And this win will springboard the Pats to close out the last three and take the division.  I wish I were wrong, but I know I am right.  Maybe Miami can grab a wildcard and possibly see the Pats in the playoffs for the rubber match.
    Posted by oggieman

That's some serious jinxing at work there, Oggie

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I'm not the least bit worried about the Panthers this week, nor am I worried about the Jaguars in two weeks.  Both teams are from down south and will have to play in the cold weather in Foxborough, and the Patriots can win at home (undefeated).

I'm a little bit worried about a resurgent Bills team - they sliced through a respectable Miami secondary (Vontae Davis is a legit corner even as a rookie and Jeremiah Bell is an underrated safety IMO).  In the end, though, they're still the Bills and they still fired their coach midseason after firing their offensive coordinator during preseason.  Also, their pass rush and offensive line isn't getting any better any time soon, so they can have all of the skill position players they want because there's very little blocking.
    (side note: watch for ESPN to try jinxing the Patriots in this game too by constantly reiterating that the Patriots have an 11-game win streak against the Bills, just like they did before the Dolphins' game by constantly mentioning that the Pats hadn't lost back to back games since 2006)

But I'm the most concerned about going to Houston to play the Texans.  They could be playing for the coach's job and for a wild card playoff spot.  They also have a decent quarterback who was able to put up good numbers even back when the Patriots defense was respectable, along with the game's best receiver.  Fortunately, their line is mediocre, their running backs can't hold the ball (and the one who can is painfully slow and un-athletic), and with Owen Daniels on injured reserve Andre Johnson is literally the only real threat in the passing game (and it showed when they played the Titans, where every other play was a deep post to Johnson).  Nonetheless, the game is on the road and they have a good QB and receiver.  On paper, this is their biggest challenge.