Hakeem Nicks for a 3rd?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Hakeem Nicks for a 3rd?

Gmen 0-6, they are not paying him after this season....?. Thoughts ?  Injury prone, but who isn't on the pats right now!  I'd do this in heart beat....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Hakeem Nicks for a 3rd?

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gmen 0-6, they are not paying him after this season....?. Thoughts ?  Injury prone, but who isn't on the pats right now!  I'd do this in heart beat....

[/QUOTE]

we should agree to start a rule here on the board. whenever proposing a trade, the proposer should also include what both sides of the trade are...

I like Nicks. The trade would bring him here for 10 games, assuming he plays next week, and stays healthy. We can look at last years in season trade of Talib, who was on suspension, was injury prone, and had a bad rep. The PAts traded a 4th for Talib and a 7th. I assume we can assume Nicks has a higher value than Talib did at the time of the trade? Especially as we know the Bucs wanted to get rid of Talib. 

Do the Pats trade a 2nd or 3rd for Nicks for 10 games? I say BB has no interest.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

And he'll pick up the very complex Patriot offense because? We run the most complex offense in the league, no WR could master it mid-season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

How about a defensive tackle...from anywhere. Tomorrow they are going to roll out three guys that if not for the dire straits of our team, would not be playing in the NFL. That's a scary thought right there - we had 26 million to spend heading into free agency and came away with one guy (that is old and now hurt on a non contact injury). All we had was Vince and he was used too much, it shocks me that anyone is surprised that he went down with a injury (another non contact one). So 26 million to spend this off season, 24 last, and nearly 30 the year before that and we went out and got nobody. Horrendous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

hmmm...  That guy has great hands and it seems a knack for getting open...  I would give up a 3rd for him...  He's still in his prime and maybe he could explain to BB and MCD how the hell receivers walk into Jintsland catching balls from the start with no apparent learning curve...?

Dont see Jints giving him up tho.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

only need to win the devision and make it to the playoffs to have a chance.

Other injuries may yet happen to further derail the team, then what good will it do to make that trade?

Also why would NY take a 3rd for him when he was a 1st rounder. I do not watch them so I have no idea how he's done but I thought he had been good.

Amendola still recovering, Rookies still learning, Kelly out but as of right now not for the season, Armstead will be back and we don't know what is there, Gronk close.

With all that being said why would we be looking to make a big trade "at this time?"

When we started this 3 game stretch starting with the Falcons, most on here were saying they would be happy to go 1-2. Such panic and week to week over reaction.

The offense had a horrendous day in which Brady was part of it. That is never going to go well for the team when that happens. Brady is good for a clunker or two each year even when he is playing at a high level for the season and has his comfort level already established with his receivers. Ofcourse he was going to have a couple this season as well in his current difficult situation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In football, you really need to build your team in the offseason.  One player doesn't usually change a team and you give up a lot to get that player.  If you can get a very good guy cheap (Talib) it makes sense, but it's rare that deals like that are available. It might also make sense if you can get a guy who is a great building block for the long term, but rarely will another team part with a guy like that.  Nicks is not someone who will come cheap or be a cornerstone guy worth giving a lot up for. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

thee way we draft, we should use some choices to get Nicks and Gonzo.  At least we know they can play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] 

The way that this team has been drafting, why not? But, I'd prefer trading a 4th or a 5th for Vincent Jackson...or TE Tony Gonzalez.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

At least we are talking the right team now.

Trade withinn the division or from potential playoff competition such as denver are not going to happen. Right now JAX, TB, ATL, Steelers,  Gmen (if someone get to 3-3 in their division this weekend) are looking like possibilities.

Would rather get a DL, think the recievers we have are just as likley to come along by the end of the season as a new one, even a veteran.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about a defensive tackle...from anywhere. Tomorrow they are going to roll out three guys that if not for the dire straits of our team, would not be playing in the NFL. That's a scary thought right there - we had 26 million to spend heading into free agency and came away with one guy (that is old and now hurt on a non contact injury). All we had was Vince and he was used too much, it shocks me that anyone is surprised that he went down with a injury (another non contact one). So 26 million to spend this off season, 24 last, and nearly 30 the year before that and we went out and got nobody. Horrendous.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, when the game comes down to a 3rd and goal at the 3 yard line and the other team 'push' is 4 yards and an easy score then we know the Pats are done for the year.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good call man...

According to CBS Sports, several teams are preparing trade offers for Giants WR Hakeem Nicks.

With the Giants at 0-6 and Nicks' contract up after this year, GM Jerry Reese should be open to dealing. Jason La Canfora hears the G-Men could get a third-round pick for their talented 25-year-old wideout, even if it's just a "rental" for the rest of this season. Teams reportedly holding internal discussions include the 49ers and Falcons, while the Patriots, Lions and Ravens could also show interest. Rueben Randle is a weekly low-end WR3 right now, but could be a strong WR2 weekly if Nicks gets dealt ahead of the Oct. 29 deadline.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What makes people think Hakeem can learn our offense any faster than our rookies or the countless veterans we brought in over the years? Amendola, though he barely played in the system, was already familiar with McD's system from STL. That's why he was ready so quickly, also, being treated as a Welker clone his whole career, he's had time to learn how to read defenses.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

What makes people think Hakeem can learn our offense any faster than our rookies or the countless veterans we brought in over the years? Amendola, though he barely played in the system, was already familiar with McD's system from STL. That's why he was ready so quickly, also, being treated as a Welker clone his whole career, he's had time to learn how to read defenses.

[/QUOTE]

Did anyone say he could??? I think they just see a winless team holding onto an asset right now.  He will not resign with Giants as they won't pony up the money, and he will walk after the end of the season.  So might as well get something for him now.  

You know how I feel.. I'm with the young guns 100%, but this is intriguing nevertheless. Just good ol' Football talk.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

A league source tells Profootballtalk "two or three teams" are interested in Kenny Britt ahead of the October 29 trade deadline.

CBS reported Sunday morning the Titans are seeking a third-round pick in return, but they won't get that. A day-three selection is far more realistic for a player who has looked like a shell of his former self since his 2011 ACL injury. It's possible a change of scenery could jump-start Britt's career, but a trade wouldn't be an immediate boon for his fantasy value.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did anyone say he could??? I think they just see a winless team holding onto an asset right now.  He will not resign with Giants as they won't pony up the money, and he will walk after the end of the season.  So might as well get something for him now.  

You know how I feel.. I'm with the young guns 100%, but this is intriguing nevertheless. Just good ol' Football talk.  

[/QUOTE]

Why waste a 3rd on a guy who would see limited snaps? Might as well call up Lloyd and Branch, see if they can go.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

New York papers are saying it would take a 2nd and a 4th. If he walks they get an extra 3rd pick so a 3rd won't get it done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they'd ask him to learn all the plays.  They'd probably send him in for the plays he can master.  Any added WR mid season here would not be asked to take it all on, IMO.

Just my take based on what we've seen before like with a Gaffney in 2006.

[/QUOTE]

Price too steep for a limited rental IMHO, wouldn't pull the trigger as the GM. But I guess that's why I'm not employed as one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

New York papers are saying it would take a 2nd and a 4th. If he walks they get an extra 3rd pick so a 3rd won't get it done.

[/QUOTE]

Right but picking say 34th overall is better than 64th overall, if a bad team makes an offer.  But you also may want to trade him out of the conference and division, so a team like Washington doesn't bid on him.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why waste a 3rd on a guy who would see limited snaps? Might as well call up Lloyd and Branch, see if they can go.

[/QUOTE]

I guess you take a chance on a proven impact player, and see if he is worth keeping on an extension.  He is a 1st round talent, right?  So a 3rd third is worth it.  Again, I see why Pats would.. I am not saying Pats should.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He was a first rounder. New York papers saying "several" teams have asked the Giants if he would be available.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He was a first rounder. New York papers saying "several" teams have asked the Giants if he would be available.

[/QUOTE]

I know....

Sections
Shortcuts