Guys the secret is out..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Guys the secret is out..........

So let me get this straight....

If you take away the #1 WR
    Put consistent pressure on the QB so he has < 3secs to scan the field
    Face a O that refuses to run the ball, at all
    And have a O that dominates ToP 2:1

then that's how you beat the Pats, oh well that's fairly simple. Oh wait that's how you beat every team in the league  />.<

Not much of a secret there

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

ROFL I hate this forum bug. And no matter how many times I sign out and sign back in it still isn't corrected

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Guys the secret is out..........

If you take away Welker, the Patriots' "high flying" offense sucks donkeyballs.

Count on every team from here on out to triple team Welker and laugh their butts off as Ochocinco gives his latest parody of a deep route. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Contrary to popular belief, you do have to cover Hernandez, Gronk, and Deion. May not need to cover Ocho.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

this is no secret,

Just some teams can do it and others cant.

Ike Taylor did a nice job Ike Turner impression and made Tina Welker look bad by beating him up all over the field.

The key is to distract brady while committing 2 players to Wes.

Brady was so worried about Woodley that he didnt know where Wes was half the time.

Our O-line did a horrible job yesterday picking up the stunts they threw at us.

I dont know if was too loud to communicate or what, but our O-line led by Million Dollar Mankins were outplayed and outsmarted.

Doubling one guy on the line while another ran free....smh

Thats correctable, but will happen again versus good defenses....get used to it.

Time for Price to try to stretch the field?!?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Not a secret... just need to execute such a plan and have the players to do it.  the Steelers did!  Secondly, the Pats failed to adjust as the Steelers dared the Pats to play another way and they didn't!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Guys the secret is out..........:
    Contrary to popular belief, you do have to cover Hernandez, Gronk, and Deion. May not need to cover Ocho.
    Posted by kevin13130

apparently, you just have to cover ocho on the bench.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Didn't the mighty Cleveland Browns have the "blueprint" to beat the Patriots last year? Then the Saints the year before that?

Patriots just need to execute better fundamentally. The O.L. was terrible yesterday in virtually all phases. Plenty of blame to go around,

Long way to go this season but it feels as if NE's starting all over again on defense. But still no need to freak out.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

It's been out since SB 42. Not sure where everyone has been.  Even the great Brady needs a run game to make it easier on him.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Yeah, Ridley's had - what, 10 carries - and you think he's the answer.  BB knew he had to man up at running back against the Steelers.  Throw that kid in there against this D and his career might be gone, scarred for life.  Get a clue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

They need a plan B and to be able to execute plan B if plan A does not work.  It seems like the Patriots always have only one plan and once that doesn't work they just keep trying to force that game plan instead of trying something else.  this is very frustrating!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPfan4life. Show NEPfan4life's posts

No need to cover ocho, he's going to drop the ball anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Some simple things.

Besides needing to stretch the field with Price and running BJGE or Ridley more (not sure what Faulks role will be this year) the Pats had a terrible defensive plan and that is what sunk them.

Actually the worst D plan I have ever seen from Belechick in all the years watching.

Big mistake giving Pittsburgh the 6-16 yard middle of field in exchange for taking away the run and the deep ball. What we did is force them into clock eating drives that kept our offense off the field and kept our D on the field getting tired. I prefer the PAts D that lets the other team march down the field in 1 minute (or 3 plays)  and then either forces a field goal, a sack out of field goal range  or an interception (the PAtriots version of bend but don't break remember?).

Even worse when it was 3rd and 21 all our secondary was lined up  21 yards deep..why not 17 yards deep???

Our D has never been able to take away everything. It is built to do pretty well against the run and this year can get to the QB given time. This game it made sense on paper to at all costs to take away the long ball, however the Steelers did not bite and did not try to force it long, they were fine taking underneeth all night. The problem about he shorter routes is they don't take as long so the D does not get to the QB as much and they are time eaters.

Taking more chances and not being afraid of the big play will allow more TD's for the other team  but also an interception for every TD. It will also get the other team off the field faster and more chances for the PAts O to warm up (and less time for the Pats O to cool down)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

secret ???   that`s no secret... thats a formula to beat  95% of the teams.

Now, how many teams can do all on offense and defense for a full game? i´ll say 3 or 4 teams in the entire nfl.

I still see a 12-4 or even 13-3.

we have played great defenses this year, in consecutive weeks, we have two more to go...

go pats !!!

So let me get this straight.... If you take away the #1 WR Put consistent pressure on the QB so he has < 3secs to scan the field Face a O that refuses to run the ball, at all And have a O that dominates ToP 2:1 then that's how you beat the Pats, oh well that's fairly simple. Oh wait that's how you beat every team in the league  />.< Not much of a secret there
    Posted by PatsEng

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The secret is out that 35 year old fresh off an acl tear Kevin Faulk is our primary running back? Get ready to see a lot of teams doing what the Steelers,Jets,and Cowboys have done, bump the wrs, and drop a bunch of guys back in coverage as we continue to throw, throw and then throw a little more.

Was everyone of our offensive sets the same or was it just me?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

secret ???   that`s no secret... thats a formula to beat  95% of the teams. Now, how many teams can do all on offense and defense for a full game? i´ll say 3 or 4 teams in the entire nfl. I still see a 12-4 or even 13-3. we have played great defenses this year, in consecutive weeks, we have two more to go... go pats !!!   In Response to Re: Guys the secret is out.......... :
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

Auchhhhh I didn't started the thread my post was more sarcastic. I still have that hour bug that signig out just doesn't fix for me

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I thought the secret was the pass batting rover, or was it blitzing Brady?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

They svcked for one Sunday...get a grip and get over it...can't worry about the DB's now, it's way too late for that...so we'll be drafting a safety and yet another cb or two in the next draft...play hard until there are no games left to play...I promise you this...the Giants picked a bad time to be coming to the Razor...and the Steelers won't do that again to the Pats if we see them in the playoffs...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: Guys the secret is out.......... : Yup. And I hardly call allowing 23 points on the road to a good club like that so egregious that it's time jump off the bridge. Some of our fans here are a flat out embarrassment.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Indy held the Steelers to 23. They have a great defense !!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I think the defense actually did ok against the Steelers.  Let's not forget that as horrible as the game was, they only lost by about a touchdown.  For being on the field almost the whole game, the defense kept the Pats in the game.

I just don't think the offense is that tough to figure out.  No surprises in anyway. Always the same routes and trying to get it to the open man.  No mixing it up with tricks or anything, just find a target.  They'll have to find some new moves.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

McCourty needs a "breather"

Most Pats fans, no matter how critical of their team, agree on one thing: That the pass defense is a "glaring" weak spot. Most fans, though frustrated at McCourty's play, realize that he is far more capable than what he has shown thusfar this year. How to fix it? Sit him. He needs a break! Continuing to put him in and continually get beaten will only turn him into another Darius Butler!
    You ask who plays in place of him? Not our or Devin's problem. That problem belongs to the coaching staff. The coaching staff needs to find a way to do this

Sections
Shortcuts