Happy Baltimore won

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjmsphd43. Show jjmsphd43's posts

Re: Happy Baltimore won

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to jjmsphd43's comment:

Baltimore is capable of beating the Bronocs in Denver. That will set up a rematch of last year's divisional round game between Baltimore and Houston, but this time the Texans will be at home.

You spelled New England wrong.

But the last part you got right.  The Texans will be at home, watching the Patriots win yet another AFC Conference Championship.

Nah, the Texans will be the Patriots 33-28. The Patriots will come out flat and fall down 14-0 in the first quarter. They will be down in 30-14 in the second half and come back to make it 30-28. Then Houston will go on a long time consuming drive to kick a FG with around a minute to go in the game. The Patriots will get the ball with around 45 second left and no times, but they will not be able to move the ball enough to score in the time remaining and the game will end on an incomplete pass... season over!

Damn.  That is some very confident and detailed analysis.

Did you get that crystal ball for Christmas?

Nope, I just think Houston is going to focus on one thing, protecting the football. They will not turn it over and the Patriots success is based on averaging +2 in the turnover column per game (they were +25 in their 12 wins and dead even in their four losses). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Baltimore is capable of beating the Bronocs in Denver. That will set up a rematch of last year's divisional round game between Baltimore and Houston, but this time the Texans will be at home.

But the last part you got right.  The Texans will be at home, watching the Patriots win yet another AFC Conference Championship.

Nah, the Texans will be the Patriots 33-28. The Patriots will come out flat and fall down 14-0 in the first quarter. They will be down in 30-14 in the second half and come back to make it 30-28. Then Houston will go on a long time consuming drive to kick a FG with around a minute to go in the game. The Patriots will get the ball with around 45 second left and no times, but they will not be able to move the ball enough to score in the time remaining and the game will end on an incomplete pass... season over!

Nope, I just think Houston is going to focus on one thing, protecting the football. They will not turn it over and the Patriots success is based on averaging +2 in the turnover column per game (they were +25 in their 12 wins and dead even in their four losses). 

That's fair.  But it's one thing to 'focus' on a specific aspect of the game and there's another thing to execute that focus.  Do you think the Texans went into the last game hoping to turn the ball over or that wasn't one of their focuses? 

It was an absolute thrashing the last time these two teams played; I'd take that into consideration when basing your predictions on this game.  I understand you were short of Brooks Reed and Graham, but I would hardly say they have the same impact as Gronkowski, who is returning for us.

Either way, I expect a great game and I'm very much looking forward to it.  I'm flying up for this game.  Should be a doozy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjmsphd43. Show jjmsphd43's posts

That's fair.  But it's one thing to 'focus' on a specific aspect of the game and there's another thing to execute that focus.  Do you think the Texans went into the last game hoping to turn the ball over or that wasn't one of their focuses? 

It was an absolute thrashing the last time these two teams played; I'd take that into consideration when basing your predictions on this game.  I understand you were short of Brooks Reed and Graham, but I would hardly say they have the same impact as Gronkowski, who is returning for us.

Either way, I expect a great game and I'm very much looking forward to it.  I'm flying up for this game.  Should be a doozy.

I think it will be a great game. I do not think Houston will make a remarkable different game then last time. If Talib and Dennard are not 100% the Patriots will be one-and-done regardless of many plays are run under center and from shotgun spread by the Patriots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I think it will be a great game. I do not think Houston will make a remarkable different game then last time. If Talib and Dennard are not 100% the Patriots will be one-and-done regardless of many plays are run under center and from shotgun spread by the Patriots.

Not sure if I comprehend what you're trying to say, but that's okay!

We've never had a Texans fan here so it's a rather fresh breath of air.  I hope you'll be here next monday morning regardless of the outcome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In the last game they played, turnovers were 1-1; dead even, as you say.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Dude, that was hillarious, "you spelled New England wrong" I'm still laughing. Anyway, Texans will be at home cooking up the chilli before the Pats play......I hope. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

We've never had a Texans fan here so it's a rather fresh breath of air.  I hope you'll be here next monday morning regardless of the outcome.

I don't think he is a Texans' fan, Irish. Think it's just another instantiation of Leon.

He will be back on Monday, unfortunately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Any one know the status of Talib and Denard for this game?  In the first game Talib went out just before half time and Denard took over without missing a beat, but we need them to be health to shut down the Texans like we did the last time.  Once we are up 42-7 we need to run the ball and not give them a garbage time TD with an INT by out back-up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

Any one know the status of Talib and Denard for this game?  In the first game Talib went out just before half time and Denard took over without missing a beat, but we need them to be health to shut down the Texans like we did the last time.  Once we are up 42-7 we need to run the ball and not give them a garbage time TD with an INT by out back-up.

From all reports over the past two weeks, both should be good to go. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

Dude, that was hillarious, "you spelled New England wrong" I'm still laughing. Anyway, Texans will be at home cooking up the chilli before the Pats play......I hope. :)

Haha glad I could amuse you, raptor!

You better believe the Texans will be at home nice and snug watching the Pats hoist another Lamar Hunt Trophy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

I don't think he is a Texans' fan, Irish. Think it's just another instantiation of Leon.

Maybe, either that or PhatRex.  Either way, he's not coming off as d0uche-ish as the rest of the trolls; he just seems to be misinformed. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjmsphd43. Show jjmsphd43's posts

In the last game they played, turnovers were 1-1; dead even, as you say.

Technically that is true, but the Texans turn over came in the first quarter and led to the Patriots second touchdown. The Patriots turnover was a pick thrown by Ryan Mallett long after the game was over!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjmsphd43. Show jjmsphd43's posts

Maybe, either that or PhatRex.  Either way, he's not coming off as d0uche-ish as the rest of the trolls; he just seems to be misinformed. 

I am not a Texans (or Jets fans). I am a Bears fan living in Boston since 1984 when I came here for grad school... I rooted for the Patriots in both Giants Super Bowls because I still hate the Giants from 1980s and 1990s. 

Honestly, I think the Patriots are a great team, but in this year's NFL I do not think they are stand out amongst the remaining teams. To me all eight teams remaining are about even. The only team that would shock me is the Ravens because I think Flacco is the worst QB left.  However, with their defense rallying around Ray Lewis retiring, I could see them going on a run. 

As for the Patriots specifically, there was a time when it was a shock to see them come out unprepared for a game, but I do not feel that way watching them anymore. I think they come out complacent sometimes knowing how good they are and not putting in maximum effort. My assesment upcoming game against the Texans is that if they do that, and the Texans do not shoot themselves in the foot, the Patriots will not be able to come back from a bad start.

These are my opinions as a football fan whose team did not make the playoffs (again), and as some one who sees every Patriots game because that is what is on living in Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I am not a Texans (or Jets fans). I am a Bears fan living in Boston since 1984 when I came here for grad school... I rooted for the Patriots in both Giants Super Bowls because I still hate the Giants from 1980s and 1990s. 

Honestly, I think the Patriots are a great team, but in this year's NFL I do not think they are stand out amongst the remaining teams. To me all eight teams remaining are about even. The only team that would shock me is the Ravens because I think Flacco is the worst QB left.  However, with their defense rallying around Ray Lewis retiring, I could see them going on a run. 

As for the Patriots specifically, there was a time when it was a shock to see them come out unprepared for a game, but I do not feel that way watching them anymore. I think they come out complacent sometimes knowing how good they are and not putting in maximum effort. My assesment upcoming game against the Texans is that if they do that, and the Texans do not shoot themselves in the foot, the Patriots will not be able to come back from a bad start.

These are my opinions as a football fan whose team did not make the playoffs (again), and as some one who sees every Patriots game because that is what is on living in Boston.

Yeah, sure Leon.

LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You better believe the Texans will be at home nice and snug watching the Pats hoist another Lamar Hunt Trophy!

Is it a letterman snuggle?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Is it a letterman snuggle?

LOL!

Show up to the game in Varsity Letterman jackets, get bitchslapped like the JV squad.  hehe

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

FAIL!! We gave you ladies a shalacking with a TO differential of 0. Of course, the lone New England TO came from Ryan Mallet in mop up, but your +2 stat is pointless. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

agreed. i dont believe thats public knowledge. both are practicing. but so was gronk before sb.

we'll see how healthy they are. id hold talib out if his injury is lingering. if we lose him this game, could be teh difference in nexct game and or one after that.

dennard sounds like a pesky hamstring. 

you know you nver hear the pats using the latest technology in healing and thier injuries take a while

for example, when was the last time you heard a pats player was spending all their time in a hyperbaric chamber.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

For the one or two delusional people here saying Hou will win...wake up...They barely handled a very inept Cinn team at home nontheless...odds are definitely not in their favor New England 34-21...now thats realistic!

Sections
Shortcuts